Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Secret sister swap! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/secret-sister-swap-31093/)

scar0210 02-23-2005 11:45 AM

Secret sister swap!

BOO-HOO :cry: my secret sister doesn't have a gallery. I was so looking forward to taking a peek and seeing what her taste is in cards and projects. I hope I make the right decision in the cards, projects and little gifts I send her. Don't you wish you could be a little fly on the wall to see how they react when they receive their creations. Oh, by the way has anyone come up with a soulution for posting our secret sister cards we send. Can we do so in our gallery? :?

GAMom2ChelNJustin 02-23-2005 11:58 AM

Hi... I've managed to create a new account using yahoo or hotmail. This way I can chat with her online but she won't know who I am.

MsAudreyAnn 02-23-2005 12:53 PM

Re: Secret sister swap!

Quote:

Originally Posted by scar0210
BOO-HOO :cry: Oh, by the way has anyone come up with a soulution for posting our secret sister cards we send. Can we do so in our gallery? :?

Sorry, I new to this, so bare with me....

I guess I'm confused about this...do we post the cards we send??...or the ones we receive?? If I post a card that I've sent, wouldn't that be giving away who I am to my secret sister??....it would show up in MY gallery, right??....I'm sorry, I'm lost here......LOL

:oops:
Audrey

mycattracks 02-23-2005 12:55 PM

:evil: I just went to check my e-mail and I have no messages :shock: even the 50 or so i had saved are gone

Just a tech. glitch :roll:
NOTE TO SELF:don't be so impatint

VMetz 02-23-2005 06:33 PM

Aaahhh, so i'm not the only one disappointed to see her SS doesn't have a gallery. I did the same thing, so I could find out her taste, but no luck.

Victoria

shellypasek 02-23-2005 06:51 PM

I have a question.......... :oops:

Were you notified of who your secret sister is?? I havent been told that I have one yet, :( am I supposed to look somewhere special? I did recieve an email that someone has me and wanted my email address :D

I don't want to leave someone waiting on something from me if I have been given a name I have some stuff I am wanting to send...

Just curious...

scar0210 02-23-2005 07:12 PM

sister swap

You should have gotten a message in your forums telling you who your sister is. I got notified about 4 days ago.

Christine P 02-23-2005 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellypasek
I have a question.......... :oops:

Were you notified of who your secret sister is?? I havent been told that I have one yet, :( am I supposed to look somewhere special? I did recieve an email that someone has me and wanted my email address :D

I don't want to leave someone waiting on something from me if I have been given a name I have some stuff I am wanting to send...

Just curious...

Please PM cravh. You are on her list. She can tell you who your SS is! The PM may not have gone through because on the list your name has a space... shelly pasek, but your scs name doesn't. Does that make sense? Just send Robin a PM. She'll help you out!

Hugs,
Christine

scar0210 02-23-2005 07:13 PM

sister swap

You should have gotten a message in your forums telling you who your sister is. I got notified about 4 days ago.

Christine P 02-23-2005 07:14 PM

Re: Secret sister swap!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsAudreyAnn
Quote:

Originally Posted by scar0210
BOO-HOO :cry: Oh, by the way has anyone come up with a soulution for posting our secret sister cards we send. Can we do so in our gallery? :?

Sorry, I new to this, so bare with me....

I guess I'm confused about this...do we post the cards we send??...or the ones we receive?? If I post a card that I've sent, wouldn't that be giving away who I am to my secret sister??....it would show up in MY gallery, right??....I'm sorry, I'm lost here......LOL

:oops:
Audrey

You would only post those cards/gifts that you receive.

C

CrabbyAbbe 02-23-2005 07:18 PM

when i wanted a gallery set up for SOF! All I had to do was ask jbalcer and she had one set up for me by the next day, is there anyway we can get this going? Please :D

shellypasek 02-23-2005 07:34 PM

Thanks so much for your help! I did mention to her when I responded that I hadn't gotten a name yet, so I will keep my fingers crossed that I will hear from her soon.

Where were you able to see the names posted at Christine P. ?

I seem to be totally lost!! :oops: Sorry...

CrabbyAbbe 02-23-2005 07:56 PM

you should receive a pm with your secret sisters name, address, and all of the information.

PenelopePitstop 02-23-2005 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrabbyAbbe
when i wanted a gallery set up for SOF! All I had to do was ask jbalcer and she had one set up for me by the next day, is there anyway we can get this going? Please :D

What's SOF??

Stampinmomof3 02-24-2005 03:11 AM

I have a Question about e-mailing your ss... how in the world do you do that? please someone :cry: let me in on the secret :lol:

sahm_i_am 02-24-2005 03:21 AM

Oooh, this sounds like fun! I didn't sign up for the SS swap because of my ability to already be over-committed, but are those of us out of the loop going to be able to see the creations given? I LOVE SSS and I bet this one is going to be sooooo good! Have fun, ya'll!

Badger_Hockey 02-24-2005 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny K
Quote:

What's SOF??

SOF is a group called Stamp Out the Fat. It's for stampers to join a group of 3 other stampers and use each other as inspiration to lose weight.

Badger_Hockey 02-24-2005 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampinmomof3
I have a Question about e-mailing your ss... how in the world do you do that? please someone :cry: let me in on the secret :lol:

Hi -

The way you can email you secret sister is to set up an email account that has nothing to do with you. Your name or location isn't anywhere on the account. You can do this by using Yahoo or Hotmail. I can also send you a Gmail invite too. The key is that your email address can't distingush you.

Hope this helps,
Sara

Stampinmomof3 02-24-2005 04:52 AM

Gmail? :? :?

stampinthyme 02-24-2005 04:53 AM

You are so smart Sara. Thanks for the tip about email. Cool, I don't want to know who my ss is until the end!!!!!!

Lisa

Badger_Hockey 02-24-2005 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampinmomof3
Gmail? :? :?

Gmail is email from Google. You can only get it by invitation right now.

Thanks Lisa :)

Christine P 02-24-2005 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sara_shinker
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny K
Quote:

What's SOF??

SOF is a group called Stamp Out the Fat. It's for stampers to join a group of 3 other stampers and use each other as inspiration to lose weight.

We're working on a gallery and forum. I've posted that info in the other thread.

C