Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Which sets haven't you bothered to mount yet? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/sets-havent-you-bothered-mount-yet-65072/)

sunnywl 06-30-2005 07:39 PM

Which sets haven't you bothered to mount yet?

I was just wondering about those stamps you have NOT mounted yet. Which sets, and why aren't they mounted to use yet?

I have By Design and Alphabits that aren't mounted yet. I am just not sure if I will use them or want to sell/trade those sets.

Whitneystamps 06-30-2005 07:57 PM

I haven't mounted Occasionally yet. I can't decide if I want to keep it, and it doesn't look like people have very much luck trading it.

Lisa Loiselle 07-01-2005 05:21 AM

I'm one of those AR people who mount each set THE DAY I get them!

Leah H 07-01-2005 05:36 AM

I've decided to take a "mount as I use" approach. So, Cool Cat and Sincere Salutations are not completely mounted. Saves me a little time and hopefully it will increase resale value later.

kfamilystamper 07-01-2005 05:40 AM

I have not mounted Fine Print (yes, I got it as an SAB set 2 years ago!), Occasionally and Sketch a Party.

Fine Print and Occasionally are just mot my style but I have not gotten around to trading them yet. I got Sketch a Party with my demo kit and then found out it was retiring, so I decided to sell/trade it for something current.

My Canvas BG and Crayon Alpha lowers are not done yet just because I have not gotten to them yet. They will be done by the end of this weekend though. We will be in the car for a while and I often mount will we are on the road!

lovemykids 07-01-2005 06:14 AM

I have not mounted my Flexible Phrases set yet. Not because I don't like it..... I just don't know how to mount them. I don't mean cut and stick, I mean which words go with which words?????? I know there is a system, an organized way that makes a lot of sense. I just don't want to do it wrong. Short words with long words.... OH what a headache.

Sairabee 07-01-2005 06:19 AM

Festive Four, Borders Mini, and Simple Florals (I think that's the name of it!)... I used to mount everything the minute I got it, but have decided to switch and mount as I use things. I just haven't had a chance to use these yet...

CardFanatic 07-01-2005 06:30 AM

I mount mine within a day of getting them!

inkmagination 07-01-2005 06:38 AM

I used to mount mine right away, then a few months ago I slacked off and it would take me a few weeks, but I mounted them all within a month.

Last Friday night I mounted the animal alphabet around 1am, bcs I realized I needed them for goody bags for my DS's b-day party the next day! It was worth it, the kids loved getting personalized bags.

chercher 07-01-2005 07:04 AM

Oh how I hate to mount alphabets! But I love to buy them.

DonnaG 07-01-2005 07:09 AM

Toybox

I think I've had Toybox for two years and still have not mounted it.

basurok 07-01-2005 07:35 AM

I've often wondered about people who bought stamp sets and did not mount them. Kind of a "why do they do that"? deal. Even though I am a stamp hoard, I usually mount my stamps right away. Usually I write the name of the set on each block and my initials. That probably decreases resale...but doubt anything will be sold until I croak and I won't care then! :D Then I stamp them in my inventory book. Everything I own is mounted and stamped at least once right away. It is one of my quirky things I guess....

Vixen 07-01-2005 12:04 PM

I mount 'em as soon as I get 'em. My theory is that I might want to use a particular set while I am stamping and don't want to have to stop and mount it.

I hate mounting alphabets so I try to buy them used! How pathetic is that???

Manic Mom 07-01-2005 12:12 PM

Funny

It's funny that this thread was started when it was. I had two nights without kids this week, so I made a point of getting all of my unmounted sets mounted.

I finished up the 23rd set last night! How *pathetic* is that? I had 23 unmounted sets!?! Well, actually 24, but I left one unmounted because it was a double and I'm going to give it someone who doesn't have it already.

Now I just have to use them all!

(I have about 50 mounted sets, but I just seem to keep using them over and over... maybe now I will use more of a variety since I finally CAN!)

sassybee 07-01-2005 12:16 PM

I have not mounted the following sets:

Little Hellos
Fresh Fruits
Curvy Verses
Occasionally
Lexicon Of Love
Totally Cool

mama2jackson 07-01-2005 01:27 PM

Everything is mounted usually within days of receipt, but I still haven't mounted Everyday Flexible Phrases...sounds WAY TOO tiring for me. I wish I would just get down to business and mount it because I'm sure I would use it all the time!

tc82742 07-01-2005 02:26 PM

tropical blossoms from last years retiring list!

JuilletQuatorze 07-01-2005 04:24 PM

Yikes ...

As I sit here I am, literally, surrounded by my unmounted sets. I was updating my list of stamps in Excel and have them all right here. It's a little scary:

Wonderful Words II
Life Cycles
Curvy Verses
Winged Things
More Petal Prints
Stippled Stencils
Birthday Best
Burst Into Bloom
Cool Cat
Balmy Breezes
Alphabits
On the Line
Just My Type
Roughing It
Collage Alphabet Numbers
Collage Alphabet
Watercolor Garden II
Botanicals
Filigreem
Canvas

Good grief. I normally get them put together quickly, but the last order or so was a big and I haven't gotten around to getting them all together. It looks a little daunting in a list like that ...