Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-11-2006, 01:11 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Default Selling of your cards?

I was asked by a co-worker if she could buy some cards for her church bazaar. I think I need a stamp from SU to put on the card, ( I can get that), but I have no idea what to charge? I have given them as gifts before to my friends, but never sold any. Does anybody have any ideas and is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks for the info!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 01:12 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

I've been in a craft show for the last few years and I generally sell my cards for $3. If there are a lot of details/layers/embellishments, then I ask for $4.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-11-2006, 01:14 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yes, you need one of the Angel stamps from SU to sell the cards.

The price really depends on how many layers you use and how much embellishment. Usually around $2.50 - $3.50. Be sure you make enough to cover your supplies. Work out a deal with the buyer - maybe a slight discount f you sell sets, etc. It also depend on whether you include envelopes with the cards. Don't sell yourself short!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #4  
Glitter Queen

Default Selling cards

OK.. Here is the dealio from my side. I sell cards all the time, mostly to my long distance family who love them! Hehehe They kind of have to right. Well, maybe if I was 5 years old. But anyway... soooo not the point! LOL I also sell to co-workers and take orders. I generally sell mine between $2.50 & $4.50. If the technquie is difficult and allot of labor was put in to it... the card is $4.50. You decide what your time is worth. Not even the materials... I basically charge for labor. My cards, after adding it up cost me $1.25 or $1.95 for materials. So I am making my money back. And beleive me, I am not halfing out on my cards... these suckers took time and loads of fun! That is worth a lot!
You need to read the Angel Policy to double check SU's boundaries. There is allot you are not allowed to do and very little you can without costing yourself a pretty penny to get there.
Do sets of cards... Matching and mixing the combinations. People LOVE color and generally buy for the colors. So use very little white card stock and use those great color combos that catch your eye or put you in a good or relaxing mood. If you can attract, they will come!
Make matching envelopes as well! This helps along the whole package. Also you can use the option of making a TOTE for them. The totes I have made fit the cards and envelopes perfectly, fitting 10 cards and 10 envelopes.
Ok.... I can't think of anything else. I hope this helps. If not ignore me! LOL
S
Old 09-12-2006, 08:21 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Wink

Thanks all for the advise. I have never done the selling before, but your suggestions are great! ( if this works, nice way to subsidize my habit!)
Sponsored Links