Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-24-2005, 09:00 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default creating a customer base for a new demo

I am considering becoming a demo. Like, gonna make the decision by next week. So, here's my question...

How do I round up customers? Most of the people I know either don't stamp, or already have a demo they love. I am a bit of a homebody, the only people I really know are the ones I worked with, but the lady who will be my upline worked at the same place, so she is already their demo. That leaves me with noone I already know looking for a demo.

Any suggestions to drum up business? I don't want to just jump in, and then not be able to meet my minimums because I don't know anyone, or worse, have to spend all that money myself (hehe) just to meet my minimums. Okay, there are worse things than spending 300 bucks on stamps, but most of the time, I don't have that kind of money, I recently went back to school, so I am "unemployed" technically speaking...

I digress...

Any help or suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated.

Becky
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 09:13 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Best advice at the moment I could give you would be to communicate with your upline and express your concerns, and emphasize that you wish to pursue the career aspects of it (rather than hobby aspect, and spending the minimums yourself to remain active). What are her thoughts, suggestions, ideas, etc. What are her goals with SU!? Is she also pursuing career aspects as well?

Perhaps she would be willing to have one of her customers hostess their next workshop through you as the demo'r to give you a good start?

Since you are planning to sign up under her, she's the first one I'd approach with these questions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 10:14 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

I'd agree with Julie (like anyone would disagree with the Queen! ). Anyway, I've been thinking about becomin a demo on and off for I'd say about 3 years. Anyway, this promotion was just the push I needed - it makes the starter kit such an GREAT bargain on supplies alone. But I digress too . . . Anyway, I was in a stamp club that met every other month, took turns hostessing, etc. and my demo was kind enough to "give" me one customer who was very new to our club (she had only been to one meeting filling a vacancy) and also lives super close to me and knew me as well. Anyway, this one customer alone has rounded up enough people to form a stamp club which I think will allow me to keep the minimums. All it takes is one club or good party and you are rollin' -- at least that's what I think! I've been VERY suprised at how easily all of this has come to me - practically falling in my lap!

My gallery
My blog!

Last edited by degrffn; 08-24-2005 at 10:15 AM.. Reason: spelling - silly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 10:20 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Another thought is to sign up to teach stamping classes in a local community adult school program or something like that. That's how I first got into stamping. Or, do you have a local Junior Women's Club? You could contact them and offer them your discount at the workshop (that way it could be a fund raiser for them) and then you might find some stampers that you didn't know were out there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 10:28 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

I think I am going to call my community center, they have all sorts of cool adult programs and classes, sometimes they are a one day event, sometimes they have ongoing classes like aerobics...maybe I can get started there, one day a week, teaching a class. That would be kinda cool. Even if I decide not to demo (which doesn't seem likely) I would still be "networking" with some stampers. Thanks for the great ideas, Ladies! I'm getting a little excited!

Becky
Reply With Quote Likes