Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-16-2005, 04:27 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Stamping Cards....

Can anyone please tell me how to do the 30 0r 60 cards, do with the scrap booking kits? I have seen some neat cards made from them. How much extra cardstock is needed?
TIA,
Gin
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 11:59 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Default No stamping cards

I would love to know how to do this also.
D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 12:31 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Hello...I want to a simply scrappin' class last weekend and we made 60 cards from one simply scrappin kit. It was a ton of fun. My demo already had the paper cut for us, but I will try to describe the best I can.

We purchased a pkg. of US white cardstock and a ribbon or hemp to go with the simply scrappin kit.

She had already cut the US white in half (4 1/4 X 5 1/2) for us. 30 shirts will make 60 cards. She didn't fold them though. We had to do that part.

She also precut the paper from the simply scrappin' kit. I believe that the paper was 12X12 originally. She then cut 4 pieces of cardstock for a layer on the front of the card. Approximate dimensions I think were 4 X 5 1/4. Save the scraps to use. We didn't use all of them for fronts.

We also used minimal stickers on each card and stamped on them. Usually sayings or they could be personalized later. Wonderful Words is great for this as well as Cheery Chat.

If you go to the gallery and do a search for simply scrappin or type in one of the names of the kits I know that you will be able to see some samples. I haven't had time to take pics. of what I made, but I will try in the next couple of days and upload them. That might be too long for you to wait though. If you have more questions please feel free to PM me. -Faith

Oh and I purchased two kits (the one that matches summer by the sea and polka dot party), 2 pkg. of US white cardstock, natural hemp, and tangerine grosgrain ribbon to do my cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 03:28 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks, luv2stmp4evr, I am anxious to see your pictures. This has fascinated me since I first read about doing 60 cards. Am I right in thinking that all the extra you needed in addition to the Simply scrappin kit was the white cardstock and some ribbon or hemp? I really want to try this.
D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 03:41 PM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Thank You Bunches. For your helpful reply.
gin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 05:30 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

Quote:

She had already cut the US white in half (4 1/4 X 5 1/2) for us. 30 shirts will make 60 cards. She didn't fold them though. We had to do that part.

:lol: :lol: this just cracks me up!!! i know what you meant to say, but it's sooooooo funny that 30 SHIRTS makes 60 cards & your demo didn't fold them for you, you had to fold them yourself!!!!!! I GUESS I WAS JUST IN A MOOD & NEEDED A LAUGH & YOU GAVE IT TO ME!!! THANKS!!! :lol: :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 05:55 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorothy erdely
Quote:

:lol: :lol: this just cracks me up!!! i know what you meant to say, but it's sooooooo funny that 30 SHIRTS makes 60 cards & your demo didn't fold them for you, you had to fold them yourself!!!!!! I GUESS I WAS JUST IN A MOOD & NEEDED A LAUGH & YOU GAVE IT TO ME!!! THANKS!!! :lol: :lol:
That made me laugh too!! :lol:

Sencie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 06:13 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

This gave me a good laugh too....I type like that a lot....

Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2005, 06:23 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

I laughed too until I thought about the laundry I had to do. :( :( :(

Check out my gallery!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2005, 09:10 AM   #10  
Kookie Creator

I didn't even realize I typed that! HA!

I did get a good laugh going back and reading it though. I'm still laughing thinking about it!

Here are the links to some of the cards that I made. I will add more tonight. (Hope this works because I haven't done a link before).

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers[/url]

3 More
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2005, 09:56 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am having a stamp camp for this technique in April. I got the hostess set to try it with. I did exactly as Faith stated above, following the directions in the March SS. I cut the patterned and colored solid paper into 4x5.25 rectangles and saved the scrps. I used some of hte white 12x12 for embellishments or to mount things, but it only took one page, so I have two extra. If you cut all the patterened and solid colors, you get 60 rectangles for mounting. It's a great technique. It really brings out your creativity to come up with different patterns for the cards. I used the 6-7 from the SS, then just let the creative juices flow. I left mine unstamped, and some not mounted to the card base, just the card front. That way, I can customize the sentiment for any occasion, and mount quickly to make a last minute card. If you have the right card stock colors, you could even mount onto other colors - very versatile.

I am letting my customers pick their own set for the stamp camp. It would work with almost any sets, Summer, Birthday, Christmas, or the Vintage one (use vanilla instead of white). The supplies suggested in the SS come to about $22.50. I charged $25.00, so that's $.42/card - not too shabby!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2005, 12:19 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Default No stamping cards

Thank you, luv2stmp4evr for the links to your cards they were great. Kris, thanks for the additional information on this project. I am anxious to try making these cards.
D
Reply With Quote Likes