Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remounting Stamps to Sell

I recently unmounted all my stamps onto cling. There are a few sets that I would like to get rid of but I know that they sell better when they are on their original blocks. How hard is it to remove the cling and remount them on blocks? The same as when I unmounted them??? Is there some sort of glue that I can use on the cling to make them stick on the blocks without having to remount them on new cushion? I still have the original blocks. Can anyone offer any suggestions?? Thanks.

Kristi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 12:55 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I have a girlfriend who mounts her own stamps using red foam that has no "sticky" to it at all (either side)... the way she does it is with rubber cement (the little pot of glue stuff with the brush attached to the lid).... she swears by using rubber cement instead of the sticky foam. I dont know how well it would work with the cling foam...but maybe worth a try if you have some?
Its a great question you pose... let us know what you find out that works!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 01:37 PM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

I have heard of folks doing this using rubber cement or crystal effects to glue rubber on foam to a wood block. From the Tuscan Rose stamp co website:
"Using rubber cement, apply a layer to both the [stamp] and the [mount], let air dry and then press together to apply."

I put some words in []s because she was talking about how to mount rubber dies to foam blocks, but her advice applies to mounting cushioned rubber to wood too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From previous discussions here, it seems there are stampers who have either unmounted, never mounted, or don't buy mounted stamps. You may want to try to sell them as they are & let the buyer remount them or offer to mount them for an additional cost.

I prefer unmounted & have even asked a seller to remove them from the blocks to save shipping & having to figure out what to do with the blocks after unmounting the set. So I would be happy to be able to purchase sets on cling.

It would be a shame if you spent your time remounting them to sell & a buyer would turn around & take them off the blocks. You may decide it's not worth your time & energy to remount them for the additional price you may be able to get. You could offer them as they are & if they don't sell, then you could always mount and relist them.

Linda F.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Linda, that was a good idea. You could state in your listing that the buyer can get them either way. Leave them unmounted until you find out if the buyer wants the wood blocks or not. If the buyer wants them mounted, then I would just glue the cling foam onto the blocks using a good strong glue such as those already mentioned or "Ultimate Glue". I, too, have unmounted and saved my blocks for the same reason.

~ Kathy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 02:39 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

Yep, us girls also that live in the UK like to buy sets unmounted especially as the postage rates have gone up over there, it makes it a lot cheaper for us to buy unmounted

My blog - http://sillybirds.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 02:39 PM   #7  
Crimping Master

Yep, us girls also that live in the UK like to buy sets unmounted especially as the postage rates have gone up over there, it makes it a lot cheaper for us to buy unmounted

My blog - http://sillybirds.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 09:33 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for the suggestions. I may even try to list some of them over on the B/S/T boards. I just got into stamping last June and I frequently go "overboard" on my hobbies. I went crazy buying stampers that I thought "I must have" and while I like them, I'm noticing that I'm not really using them. I'd much rather get some stampers that I will use especially now that I've been into this hobby for a year and know my style. Again, thanks for the suggestions.

Kristi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2007, 04:03 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

I agree that there may be a market for them unmounted, but to ask your original question..... I have lots mounted to cling. The cling peels off fiarly easily and I would think rubber cement would help if the sticky goes with the cling. KWIM? It's worth a try.
Reply With Quote Likes