Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Retired Stamp sets.... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/retired-stamp-sets-540376/)

pwnmom 10-19-2011 04:27 AM

Retired Stamp sets....

I have some SU! stamps that I am wanting to sell because I just don't use them. What is the best way to find out if they are retired?

Thanks for the help!

Minders 10-19-2011 05:20 AM

If they are not in the catalog they are retired. If you are not a demo you can sell whatever you want current or retired.

pwnmom 10-19-2011 05:27 AM

Is there a place that lists when they retired or is that not important to people? I never have tried to sell stamps that I already owned. I am a demo and I have NO idea why I didn't think to look in the catalog (duh). rofl. I am only a hobby demo though and have only been doing this a year. Thanks for your help! :)

Minders 10-19-2011 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwnmom (Post 18838196)
Is there a place that lists when they retired or is that not important to people? I never have tried to sell stamps that I already owned. I am a demo and I have NO idea why I didn't think to look in the catalog (duh). rofl. I am only a hobby demo though and have only been doing this a year. Thanks for your help! :)

There is no list as far as I'm aware of. Most of the current sets in the catalog have a star by them in the gallery here but it's not 100% correct. You can always list them here and I can probably tell you off hand.

Mini sets are not considered retired from one year from release so you can sell off sets from last year's holiday mini but not the occasions mini yet.

mamaxsix 10-19-2011 05:47 AM

The SU gallery here usually notes when the sets retire.

Phantom 10-19-2011 06:23 AM

I check the current catalog - forgot all about the mini!! The only reason I check is if I want to post them in the BST forum here. You can sell current SU elsewhere but here on SCS they must be retired.

Usually the kind folks here will let you know, esp if you think it is from a mini and don't have them to check. Many demos know off the top of their head!

I have never found that anyone cares what year they've retired.

Minders 10-19-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 18838362)
I check the current catalog - forgot all about the mini!! The only reason I check is if I want to post them in the BST forum here. You can sell current SU elsewhere but here on SCS they must be retired.

Usually the kind folks here will let you know, esp if you think it is from a mini and don't have them to check. Many demos know off the top of their head!

I have never found that anyone cares what year they've retired.

This is actually incorrect in this instance as the OP is in fact a demo. Demos may NOT sell off current merchandise anywhere, splitcoast or otherwise, even in person. It also does not matter if that demo is a business demo or a hobby demo. We all sign the same agreement. It must be retired to be sold. Customers of course, can do what they wish.

I just don't understand why you'd ever sell anything...I mean we are supposed hoard...er, I mean keep everything, aren't we? :-D

Phantom 10-19-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minders (Post 18838758)
This is actually incorrect in this instance as the OP is in fact a demo. Demos may NOT sell off current merchandise anywhere, splitcoast or otherwise, even in person. It also does not matter if that demo is a business demo or a hobby demo. We all sign the same agreement. It must be retired to be sold. Customers of course, can do what they wish.

I just don't understand why you'd ever sell anything...I mean we are supposed hoard...er, I mean keep everything, aren't we? :-D

I'm sorry Minders. Actually, I wasn't thinking of it from a demo point of view. But also I didn't realize that it was part of the IDA for SU. Ever since I can remember, I know for demos to sell retired sets was frowned upon, but I honestly didn't realize it was written in as part of the agreement. My apologies!

Thanks for the correction :^) .

Minders 10-19-2011 09:06 AM

It's more than fine to sell retired sets. It's the current sets that we can't sell. It can get confusing I know! And again, selling stuff makes me sad, lol! Good thing I'm getting a bigger stamp room;-)

Phantom 10-19-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minders (Post 18838850)
It's more than fine to sell retired sets. It's the current sets that we can't sell. It can get confusing I know! And again, selling stuff makes me sad, lol! Good thing I'm getting a bigger stamp room;-)

LOL!! I just misspoke!! Yes, of course I meant that all along I knew demos were at least discouraged from selling CURRENT :^) . You'd be surprised to know I re-read my posts before and after submitting them!

Minders, I couldn't survive without selling!!! I have gone through a few phases and have very little space. Good for you getting a new room!! The last time I purged and reorganized, I made sure to leave a little space for new stamps. . . but - if I ever get to where I want to go beyond that, something else will have to go!

Minders 10-19-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 18838896)
LOL!! I just misspoke!! Yes, of course I meant that all along I knew demos were at least discouraged from selling CURRENT :^) . You'd be surprised to know I re-read my posts before and after submitting them!

Minders, I couldn't survive without selling!!! I have gone through a few phases and have very little space. Good for you getting a new room!! The last time I purged and reorganized, I made sure to leave a little space for new stamps. . . but - if I ever get to where I want to go beyond that, something else will have to go!

Ah, I gotcha, I should have thought of that but I was reading fast and furiously eating here on my lunch hour so I can get back:-) Just spread out to more rooms when you run out in yours...that's what I did, LOL! Hubby is less than thrilled, hahaha. I do really like the space saving of the clear mount! And I DO get rid of a FEW sets now and then but it takes me a while to part with them and I'm VERY careful about what goes because I have gotten rid of a few and totally regretted it!!!