Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   :sad: Dirty Dozen...Dont they open up the gallery once..?? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/sad-dirty-dozen-dont-they-open-up-gallery-once-271564/)

Shivani 07-23-2007 07:30 PM

:sad: Dirty Dozen...Dont they open up the gallery once..??

Hi Everyone..!!

Thought of asking if Dirty Dozen open up their gallery once in a month for those ones who are not members or subscribed for the fan club/Dirty Dozen...??

I'am in India..taking in a subscription of Dirty Dozen is very expensive for me..!!
And reading so much about them...make me feel jealous..coz I cant afford it..I juz bought so much stuff...over my budget from Frugalitis...

Now I'am totally bankcrupt..How I wish..they open up gallery only once a month..& I culd watch their creations...!!

There is so much abt it...what abt the challenges starting on Wed...is it only for the members of fan club..not for other..:( :( :(

myhappyplace 07-23-2007 07:33 PM

If they opened it up for everyone, what would be the point in joining?

I believe it was opened once for an anniversary but I'm not sure.

It costs a lot less than many craft supplies I have purchased and is a great way to support a site that we all use so much.

lesliespringer 07-23-2007 07:35 PM

I think the DD gallery has a 6 month subscription. Maybe that is little more affordable for you. Go check it out. And yes the challenges that are coming up are for members only. It is the DD gallery 3rd year Anniversary. Hope this info helped you out.

Shivani 07-23-2007 07:40 PM

How I wish I could take that subscription...
I know...It is less than that craft supplies...but I needed sumthing to create those lovely crads..And I dont get all that stuff in India...!!

I totally agree its a gr88 way to support the site..!!

SHivani
Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplace (Post 6612834)
If they opened it up for everyone, what would be the point in joining?

I believe it was opened once for an anniversary but I'm not sure.

It costs a lot less than many craft supplies I have purchased and is a great way to support a site that we all use so much.

Shivani 07-23-2007 07:41 PM

Tell me is it open once on anniversary...wen?? wen?? wen???...:D ..
I'll be one happy girl..

CardFanatic 07-23-2007 07:50 PM

I've never known it to be open to non-fan club members. It's a perk for members so it wouldn't make sense. Maybe you could save up for a 6 month subscription.

Jeanne S 07-23-2007 07:54 PM

The month I came into the Dirty Dozen (last June or July) they had a special reunion gallery for Dirty Dozen Alumni that was open to everyone. The Dirty Dozen gallery is for members only.

$25 a YEAR is just a hair over $2 a month. No better deal out there.

Shivani 07-23-2007 07:57 PM

I know...I need to save a lot...
Guys...me an Indian...need to convert the whole in rupees..!!
Will take sumtime to take this subscription..!!

Shivani 07-23-2007 08:06 PM

Bump

Shivani 07-23-2007 08:17 PM

bump...I cant wait 2 see it either..tell me can we pay by credit card..how much time it takes to start..I mean..after paying wen can I start seeing those lovely cretaions..???

steubner 07-23-2007 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivani (Post 6613228)
bump...I cant wait 2 see it either..tell me can we pay by credit card..how much time it takes to start..I mean..after paying wen can I start seeing those lovely cretaions..???

Yes, and I got access immediately!

steubner 07-23-2007 08:22 PM

To me, all that this site and its resources have taught me have been worth way more than $2 a month...the Dirty Dozen Gallery is just an extra perk!

Shivani 07-23-2007 08:23 PM

Oh God..how I wish hard n hard..I culd buy this subscription..my husband will kill me...I'am sure..:oops:

Shivani 07-23-2007 08:25 PM

Now u making me feel greedy...God..:roll:

steubner 07-23-2007 08:28 PM

Don't feel bad! It took me a good 6 months before I joined, I just shared the reason I did. Not the DD Gallery, although amazing, or the Instant Uploads (love love love that!), but to support the site I get sooooo much from. I just don't want it to go away!

steubner 07-23-2007 08:28 PM

Just save up $5 a month and do it when you can!

Shivani 07-23-2007 08:29 PM

Tell me if I use credit card..then also..I 'll get instant activation..??

Shivani 07-23-2007 08:30 PM

If I use my credit crad..then also I'll get instant activation..??

steubner 07-23-2007 08:33 PM

I used paypal, and once I logged back in, I could see it! Don't know about CC. You could PM a mod and ask!

Shivani 07-23-2007 08:34 PM

Mod..??
U mean any member of Dirty Dozen..??

steubner 07-23-2007 08:38 PM

Nope! One of these fine gals:
Jeanne S, camsmom, TexasGrammy, Jovi, craftdoc, avonlea, stamp_momma

(if you go to the forum and scroll down to the bottom, all the way to the right you'll see Moderators, and then a list underneath) HTH!

Shivani 07-23-2007 08:39 PM

Thanx a ton..I'll just do that..!!

denidill 07-23-2007 08:43 PM

She means you could send a private message to a moderator. Go to the bottom of the page and you will see "e-mail" us. They can tell you how you can pay. If you can pay by credit card (not sure you can) you would get instant access. I did not join the fan club until at least 6 months. Don't worry about it. It will always be there...all the different galleries and when you have finally saved enough, then you can look through years of gallery pictures.

Shivani 07-23-2007 08:45 PM

I guess I better wait..coz it wuld be dam expensive 4 me..!!

Shivani 07-23-2007 08:45 PM

For the time being..I need to happy seeing all those comments abt the gallery..!!

Shivani 07-23-2007 09:19 PM

bump

Shivani 07-23-2007 09:54 PM

BUMP

palval77 07-23-2007 09:57 PM

I just got another subscription. Well worth the moolah. I'm embarrassed it took me sooo long to renew my subscription.

LoriJ 07-24-2007 01:26 AM

Money is always an issue, but supporting SCS through a subscription is money very well spent. It's truly amazing that this site has remained free, but continues to upgrade and expand. I would guess that here is a tremendous amount of time and money that must be expended to maintain this site. SCS has supported us by providing this free service for years, so I am very happy to show my support by subscribing to the fan club. And, the benefits of being a member are FANTASTIC!

I encourage anyone that's on the fence about joining to take the plunge so you can join in the fun that starts tomorrow!

Shivani 07-24-2007 02:25 AM

bump...

Dianne Henry 07-24-2007 02:44 AM

I think this time of year is hard on all of us with the new catty out and everything is always going up.But I also know if it were not for SCS I would have no way of ever meeting all the wonderful people I have meet here and all the money and time I have saved from this web site .So with that being said I am going to make that next step and join ,how could I go wrong.I look forward everday just to talk to people on here and always up to date news.Thank you for bring this to my attenion.Like I said it is hard on all of us but at the end of the day what would I do if I did not have SCS to turn to?
Please let us all do our part if you can and support this site.
Di

Shivani 07-24-2007 05:05 AM

bump

jbalcer 07-24-2007 05:18 AM

Shivani,
Hi, there! :) Looks like everyone's given some pretty good answers to your questions! What else did you need to know? :D

wagleg 07-24-2007 06:17 AM

Hey ladies when Shivani says it's expensive, it really is.
With the current rate of exchange our $25 is $1004.00 in India.
$5 a month wouldn't get her to the fan club for years!!

stampngokaren 07-24-2007 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wagleg (Post 6616294)
Hey ladies when Shivani says it's expensive, it really is.
With the current rate of exchange our $25 is $1004.00 in India.
$5 a month wouldn't get her to the fan club for years!!

WOW!! That is a lot of money!!

stamping_jen 07-24-2007 06:33 AM

Yes it is a lot of money. But she does have family here in the U.S. and could ask for it as a birthday or some holiday gift. It would only be $25.00 for them and it would make a fantastic gift. She was able to buy from frugalities and have it shipped to her family so where there is the will there is always a way. Yes DD is AWESOME!!! But, so are the examples from the thousands of great artists here who are not in the dd. In addition to beautiful samples from so many companies, we get incredible techniques show to us all step by step along with pictures. We get to develop friendships, have avenues to save money by doing image swaps or buying/selling in b/s/t... I could go on and on about the wonderful things here that are totally free. I do pay for the DD but it is 99% to say thank you to the developers of this site and 1% to see the images because I see 1000s of awesome samples here for free everyday.

*brailler* 07-24-2007 06:34 AM

Is there any way we could help her?

inego 07-24-2007 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *brailler* (Post 6616462)
Is there any way we could help her?

I'm pretty sure thats why she keeps bumping this up....

myhappyplace 07-24-2007 06:37 AM

wow, that's something with the exchange rate, does that mean she paid the same exchange rate for the frugalities order and the copic markers?

Good thing she could at least get all her goodies shipped to her family here, can't imagine what shipping to her could have cost.

DLS881 07-24-2007 06:44 AM

You might not be able to afford the DD gallery so why not take full advantage of all the other members galleries that are free. I'm sure there are plenty who are just as talented and creative who aren't part of DD - not taking anything away from the DD :).