Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-31-2006, 09:25 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Default Is this the same as an aquapainter?

I found this toy on clearance at Target last week for $2.48. It is called a Hello Kitty watercanvas and it comes with what they call a waterbrush. Here's a pic. I've never used the aquapainter but is this pretty much the same thing? If so, I think I will swipe it and let my daughter use a regular brush. I should have bought both that they had.
Attached Thumbnails
Is this the same as an aquapainter?-waterbrush.jpg   Is this the same as an aquapainter?-hellokitty.jpg  
An - SCS member #44271
"I'm a mystery wrapped in a riddle, covered with chocolate sprinkles." - Cookie Monster
my tiny gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:33 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

It looks a lot like one, but I have other, cheaper, water brushes and -- for whatever reason -- the Aquapainters are the BEST. I am not a demo for SU or anything, but I have used about three other brands, as well as blending pens, and my Aquapainters are my absolute favorite. If you bought this, use it and see if it works for you. If you decide to go into bleaching or something, and you end up buying the Aquapainters, you could use this one for the bleach or whatever other liquid that is not water, and save the Aquapainters for water. Hope that helps. - Gay Howe
Old 07-31-2006, 10:02 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's the same general idea, yes. As with a lot of things, though, there are Yugos and there are Cadillacs, lol! Both have their uses, for sure. I would suspect this one does not have any sort of flow regulator/restricter in it, making it difficult to control how wet the brush gets. Still, to just play around with.....I say go for it. Buy your daughter a nifty new watercoloring tray with paints in it in exchange!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:15 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Yeah, I figure it's not quite the same quality as SU's but for $2.50 it will be a good way to see if I like the technique. It actually does have a valve and you have to squeeze the water out as needed. It's really a pretty neat toy, it comes with 4 reusable pictures that are already painted but the color doesn't show up until it gets wet - no messy paint. I wish they had toys like that when I was a kid! Thanks for your input!
An - SCS member #44271
"I'm a mystery wrapped in a riddle, covered with chocolate sprinkles." - Cookie Monster
my tiny gallery