Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Default Response from CTMH about gummy stamps

I contacted CTMH twice about my Uptown Girls set that turned to a gummy sticky mess. They told me they only consider them defective if they turn gummy within 90 days and both reps told me I am out of luck. I will not be purchasing from them again.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
I contacted CTMH twice about my Uptown Girls set that turned to a gummy sticky mess. They told me they only consider them defective if they turn gummy within 90 days and both reps told me I am out of luck. I will not be purchasing from them again.
Wow, that is a BUMMER. ARe they acrylic? I think I'm stickin to RUBBA.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:23 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Wow, I only have two of their stamp sets. I tend to like mine mounted better. You would think to keep a customer happy they would do something for you.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Stamps that are not covered it they deteriorate on day 91 are not for me.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:29 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I should add that they were stored away from light, heat or anything. They were stored with other brands of clear stamps, which are all completely OK.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

I just bought some, so I hope they don't do the same! It's too bad the customer service isn't better.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:23 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Let me preface this by saying that I'm not defending CTMH because I had a problem with colors not matching (ink pad/cardstock) that they would not replace even though it was within the 90 day time period, so I totally understand your frustration. In fact they recommended to my consultant (after we sent in a sample of the ink and CS) that I leave my stamp pad open for a day or so to remedy the problem - Huh????? I didn't take their advice because I didn't see how a dried out ink pad would solve the problem except for the fact that I would then need a reinker and then possibly it would match the CS. So I agree their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

That said, please don't take offense at my next question because I'm not intending it in any negative way toward you. I'm just trying to determine if this might be a possible cause of the gumminess. Is it possible that you unknowingly cleaned them with a product that might have caused them to turn gummy? I'm asking because I noticed that different brands of clear stamps I have bought in stores have different cleaning directions as to which products to use on them. In fact a clear Stampendous set I bought recommended cleaning them with either soap and water or alcohol. I was surprised when I read alcohol because I always thought that was a big NO NO for stamps. It also says not to use acetone (I understand this), bleach (huh? - so no stamping with bleach evidently) or oil based cleaners.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

They were only used 3 times. In every case, nothing but alcohol free baby wipes were used on them. No offense taken
Old 03-01-2007, 05:06 PM   #9  
Glitter Guru

big bummer - so sorry this happened and that their customer service didn't provide service to you!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

I also only used SU ink on the stamps. Nothing of a permanent nature that could cause a reaction.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
They were only used 3 times. In every case, nothing but alcohol free baby wipes were used on them. No offense taken
Well, that shouldn't have caused it, then. Sounds like a bad batch. Did they even ask for you to send one to them? Seems like they should have so they could determine what caused the problem which sounds to me like a bad batch, but then you see how far that got me with my problem. I can't believe that they wouldn't send me a new stamp pad (which would have cost them less than $5) and would rather risk losing a customer. In fact, not only did my consultant speak to them, but I also wrote a letter with a sample attached hoping that a personal inquiry might get a better response, but they responded that it wasn't supposed to be an exact match, but rather it was supposed to coordinate. Well to me a reddish purple and a bluish purple don't coordinate - they are 2 different colors so what's the point of giving them the same color name? I sold all my CTMH ink pads and now use Palette and SU Craft pads.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

I feel the same way. If they had fixed it and the new stamps stayed great for the long haul I would be recommending them to others. I do like some of their designs. I have gotten about 20 friends into the stamping hobby and have influenced where they buy stamps. CTMH is short sighted with their policies. Since I posted this I have heard from a number of people who have felt like CTMH customer service is a brick wall. If they won't stand behind products, it tells me a lot about the integrity of the company.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #13  
Kookie Creator

I guess CTMH is about to learn a hard (& costly lesson) - they apparently have no clue about how fast news spreads through these sites or how much influence our opinions hold with each other. I'm sure this will become visible on other stamping/craft sites.
I've don't have any CTMH stuff simply because I found their catalog to use & didn't like that the images are not full size. Definitely won't be buying now.
As my little old cuzin' would say TOO BAD, SO SAD!
Old 03-02-2007, 05:34 AM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

I am planning to try to deal with the company one more time. Since I have heard from a number of people about this issue, I would like to press the issue with them.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:42 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

You should also send them a link to Splitcoaststampers with am mention about how many members there are AND a link directly to this post. If they think they are dealing with just ONE customer, that's one thing... but to know that there are several other current and perhaps potential customers reading about this, that might make them want to reconsider their 90-day guarantee. That is just ridiculous. I could see if you used the stamps to do a bleach-type of stamping or some other harsh chemical, but since you've followed the proper care of the stamps and they have done this, I would think the company would stand behind their product. Good to know though, guess I won't ever buy any of their stamps again.

Kimberly
Old 03-02-2007, 05:43 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Grrrrr... I hate it when I moosh letters together... "a mention"... That happens when I type too fast because I'm trying to get the thoughts out of my head and into a post before I forget. LOL

Kimberly
Old 03-02-2007, 05:45 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

By the way, I meant that if the company as a whole thinks they are just blowing off one customer.. not that it is right to treat any customer this way.

Kimberly
Old 03-02-2007, 05:51 AM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

I will do that. More than the stamp issue is the companies responses (2) that have me bothered. Thanks for the idea.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:01 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

That is just not right for them to refuse to replace defective stamps. You did nothing to cause the problem and it was obviously a bad batch. I sure wouldn't want to buy stamps from them if there was a chance of getting a set from a bad batch and then not being able to get them replaced.