Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-04-2005, 02:32 PM   #1  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get a 6x6 album

OK... I was trying to figure out if I really need to do the 6x6 albums. Do you sell some when you show them?? I do 12x12 albums and found them so fun to work with because of the amount of pictures you can get in one of them. So should I go ahead and get a 6x6 and then try to do some pages up (they seem so small.. ;) )
SCS member #735
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2005, 02:41 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

I absolutely love doing the 6 x 6 albums. I just finished one I made for a friends wife for her new baby. You can whip up an album in a weekend and show what a great gift it would make - Im sure it will sell a few....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2005, 02:42 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I would say "yes". I have a few of the 6x6 albums and LOVE them. I used to do 12 x 12 albums and found them impossible to keep up with so I just quit doing it at all. I'm a demo and I did my first 6x6 scrapbook stamp camp last year and now I do about one every month or so. My customers love them because they come, pay a fee and leave with 8 completed pages for for their books. All they need to do is find a picture to stick on the page and it's done. I had so much fun scrapbooking Christmas this year because it was so EASY. That's the key to stamping, scrapbooking (pretty much everything in my life) - I only really want to do it if it's easy. I know...lazy but hey..I've got some completed scrapbooks!
Also...these smaller books are a fantastic way to get those non-scrapbookers scrapbooking. They are quick, easy and much less intimidating. Simply because you just don't have a ton room for a bunch of extras. They also make great affordable personal gifts for grandparents, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2005, 02:53 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

most definately get the 6x6! greatest thing ever invented. I also had a major problem keeping up when I used 12x12 albums to document a year's happenings. but with the 6x6, I can do one specific event and it gets done! I still have the 12x12 albums for the years, but for just general pictures. I just finished making an 6x6 album for my aunt for Christmas, it is all pictures of my dad's life - he died a little over a year ago. Pictures are in my gallery if you need some ideas. good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2005, 04:16 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Absolutely get one! I think the reason why people like making cards so much is that it is that "instant gratification" type of craft -- you know, you don't get the same kind of feeling over a month-long project. You would definitely hit a different market with the 6 x 6 book!

Since they are so small I like to use them in my wedding/baby classes -- the baby ones are great gifts and you can set them up so that there is a spot for each month highlighting that month's growth, etc. Calendar on one side or lines with milestones, and place for photo on the right opposite page. Wedding books great for the inlaws or as gifts for the bride after you get home with your photos. Sometimes it takes a long time for brides to get photos and it is always nice to get more photos from guests that professional may have not gotten!

I am also starting a Halloween mini album so that I can put just the one shot in there as well.

So MANY uses for the 6 x 6, you will not be disappointed, and there are so many ways to market it! ESPECIALLY for those that have limited time but want to be creative.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2005, 04:38 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I LOVE the 6 x 6 size because for some events I just don't have a lot of pictures. For instance - I'm organizing photos like I promised myself for 2005. I have maybe 24 pictures from high school - gosh, where did all those other ones go? Anyway, 24 is the amount I have that is scrapbook worthy. So, I"m going to do a 6 x 6 size for high school. I don't want to put them into a 12 x 12 because it would seem like an awkward flow.

I also LOVE the smaller size for gifts - family loves getting them for gifts!!! They are easy and do-able. Get an album and a scrappin' kit and you are all set my dear!!!

Wendi, SCS Member # 799
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/sahm_i_am
www.wendibrant.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2005, 05:02 AM   #7  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Default 6x6 Album

Ditto, ditto, ditto

I still like working on my 12x12 pages personally but for home demo's and stamp camps...6x6 are AWESOME! They make GREAT gifts, I sold several at Holiday by demoing (Grandma/Mom Brag Book, Baby Book & Wedding) and these were made for me personally that I shared w/ customers. You can do so much with the pages and 1-3 photos per page.

I also found, the 6x6 calendar a great way to start. Make the pages for calendar, transfer them to your 6x6 album at the end of the year !

Try it...you'll like it LMN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2005, 05:17 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Default Another vote for 6 X 6

I am one of those card makers that said I would never get into scrapbooking. Now I am totally hooked on the 6 X 6 scrapbooks. I am doing one for each year for my grand-daughter, I have the first one done (she is three, I have some catching up to do). Everyone I show it to comments on how they like the size. For non-scrapbookers, it looks to be a more do-able type. It is very fast and it really is alot of fun.
I had only seen the 12 X 12 scrapbooks, and those wre too intimidating to me. For your customers this may also be a factor for them.
Happy Stampin!!!
Wendy
aka, braggingran
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2005, 05:50 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

When I hosted a workshop, my demo had us make a 6"x6" card that featured a photo of our children. She showed us how this could be sent to Grandma and just be slid in a 6"x6" album. This way, at the end of the year, Grandma would have an account of the kid's past year! I know my mom would love something like that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2005, 06:30 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Like someone touched on already....get a 6 x 6 calendar demo it as a gift idea...then you also give the 6x6 albumn and the pages a perforated so then after the month on the calandar you slide it into the scrapbook for a lifelong gift! HTH
Reply With Quote Likes