Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Signing up with SU today!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/signing-up-su-today-386770/)

Bingaling 10-01-2008 06:36 AM

Signing up with SU today!!

Okay, I'm signing up today with Stampin Up! through my demo's site and I have picked out my stamps and paper but I am still stuck on the stamp pads.

Is it worth it to have more than one black pad? I have the markers so I think that is what is making the ink pad decision so difficult. What color ink pads to you all go for on a regular basis? Or like to use at camps/classes?

I currently have:

Basic Black
Tangerine Tango
Riding Hood Red
Pink Pirouette
Baja Breeze
Pacific Point
Kiwi Kiss
Certainly Celery
Chocolate Chip
So Saffron
Whisper White (Craft)

I don't know what to pick for my ink pads!?!? Please help with suggestions!! What did everyone pick for their starter kit? :confused:

Thanks!

rj77 10-01-2008 06:47 AM

I'm not a demo, but I love Rose Red! It's the only real Stampin' Up color I have. But I really love it. I like how it can be more pink,or more red. It's a gorgeous color!

GreenDragonLady 10-01-2008 06:51 AM

Well, I picked the in colors, but you already have those, so that doesn't help!

Maybe ones that will complement some you already have? Like Old Olive to go with Kiwi Kiss. Pretty in Pink to go with Pink Pirouette. Close to Cocoa to go with Chocolate Chip, etc.

luvabug31 10-01-2008 06:52 AM

Black, Chocolate chip is a must have, definately a blue, a red, and a green. Your choice of which of those but they are musts. I would also say a purple fo some sort as well.

Jenn D 10-01-2008 06:53 AM

I honestly don't like Basic Black, so I rarely ever use that ink pad and I have 2 of them. I LOVE Basic Gray! It works so much better for watercoloring and it never smears while I've been known to smear my Black. Old Olive is another color I use a lot.

lisa foster 10-01-2008 07:22 AM

Congrats! I'm happy for you! Welcome to Stampin' Up!!!
I use Real Red and Garden Green a lot, especially around Christmas. Always Artichoke goes well with Real Red too!

ceramics 10-01-2008 07:57 AM

Can't have too many black - I have two - I find when I have classes I need a few for the different projects. I love stazon Black. Also love basic Grey and Chocolate Chip!

CONGRATULATIONS and Welcome aboard! Don't forget to sign up for the Demo Side of SCS!

lisahenke 10-01-2008 08:57 AM

Congrats! I second Jen's oppinion on Basic Black. Aside from the smearing issues, I think it has too much of a purple undertone. I LOVE basic grey! Color choices are a personal preference, so it is hard to tell someone what to get. But since you asked by faves (you already listed most of my go-to colors) would be: Olive, pumpkin, regal rose, pale plum, rose red. good luck!

3girls1guy 10-01-2008 12:47 PM

Definitely Chocolate CHip, close to cocoa and certainly celery- i don't have basic grey though ( all though maybe i'll add it to my order!) Welcome!

Christine Ogden 10-01-2008 06:50 PM

I signed up today also

I picked black, choc.chip, so saffron, old olive and bashful blue. Most of the dp papers had one of these colors represented.

stampindoe 10-01-2008 09:14 PM

Real Red is a must. Can be used for Chirstmas, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, 4th of July, etc. I also use Old Olive, Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun, Always Artichoke, Lavender Lace, Perfect Plum and Pale Plum a lot!

saffivort 10-01-2008 10:23 PM

Me too!!

I signed up yesterday too as a UK demo. I picked Old Olive, Cameo Coral, Night of Navy and kept SU's choices of Green Galore and Brilliant Blue as I didn't have those ones already. I also changed my wheel cartridge to mellow moss for my flowered wheels.

I can't wait to get my goodies now :)

Vannessa

Chrissie_069 10-02-2008 02:54 AM

Welcome to Stampin' Up! When I joined last year, I picked colours from one family I love lots and started my collection there.

jascheide 10-02-2008 03:31 AM

Congrats on becoming a demo! :)

CarolineInToronto 10-02-2008 03:40 AM

congratulations on joining "the family"!

I'd also recommend the Basic Gray and Basic Brown ink pads if you like colouring-book images. Sometimes I find the Basic Black too harsh, and wither of those 2 neutrals can soften it up beautifully!

HTH
Caroline in Toronto

canben 10-02-2008 12:35 PM

Congrats! I agree with everyone that you cannot have too many blacks! When you are holding a class and your image is black, it speeds things up if you have two pads!

As for the other colors - look at the color families, does one stick out more to you? What cardstock are you getting? Go with colors you like - you won't demo them if you don't like them. Also consider the items you will be demoing in the next few months - Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, Valentine's Day, Birthday, Thank you, etc. You don't want to get Yoyo Yellow, Lovely Lilac, Only Orange, etc and then try to make a Valentine's card.... And I am NOT saying it can't be done, but you would be REALLY challenging yourself to come up with items.

Good luck with your new business!

kspiv 10-02-2008 01:28 PM

Old Olive & Elegant Eggplant are 2 great ones too! I would also add a couple of basic colors, like Real Red and Tempting Turquoise (or Brilliant Blue) and Green Galore....I also love those alot!
Best of luck! Dont forget to come over to the demo side to chat when this side isnt hopping...which I think it usually is, tho! =)
Kelly

Bingaling 10-02-2008 02:01 PM

I ended up with Basic Black, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, Bashful Blue, and Pretty in Pink for Ink pads. For paper I kept one pack as Bold Brights (I have all the other BUT those) and another pack of the In Colors. My wheel ink I chose Chocolate Chip and then switched out some of the stamps.

kspiv 10-02-2008 05:34 PM

awesome choices! =)
Kelly