Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-25-2006, 05:29 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Default should I get an embosser?

Hi All-

I am REALLY new to stamping, but I have enjoyed using the stamps in layouts and cards. I can see how versatile a stamp is compared to a sticker. Recently (I am a teacher) a student brought me a small gift of cards his mom made. She did a wonderful job on them, and two of the cards were embossed. SOO, my question is/are:

1- do I need this tool if I make cards? is it essential??

2- what kind should I buy? NO CLUE here

3- are they worth the extra effort with the powder and things??

thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-25-2006, 08:04 PM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

I think embossing is worth it. To get the best results (clean and fast) you need an embossing gun, versamark, and embossing powder.

All are available at most craft/stamp stores or through direct order like SU/CTMH. You can use a hair dryer, but the result is better with the gun (higher heat, directed at a smaller area). Almost any ink will work, but must be wet when the powder goes on or it won't stick. Versamark is great because it also makes a watermark if you only stamp it (it also pulls any left over ink of the stamp making the pad look gross, but does not affect the result at all). As far as the powder goes clear, gold, and silver are what I use most. There are so many diffrent thing you can do just check resources for things like Embossing Resist and Faux Metal. You also find the embossing gun is used alot to speed up project drying time.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-25-2006, 08:15 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Didn't you start another thread on this same topic in General Stamping Talk? It's kind of frowned upon to start identical threads in multiple forums. I hope you find your answers!