Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Scrapbooking crop ?????? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/scrapbooking-crop-267298/)

kerry612 07-10-2007 01:19 PM

Scrapbooking crop ??????

I was just wondering if anyone has put on a scrapbooking crop? I went to one with a friend of mine last year and it was so cool. There are about 5-6 of us that want to pull together and put one together here in our area.

The one that I went to offered breakfast, lunch, snack and all the beverages that you wanted for $30.00. And each person that demoed from different companies were asked to provide a $25.00 give away prize. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

have a great day, Kerry

cardsbyanita 07-10-2007 02:10 PM

We did a big one at church a few years back! It was great fun! We had make and takes at diffferent time as well as classes. PM me if you want more info.

You might also ask your question in the scrapbooking forum.
Stamping Smiles,
Anita

troopersma 07-10-2007 02:42 PM

Hi, I'll be watching this thread because I'm considering doing one myself. I've went to one in the past where it was a weekend thing. Held at a resort. Didn't include the meals or the room (but we got a discount on the rooms and shared with others). Classes were offered. There were prize drawings and goodie bags.

kerry612 07-10-2007 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbyanita (Post 6457005)
We did a big one at church a few years back! It was great fun! We had make and takes at diffferent time as well as classes. PM me if you want more info.

You might also ask your question in the scrapbooking forum.
Stamping Smiles,
Anita

Anita,

Thanks for the response. I sent you a pm.

Thanks again, Kerry

CMCAnne 07-10-2007 08:58 PM

I do scrapbooking crops all the time -- night-time ones, day-time ones, weekend retreats. I'm not sure from your post what it is you want to know? I'm happy to give you suggestions, if that's what you're looking for. Just PM me! :)

gigglangel 07-11-2007 09:27 AM

OOHHH

Quote:

Originally Posted by troopersma (Post 6457451)
Hi, I'll be watching this thread because I'm considering doing one myself. I've went to one in the past where it was a weekend thing. Held at a resort. Didn't include the meals or the room (but we got a discount on the rooms and shared with others). Classes were offered. There were prize drawings and goodie bags.

Hi there...I'm a hi-jackin' this thread..I was at Scrap-Camp this past weekend too!!! Had a blast!! But so sad there will not be another.

I have a friend that has been starting up doing crops - and for a bit will be doing them from her home. It's a great monthly thing, but the weekend one was definitely the best!

gigglangel 07-11-2007 09:32 AM

I know who Troopersma is now!!! Bianca was soooo funny trying to figure you out!!

kerry612 07-11-2007 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMCAnne (Post 6461445)
I do scrapbooking crops all the time -- night-time ones, day-time ones, weekend retreats. I'm not sure from your post what it is you want to know? I'm happy to give you suggestions, if that's what you're looking for. Just PM me! :)

I am sending you pm. Thanks a bunch, Kerry

Stampingwithkids 07-11-2007 10:53 AM

I am hoping to find a place to do a retreat come this fall. There seems to be several of us that just need to getaway and what could be better than scrapbooking and stamping. Right now I just do them every other Friday night at my place or at my clubhouse. It is fun. It is a free for all and people can bring goodies to eat and drink for everyone to share. I provide little door prizes and a place to crop. It has worked out well so far.

Jillgunter 07-11-2007 11:10 AM

A friend who sells CM does a weekend thing every fall where she rents a house. She just splits up the cost between everyone on the house. I have never been, but it sounds like fun. I could never leave for that long now that I have a toddler, I dont think her and daddy would survive without mommy:)