Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-02-2017, 12:26 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,163 Likes on 497 Posts
Default several questions

Hello
I have several questions for all that throw in one topic:

Topic one:
Product Life

1. Product life I think going by the way side right? I like there card but never got in too it. I not journaling or photo. I wanted card making stuff.

2. For card making stuffed would Product life be worth money?

3. Is Anything do Product life anymore? I Stampin'up doesn't do Product life anymore either.

Topic 2:
Paper pumpkin kits.
I have seen them I not really in to them.
1. I am not sure what I see in the paper pumpkin kits on YouTube.
I love card make kits.
2.Is the pumpkin worth money?

Topic 3.
Cardkits:
I love card kits And with being said some of you know my some you I am handicapped and know my situation With that be say what are some options for cardkits?

Topic 4:
You May ask Any question about me. Your not going hurt my feeling we all to learn and to help each other: Don't be aired to asked questions :
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2017, 05:10 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, it's called PROJECT Life, which I tell you because it will making googling easier. I don't think it's really going by the wayside as a concept. You might also see it called POCKET SCRAPBOOKING. I think Becky Higgins, who was initially a big promoter of the Project Life concept, might have scaled back some, but lots of other companies make the cards for pocket scrapbooking. The common sizes are 2x2, 2x3, 3x4, and 4x6. Maybe 3x3 and 4x4.

If you typically make A2 (4.25x5.5) cards, you might like working with some of the 3x4 cards as a quick element on the front. Some are the cards are definitely more for scrapbooking (like ones that say SAY CHEESE or PICTURE PERFECT).

In my experience, usually not ALL of the cards in a pack will work for cards. If you have a discount store like Tuesday Morning, where you might be able to find packs for cheap, that's the best way if you're trying to find things for cards.

I have a lot of Paper Pumpkin card kits and I like the ones I have. But the problem with Paper Pumpkin is that not every kit is a card kit. Some are projects, like a wreath or treat bags or a calendar. There's no preview ahead of time.

Other card kits:

If you want to stick with Stampin' Up, there are two card kits in the current SU book that are $35 each. (I did the watercolor one from the last book and enjoyed it, so I bought the two in this book.) You end up with some leftover pieces you can use on your own cards, and you can interchange some of the sentiments if you don't like the one they picked for a specific design.

It looks like Fun Stampers' Journey's bloom box is a card kit each month. $25 is a lot each month for four cards, IMO, although you do get a full stamp set each month.

Simon Says Stamp has a card kit but none of the pieces are precut.

My Favorite Things has a kit but it's pretty expensive.

Paper Wishes currently has a 2 for 1 deal on their prior kits.

But truthfully, I think when it comes to card kits, you're going to be very limited if you're not able to shop online. I haven't really seen any in stores, although I also haven't been looking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2017, 06:34 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts

If you were able to shop online, Studio Calico has a card kit every month.

Also, I see lots of Stampin Up and other card kits on e-Bay, and they're pretty reasonably priced too.

I'll try to make something for the PIF board too, but I'm always super busy and just don't always have the time.

As Emily said, Project Life or pocket scrapbooking is still a thing. Stampin Up will continue to sell pocket scrapbooking products, they just won't be using the "Project Life" brand name any more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2017, 06:36 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh, forgot to mention -- a few of the Paper Pumpkin kits are available individually on the Stampin Up website. Can't remember if any are card kits though.

And keep checking the Clearance section of the SU website. When they add a lot of new stuff, I often see card kits listed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2017, 06:41 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Regarding card kits, I am hesitant to subscribe to one because I like to see it all ahead of time. Also, I have a lot of stamps already, so I'm pickier. I started thinking that I should not get all caught up in the idea of subscribing to one because there are so many products on my wish list.. why take the chance of spending that money on something I'm not crazy about when I could have spent it on my wish list. Does that make sense? I guess it depends on your situation: if you do not shop online or have a craft store to shop in, then a card kit might be a good fit for you. Another company that has a card kit is Spellbinders, but I haven't bought it before. Hero arts is a high quality kit with a good price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2017, 07:21 PM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoboken PaperView Post
Oh, forgot to mention -- a few of the Paper Pumpkin kits are available individually on the Stampin Up website. Can't remember if any are card kits though.

And keep checking the Clearance section of the SU website. When they add a lot of new stuff, I often see card kits listed.
I think, though, that you have to be a current Paper Pumpkin subscriber to be able to purchase past kits. (Unless that's changed recently.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2017, 07:51 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, for the ideals.... But I have listed of project listed but I can't tell what projects life kit best for me. And project life is worth money not. I never bought a project life kits or any kits for that matter. So vote yes or no? Thanks for option on this topic. Linda

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
So, it's called PROJECT Life, which I tell you because it will making googling easier. I don't think it's really going by the wayside as a concept. You might also see it called POCKET SCRAPBOOKING. I think Becky Higgins, who was initially a big promoter of the Project Life concept, might have scaled back some, but lots of other companies make the cards for pocket scrapbooking. The common sizes are 2x2, 2x3, 3x4, and 4x6. Maybe 3x3 and 4x4.

If you typically make A2 (4.25x5.5) cards, you might like working with some of the 3x4 cards as a quick element on the front. Some are the cards are definitely more for scrapbooking (like ones that say SAY CHEESE or PICTURE PERFECT).

In my experience, usually not ALL of the cards in a pack will work for cards. If you have a discount store like Tuesday Morning, where you might be able to find packs for cheap, that's the best way if you're trying to find things for cards.

I have a lot of Paper Pumpkin card kits and I like the ones I have. But the problem with Paper Pumpkin is that not every kit is a card kit. Some are projects, like a wreath or treat bags or a calendar. There's no preview ahead of time.

Other card kits:

If you want to stick with Stampin' Up, there are two card kits in the current SU book that are $35 each. (I did the watercolor one from the last book and enjoyed it, so I bought the two in this book.) You end up with some leftover pieces you can use on your own cards, and you can interchange some of the sentiments if you don't like the one they picked for a specific design.

It looks like Fun Stampers' Journey's bloom box is a card kit each month. $25 is a lot each month for four cards, IMO, although you do get a full stamp set each month.

Simon Says Stamp has a card kit but none of the pieces are precut.

My Favorite Things has a kit but it's pretty expensive.

Paper Wishes currently has a 2 for 1 deal on their prior kits.

But truthfully, I think when it comes to card kits, you're going to be very limited if you're not able to shop online. I haven't really seen any in stores, although I also haven't been looking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2017, 07:57 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

[QUOTE=Hoboken Paper;21492724]If you were able to shop online, Studio Calico has a card kit every month.

Also, I see lots of Stampin Up and other card kits on e-Bay, and they're pretty reasonably priced too.

I'll try to make something for the PIF board too, but I'm always super busy and just don't always have the time.
Thanks I be watching this too!

As Emily said, Project Life or pocket scrapbooking is still a thing. Stampin Up will continue to sell pocket scrapbooking products, they just won't be using the "Project Life" brand name any more. yes I love one in the new catty too. I put rak wish for with gold rose die cut sticker!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2017, 08:05 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I see they have Christmas one on the Clearance section but, I not crazy one for church Christmas cards I would 3 to 4 card kits for family and friends too! and the would hard to get! how often to add things on the Clearance section on Stampin Up website?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoboken PaperView Post

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2017, 08:14 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

yes That why I posted this asking head too. I am like about my money. to I am no a fix income too. But, there is more too my story. And it late I need go bed. Posted more about it later. Thanks for the ideals too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepymom33View Post
Regarding card kits, I am hesitant to subscribe to one because I like to see it all ahead of time. Also, I have a lot of stamps already, so I'm pickier. I started thinking that I should not get all caught up in the idea of subscribing to one because there are so many products on my wish list.. why take the chance of spending that money on something I'm not crazy about when I could have spent it on my wish list. Does that make sense? I guess it depends on your situation: if you do not shop online or have a craft store to shop in, then a card kit might be a good fit for you. Another company that has a card kit is Spellbinders, but I haven't bought it before. Hero arts is a high quality kit with a good price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2017, 08:42 PM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
Thanks, for the ideals.... But I have listed of project listed but I can't tell what projects life kit best for me. And project life is worth money not. I never bought a project life kits or any kits for that matter. So vote yes or no? Thanks for option on this topic. Linda
I don't really know what you want to use the cards for, so I don't know whether they'll be worth it to you. I can tell you that every time I've bought cards, there are always some in a pack I don't like. So I would expect to like only half of the cards in the package-- if you only use half of them, would it be worth it to you?

But generally, if I can't tell whether something is worth my money, it usually isn't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2017, 12:07 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heartfelt Creations does card kits each month with the new releases. They only have 3-4 cards in them but they are always gorgeous. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2017, 07:32 AM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will only weigh in on PaperPumpkin. I subscribed for about 3 years but found the crafty ones weren't appealing to me usually, I am a cardmaker, not so much a crafter. So I let it go and have not missed it. If one could preview... also the price went up so that was a deciding factor. I know it would be impossible to design kits that please everyone so I decided to order what I want from the catalogue rather than pay over $300 (Canadian) a year when I might really like only 1/3 of them.

That being said, I enjoy having the ink spots and some of the acrylic stamps I have from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2017, 09:06 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks I will post Ref listed If all place you give me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2017, 10:51 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Another question: Is Listed Ref. SU past card kits any where? I wood like to have Ref. and be able name of past card kits. And to be able to google them. Thanks Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

Linda, I know I have a few project life packs but, I picked up all of mine in local craft stores (like Micheals and Joanns) so, that would be one way you could see those packs and see if any of them appeal to you. not all of them would work for cards most are geared towards being used in scrapbook albums.

I think the nature of the beast on any kind of a kit is that you will like some of it but, maybe not all of it so, its a personal thing I guess as to if you like enough of any given kit to want to play with it enough to use "most of it", or enough of it you feel like you got your money's worth from buying the kit.

I think club scrap has kits too Card Clubs - Club Scrap
but, I also do not know if they accept paper checks in the mail for orders. ( I have never joined any of them but I do from time to time pick up stamp sets from them, and the papers I have are good quality)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2017, 01:55 PM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

where are you from? i take it english is not your first language, correct?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2017, 02:58 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

yes English is my first language.... But I have CP so it hard to communicate sometimes a long other things too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativechbdcraftsView Post
where are you from? i take it english is not your first language, correct?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2017, 04:19 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

when did Spellbinders, start do cards Kits? Love there dies....I hope someone buy sell will some Spellbinders, cardkits sale soon Lol I dreaming I know! :grin:

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2017, 05:21 PM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
when did Spellbinders, start do cards Kits? Love there dies....I hope someone buy sell will some Spellbinders, cardkits sale soon Lol I dreaming I know! :grin:
I'm not sure when they started it, I was really surprised! They do have some beautiful things.😬
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2017, 05:26 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for explaining! You really keep yourself going!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2017, 05:32 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

not problem more question just ask I don't mind I love to explaining I just where to began? Or what questions unless ask me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativechbdcraftsView Post
Thanks for explaining! You really keep yourself going!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2017, 05:35 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

yes, I did not even know about this. Until you shared the information. I surprised! what you learn on scs threads LoL.

Quote:

I'm not sure when they started it, I was really surprised! They do have some beautiful things.😬
Reply With Quote Likes