Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Saltbox Studio sneak peek (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/saltbox-studio-sneak-peek-317320/)

peggysue 01-21-2008 06:06 AM

Saltbox Studio sneak peek

Hi gals! Someone out there knows the answer to this question I'm sure of it!

Cute banner ad for Saltbox Studios and a sneak peek sign up, but when I click on the link to sign up, it opens up in a strange mail program that doesn't work on my computer. Is there an easier way? Thanks!

KatarinaM 01-21-2008 06:09 AM

When I clicked on it I went to their website where there were a couple of links to their blogs, but that was about it. I'm on pins and needles to see this company's stamps, because I love saltbox houses and sheepies. I hope that's what they're gonna be anyway! There aren't many folk-y type stamps out there.

scoopy 01-21-2008 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peggysue (Post 8445466)
Hi gals! Someone out there knows the answer to this question I'm sure of it!

Cute banner ad for Saltbox Studios and a sneak peek sign up, but when I click on the link to sign up, it opens up in a strange mail program that doesn't work on my computer. Is there an easier way? Thanks!

Looks like it is opening an email message for you. So to do the same thing manually, send an email message from your regular mail program to [email protected] and put peek of the week sign up as the subject line.

stargirl 01-21-2008 10:29 AM

Yes, I found the whole thing very confusing. Why the add if there's nothing to see? This doesn't make me anxious to buy all their stamps, it makes me wonder why they would lead me on a wild goose chase.

maryrose 01-21-2008 11:04 AM

Patience, everyone! As someone who's seen the stamps first hand, I can tell you that it's definitely worth the wait!

mary rose

MSBetsyZ 01-21-2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargirl (Post 8449171)
Yes, I found the whole thing very confusing. Why the add if there's nothing to see? This doesn't make me anxious to buy all their stamps, it makes me wonder why they would lead me on a wild goose chase.

:rolleyes: Isn't that what every company has been doing since Nichole's first "teaser" ads when she wasn't even open yet? It was a wildly successful
campaign style that's been copied ad nauseum...

JulieHRR 01-21-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarinaM (Post 8445508)
When I clicked on it I went to their website where there were a couple of links to their blogs, but that was about it. I'm on pins and needles to see this company's stamps, because I love saltbox houses and sheepies. I hope that's what they're gonna be anyway! There aren't many folk-y type stamps out there.

I like sheep, and folk art immensely, too! ;)

stamper-c 01-21-2008 11:31 AM

I can't wait to see what they have to offer - our own atomicbuterfly is part of their team and she has a blog!! Can you tell I'm a fan?! lol
Love the style...very New Englandy...hey, that's where I live maybe thats why it attracted me!!! can't wait to see more!

peggysue 01-21-2008 11:45 AM

There was a sample card on the landing page that had a very cute image on it . . . I'm looking forward to seeing more! :D

JulieHRR 01-21-2008 11:53 AM

If you're interested in seeing more samples before the official unveiling, check out the company's designer blogs:

http://www.thesaltboxstudio.com/thes...lcomepage.html

Cute stuff!

maryrose 01-21-2008 01:33 PM

Confession time: ahem, ahem. I'm also a design team member for The Saltbox Studio! ;)

I wish I could blab and show you the whole line (tapping toes, waiting impatiently for the unveiling this week!), but here's a sneak peek if you're interested:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=34794

I'm a shameless self-promoter, so check my blog for more info, too. Of course, you've gotta see all the blogs because the talent behind this new line is AMAZING!

stargirl 01-21-2008 02:55 PM

Alright, Mary Rose, it's cute, I'll grant you that! Do they have pigs, too? Show me the pigs!

peggysue 01-21-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamper-c (Post 8449978)
I can't wait to see what they have to offer - our own atomicbuterfly is part of their team and she has a blog!! Can you tell I'm a fan?! lol
Love the style...very New Englandy...hey, that's where I live maybe thats why it attracted me!!! can't wait to see more!

Wish I had thought of a cool sign in name when I joined SCS like atomicbutterfly . . .peggysue is so boring . . . maybe it would have made me a better stamper too. :)

palval77 01-21-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ (Post 8449784)
:rolleyes: Isn't that what every company has been doing since Nichole's first "teaser" ads when she wasn't even open yet? It was a wildly successful
campaign style that's been copied ad nauseum...

:confused: Hmph!?

atomicbutterfly 01-26-2008 06:32 PM

Well...I just stumbled across this thread and let me just say * blushing* ...Thank you! I am thrilled to have been asked to be part of The Saltbox Studio design team! The images are *SO* much fun to work with! I didn't come prepared with any links, but if you follow the link through my blog you will be able to find The Saltbox Studio and now you can BUY these fabulous stamps! I know you will fall in love with them like I have. Also, I have been posting new samples on my blog. Again, thank you for your kind words! You guys are the best! I also feel bad that some of you felt you were on a wild goose chase. Please, follow the links through my blog and you will arrive there safely! LOL!