In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2007, 08:07 PM   #41  
Kookie Creator
 
BasketOHearts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 613
Default

There are good things about wood mount, clear, and unmounted. The main drawback to wood mount is the space it takes up. I buy the clear stamps because they store so easily.

I think the important thing to remember is different people will like different stamp styles. I don't think either is better, they are just different. If I like the images, I will probably buy a stamp set regardless - but I only buy wood mounted stamps I absolutely must have due to space constraints.

I am not sure if wood or acrylic is better for the planet. Personally, I think the whole idea of rubber stampin' and papercrafting is probably not a very eco-friendly hobby. I just try not to think about it and only buy what I really want.
BasketOHearts is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:13 PM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor
 
mommaladystamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Newburgh, IN
Posts: 132
Default

I thought these threads were for people to express their opinion about stamping and ideas that they have. I have made suggestions on this site and have gotten chewed up and spit out. Whatever happened to an [I]opinion[I] it is just that. We all have different ideas and not everyone is going to like them, but there is no need for arguing. If you can't speak your opionion on what and how you feel, without having someone jump down your throat or making a smart remark about what you have said, what is the use of having this site in the 1st place.

I thought we were all stampers and enjoyed hearing other peoples ideas. This is where I come to get ideas and they are fabulous.

If people don't like to listen to the arguing, maybe they shouldn't start something and visit another website then all of us can remember what we are on here for.

I've said my peace!!!!

Alice
mommaladystamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:21 PM   #43  
Kookie Creator
 
Iheartstamping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 426
Default

I think the market is currently trending unmounted, or perhaps they are just testing the water. MSE started as wood mounted, then went to both, and with their 10th anniversary catalog is all acrylic. Hero Arts is offering more acrylic, but is still mostly wood. Inkadinkado just started offering acrylic stamps in the new 2007 catalog. I've also notice companies that add stamps to their current line of products offers them in acrylic (Prima, Autumn Leaves (i.e. Rhonna F(?) stamps), Fancy Pants, etc.).

It also seems that the smaller red rubber stamp companies sell mostly unmounted. It probably makes their stamps more desirable to buyers because they are less expensive, thus boosting their sales.

I prefer clear acrylic just because I have a little OCD issue; but, for the most part, I've got no horse in this race, so I don't really care either way. The market will determine whether or not SU goes unmounted, acrylic or stays the way they are.
__________________
If you can't be a good example, be a dire warning.
-River City Rubber Works Stamp
Iheartstamping is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:26 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
TJStamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 21,809
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol Lee
Sorry to offend everyone. Thanks for the fun. I won't be posting anymore.
Carol... please don't feel that way. The frustration is not directed at you. I am certain your post was well intentioned.

I am a SU! Hobby Demo. I think a choice would be just fine. I don't want to see SU! stop offering wood mounted stamps because I love my wood mounted stamps and I really dislike unmounted stamps no matter how cute the design. I am willing to accept the fact that other u/m companies will not offer wood mounted but I can understand if somebody wishes to take action to see if a company will change their policy/way of doing business. So I do think it is apporpriate and productive for consumers like you to send your letters to SU! and share the response here. Unfortunately some people take a thread like this as an opportunity to stir up trouble with inappropriate comments, unsubstantiated comments and "facts" and otherwise inflammatory remarks. There are at least two other threads I know of on this board right now discussing this topic ad nauseam so I think it has become the proverbial "thorn in the side" for some.

Again, please don't feel this is a "bad" community ... it's really not. And it IS ok to have different views and I believe your post was in the true spirit of SCS and that the bitterness over the topic was not personally directed at you.
__________________
~TJ~
TJStamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:27 PM   #45  
Die Cut Diva
 
housefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,451
Default

I agree that time will tell if SU is doing the right thing or not.
housefan is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:03 PM   #46  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host
 
TexasGrammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Posts: 42,003
Default

There are always at least two sides to the perverbial 'will they' or 'won't they' questions. It's fine to have different opinions. The OP was simply stating hers. The thread was not intended for a heated debate. Hopefully, the participants in the rest of this discussion will be able to acknowledge that we all have slightly different viewpoints, and accept that fact without argumentative implications.
__________________
TexasGrammy** Bev Gerard
blog: Texas Rubber & Ink!
TexasGrammy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:05 PM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Laurie FW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Posts: 6,676
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol Lee
Sorry to offend everyone. Thanks for the fun. I won't be posting anymore.
Carol,

Please, please don't leave!! I thought you did a terrific job sharing your letter and I think more people should be just like you! Thanks so much for taking the time to post the response here, a lot of us do care!

I have mainly SU wood mounted stamps with one alphabet acrylix set that I am afraid to use (I am sure I will loose the D or E), but I also care very much for the environment and I wish SU would offer the option of people purchasing the rubber without the wood blocks! Some day I might want to move to unmounted and I just think an option would be good for everyone. Just because I don't happen to have many unmounted sets right now doesn't mean that I don't support the idea, it's a terrific one!

Post away and don't let someone run you off of here, okay?
__________________
IIII*IIII*IIII*IIII*IIII*IIII*IIII*IIII*IIII*IIII* IIII*IIII*IIII*
Take only photographs, leave only footprints.
Laurie FW is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:47 PM   #48  
Mad Swapper
 
sandilotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In my own little world of stamps, ink and paper
Posts: 1,777
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
You haven't been in stamp stores lately? The walls are filled with unmounted and many stores have discontinued wood altogether. It is a trend, not a couple dozen just talking here.
Here in northern CA, you will find a majority of would mounted stamps in any stamp store worthy of being called a stamp store. One of my good friends was looking to purchase a local stamp store and did a lot of research at the competitive stores. The store owners told her that their customers preferred wood mounted over unmounted.
sandilotter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:57 PM   #49  
Mad Swapper
 
sandilotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In my own little world of stamps, ink and paper
Posts: 1,777
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by BasketOHearts
There are good things about wood mount, clear, and unmounted. The main drawback to wood mount is the space it takes up. I buy the clear stamps because they store so easily.

I think the important thing to remember is different people will like different stamp styles. I don't think either is better, they are just different. If I like the images, I will probably buy a stamp set regardless - but I only buy wood mounted stamps I absolutely must have due to space constraints.

I am not sure if wood or acrylic is better for the planet. Personally, I think the whole idea of rubber stampin' and papercrafting is probably not a very eco-friendly hobby. I just try not to think about it and only buy what I really want.

Wood is renewable and biodegradable. Acrylic (polymethyl methacrylate) is a petroleum-based product, which is not considered to be renewable and takes a hecka long time to degrade. I'll stick with wood.
sandilotter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:54 AM   #50  
Gabfest Goddess
 
CknODaC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Oh that poor carrot! It's been fondue'd!
Posts: 7,850
Default

Hmmm, the two stamp stores I frequent have very little by way of unmounted stamps... in fact, I don't remember seeing ANY at the one I was at just two months ago...

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
You haven't been in stamp stores lately? The walls are filled with unmounted and many stores have discontinued wood altogether. It is a trend, not a couple dozen just talking here.

Why is it so danged hard for all of you to understand that SU already offers your stamps as unmounted?? Don't you pay attention when you get your box? Or does your demo mount them before she delivers them?

So what if it comes with all of the stuff TO mount them. YOU have the option to mount or not. Many companies DON'T EVEN GIVE THAT OPTION! I bought 4 Bellas, but won't be buying more because there isn't a mounted option, nor does she offer the wood blocks TO mount them or even the easy mount/foam for them.... For the price of those 4 Bellas I could have had a full set of SU stamps that coordinate WITH THE MOUNTING STUFF. I had to buy different stamps to go with my Bellas JUST to have something to use with them....

Put the wood on eBay, someone will buy it!
CknODaC is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:57 AM   #51  
Gabfest Goddess
 
CknODaC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Oh that poor carrot! It's been fondue'd!
Posts: 7,850
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
I agree that time will tell if SU is doing the right thing or not.
The right thing for you or the right thing for the company and the majority of it's customers?
CknODaC is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 05:56 AM   #52  
Stampin' Fool
 
scrappin31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,280
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandilotter
Here in northern CA, you will find a majority of would mounted stamps in any stamp store worthy of being called a stamp store. One of my good friends was looking to purchase a local stamp store and did a lot of research at the competitive stores. The store owners told her that their customers preferred wood mounted over unmounted.
Exactly! I was just in Impress (pretty major chain here) last weekend and it's wall to wall wood mounted stamps! Maybe one little, itty bitty section for the acrylics but I honestly didn't even see any unmounted rubber for sale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
You haven't been in stamp stores lately? The walls are filled with unmounted and many stores have discontinued wood altogether. It is a trend, not a couple dozen just talking here.
Anyway, I don't get why stamp stores were even brought up because I thought this whole thing was about what SU will or won't do not what the stand alone stamp stores are doing
__________________
See my little gallery!
scrappin31 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 05:57 AM   #53  
Die Cut Diva
 
housefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,451
Default

We are talking about OPTIONS. Giving people OPTIONS and not taking anyone's dearly beloved wood away from them.
housefan is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:01 AM   #54  
Pearl-ExPert
 
frankie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,424
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
I agree that time will tell if SU is doing the right thing or not.
They currently ARE doing the right thing for them AND their market. Ever consider the fact that all the unmounted fans who refuse to *pay* for the wood block aren't considered to be SU's market?

If it's such a huge bother and irritation to pay for those wood blocks, it really seems to me that the best thing to do is to take your $$ elsewhere to the companies that do business the way you demand it to be done. 'Nuff said!
frankie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:02 AM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert
 
frankie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,424
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
We are talking about OPTIONS. Giving people OPTIONS and not taking anyone's dearly beloved wood away from them.
Well, if you're REALLY talking options, you ALREADY have the option to mount your stamps on wood blocks or not -- SU already gives you that option.

Seems to me you're not really talking about options at all!
frankie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:12 AM   #56  
Rubber Obsessor
 
mom2kaynky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 320
Default

Use your stamps unmounted, sell your wood blocks, and recoup some $$. Someone will want them

Deb
mom2kaynky is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:12 AM   #57  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host
 
TexasGrammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Posts: 42,003
Default

Ladies, let's bring this topic back to an amiable discussion, please. There is no need to repeatedly reiterate anyone's viewpoint with negative tones.
__________________
TexasGrammy** Bev Gerard
blog: Texas Rubber & Ink!
TexasGrammy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:35 AM   #58  
Die Cut Diva
 
myhappyplace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: doing laundry
Posts: 3,229
Default

I know the OP didn't intend to start drama, unfortunately, dot2dot, er...xochita, er...housefan just likes to pop into every thread that is any way related to SU and do nothing but post negative comments and/or imply that if you don't see things her way you're wrong or not getting it or stupid or whatever.

I understand for the mods it must be a huge pain in the you know what to deal with a bunch of irritated women but it's also a big frustration for us to see someone joining with different user names for no other purpose than to disagree and be negative. I'm sorry that you're job has become so difficult because of this and I just want to say again (and as I did in a PM to someone) that my posts and I'm sure most of the other posts were not directed at the OP in any way.
myhappyplace is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:35 AM   #59  
Die Cut Diva
 
housefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,451
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankie
They currently ARE doing the right thing for them AND their market. Ever consider the fact that all the unmounted fans who refuse to *pay* for the wood block aren't considered to be SU's market?

If it's such a huge bother and irritation to pay for those wood blocks, it really seems to me that the best thing to do is to take your $$ elsewhere to the companies that do business the way you demand it to be done. 'Nuff said!
Are you a demo?
housefan is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:36 AM   #60  
Die Cut Diva
 
housefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,451
Default

Hit submit too soon. One of my demos is totally UM too. Not all who want SU images want the wood. I just cannot understand why that last sentence is so inciteful to some.
housefan is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:37 AM   #61  
Die Cut Diva
 
housefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,451
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2kaynky
Use your stamps unmounted, sell your wood blocks, and recoup some $$. Someone will want them

Deb
You used to be able to sell them. Now you can barely give them away after spending an hour going to and from the PO and standing in line. I burn mine now. I WISH I could recoup the wasted money and the wasted tree.
housefan is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:43 AM   #62  
Gallery Gazer
 
Mahloumel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 9,573
Default

I'm so glad to see threads on SCS filled with constructive, thoughtful, respectful posts. These kinds of threads make a great impression on newer SCS members and speak well for the community that Daven and the other SCS Team Members have put so much effort into developing and maintaining. Personal thanks to the SCS members who've gone to the effort of making such posts in this thread!

Thanks also to everyone who offered the advice to not mount my SU stamps on wood if I don't want to, or, if I don't want to get wood blocks at all, to not buy SU. I actually already have my small selection of SU stamps UM, and also haven't purchased any new SU stamp sets for over a year now because of my personal convictions about the wood blocks. My personal choice is that a half dozen acrylic blocks which I will use throughout my stamping career has a much smaller impact on the environment than the five hundred wood blocks I might have if I used WM stamps, or conversely would get rid of if I bought stamps from SU. I love SU's images a LOT (lot lot lot!) but am not buying them because of all the moral issues I have with the wood blocks (being wasteful, having to buy stuff I won't use, etc.). I really wish I could buy all the SU stamp sets I wanted to! My personal convictions have put a big damper on that, though, and it is nice to find and talk with other folks who've made some of the same choices as I have on SCS.

The folks who are comparing UMing WM stamps to WMing UM stamps aren't making a very accurate comparison imho, as when you WM UM stamps, you don't actually have to throw away stuff you won't use, or buy anything you wouldn't have purchased with a set from SU anyways.

Carol Lee, thank you so much for starting this thread about your efforts to communicate with SU, and sharing the response they gave. In most of the threads I follow on the stamping side of SCS, folks who hate the topic or are tired of talking about it will just not read and not post -- I hope you will not be hesitant to start more threads in the future just because of the mixed experience you had here!

Cheers and happy stamping, everyone! Bet you can't tell which cards in the gallery were stamped using WM, and which were stamped using UM! "LOL"
__________________
Melanie
Mahloumel is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:47 AM   #63  
Die Cut Diva
 
housefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,451
Default

LOL, Mel--only 500 wood blocks? I heated our house this year on mine!! You are very articulate and accurately express what many of us feel. Our stamp club discussed this issue at the last meeting and I am sending a copy of your last post on to each of them as we are doing a letter writing campaign to SU call "Can You Hear Us?"
housefan is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:51 AM   #64  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
GWTW Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: nowhere near the red earth of Tara
Posts: 18,805
Default

Ok... A lot has happened since I posted early in this thread. I do apologize for what apparently appeared to some as me taking out my frustration on the over-saturation of this topic on a particular person. That was not my intention at all.

I'm simply tired of SU-and wood-mounted-lovers-bashing which seems to be a few posters' full-time job around here. It's not even subtle anymore.

Honestly, no one is forcing any of us to buy ANYTHING. If I have a problem with a company's product, I don't purchase from them. It's not rocket science. I don't mount letter-writing campaigns, repeatedly negatively post on-line, etc. I just go elsewhere. If it truly hurts their pocketbook, they'll change.

It is fully within my rights to post on ANY thread on SCS (except the Atheists and Agnostics thread, LOL), just as it is ya'll's right to start any thread you feel like within the TOS. I'm surprised if anyone thought that starting a thread like this would remain all one-sided as to opinion. Surely only the most infrequent of visitors could have missed all the hubbub on this hot topic.

I can handle disagreement. I can even handle the occasional person telling me to MYOB. I'm an adult and these things happen. I'm not upset with any one particular person and I hope no one is judging anyone SOLELY by how they feel on this topic. I'm sure we're all really quite nice people in real life.

I'm done posting on this thread (much to everyone's relief, no doubt!) but I just want to say I am once again amazed that the fabulous, out-of-this-world quality of the artwork at SU, which evidently causes die-hard unmounted fans to go to great lengths to obtain their images, is truly incomparable. Just another reason I "heart" SU!
__________________
Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek, Gold Elite Song of My Heart Stampers 14-time incentive trip earner
GWTW Junkie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:56 AM   #65  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
GWTW Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: nowhere near the red earth of Tara
Posts: 18,805
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplace
Oh, I'm just being a *woman of mystery* again...
LOL!!! You are a hoot.
__________________
Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek, Gold Elite Song of My Heart Stampers 14-time incentive trip earner
GWTW Junkie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:59 AM   #66  
Mad Swapper
 
theresalaird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CT
Posts: 1,785
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychkim
I again continue to be amazed at how people seem to attack anyone who brings up the idea of "unmounted" or making personal suggestions to SU! I would think that anyone who is a demo or supports SU! would also support the people buying the stamps who may just want to express things that they want. Personally...I think that these negative posts in these threads are not very professional and turn people off. It will be interesting to see if SU! will notice a difference in customers with the price increase and not offering the "options" that other companies are starting to offer. This site is full of people's opinions and it is sad when it gets to the point that people appear to attack one another.
WELL SAID!! I couldn't of said it better.
theresalaird is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 07:01 AM   #67  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni
 
JanTInk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Set into the baseboard of your stamping room
Posts: 18,415
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
I'm so glad to see threads on SCS filled with constructive, thoughtful, respectful posts. These kinds of threads make a great impression on newer SCS members and speak well for the community that Daven and the other SCS Team Members have put so much effort into developing and maintaining. Personal thanks to the SCS members who've gone to the effort of making such posts in this thread!

Thanks also to everyone who offered the advice to not mount my SU stamps on wood if I don't want to, or, if I don't want to get wood blocks at all, to not buy SU. I actually already have my small selection of SU stamps UM, and also haven't purchased any new SU stamp sets for over a year now because of my personal convictions about the wood blocks. My personal choice is that a half dozen acrylic blocks which I will use throughout my stamping career has a much smaller impact on the environment than the five hundred wood blocks I might have if I used WM stamps, or conversely would get rid of if I bought stamps from SU. I love SU's images a LOT (lot lot lot!) but am not buying them because of all the moral issues I have with the wood blocks (being wasteful, having to buy stuff I won't use, etc.). I really wish I could buy all the SU stamp sets I wanted to! My personal convictions have put a big damper on that, though, and it is nice to find and talk with other folks who've made some of the same choices as I have on SCS.

The folks who are comparing UMing WM stamps to WMing UM stamps aren't making a very accurate comparison imho, as when you WM UM stamps, you don't actually have to throw away stuff you won't use, or buy anything you wouldn't have purchased with a set from SU anyways.

Carol Lee, thank you so much for starting this thread about your efforts to communicate with SU, and sharing the response they gave. In most of the threads I follow on the stamping side of SCS, folks who hate the topic or are tired of talking about it will just not read and not post -- I hope you will not be hesitant to start more threads in the future just because of the mixed experience you had here!

Cheers and happy stamping, everyone! Bet you can't tell which cards in the gallery were stamped using WM, and which were stamped using UM! "LOL"
I can respect the way you put things, Mel. I respect that you vote with your feet and that you have thought a lot about why you can't support companies that do WM because you don't want to waste the blocks that you don't use.

Personally, I don't think there would be a large problem selling both WM or UM at the same time...how they work it out on the manufacturing end might raise the prices a bit. That concerns me. With prices already going up on everything, it would just be one more thing to deal with.

I have to ask, though, if you feel that strongly about wood mounts, do you not participate in image swaps for SU! images? I mean...I see a lot of people say that they don't want them for space considerations, so they swap images with someone else. But if, for ethical reasons, you don't buy wood mounted stamps, does that mean you won't swap for wood mounted images either? Image swapping is not something I do myself, just wondered how your stance on wood mounts would affect you if you swap images yourself or ever found yourself wanting to. Would your stance against wood blocks still extend to SU! if they offered both? I mean, you wouldn't buy WM, obviously, but would you think SU! was a bad company for even offering wood blocks to others?
__________________
JanTink
Queen of the Vent

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink


JanTInk is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 07:09 AM   #68  
Stampin' Fool
 
SarahY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,711
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
You used to be able to sell them. Now you can barely give them away after spending an hour going to and from the PO and standing in line. I burn mine now. I WISH I could recoup the wasted money and the wasted tree.
Please consider donating to a pre-school or library program. They usually will accept any craft type item.
__________________
SarahY
SarahY is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 07:10 AM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jbalcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central Texas
Posts: 30,079
Default

I don't normally share how I feel about things that happen here at splitcoast. I'm going to go out on a limb here, though, and share a little about my feelings with you guys.

It's frustrating for mods to have to lock threads time and again for the same reason. It's frustrating to deal with "well, SHE did it, so I can, too!" or "mods can't/won't do anything about ____." When I see conversations crumble into fingerpointing and accusations and people chapped because others are sharing their own opinions, it makes me want to rip my hair out!

We want to see these forums be about sharing. Share your tips, your how-tos, your great finds, and yes, share your opinion. Even if it is totally opposite of the masses, it's okay to share it. It's not okay to single out someone just because they have opinions that differ from your own. It's not cool to drag what they've said here and there all over in an attempt to make a point.

Can you help? If you have a concern about something or someone, send a pm to a mod or admin. Report posts using the little [ * ] button. Really, they are looked into. Even when we don't immediately respond, we *are* looking info the issue, and will do something. You may not see results right away, but we DO look into each and every report.

Again, if you have a concern about anything, please feel free to PM me. I may not answer immediately, but I will get back to you.
__________________
Jenn Balcer
My Blog
jbalcer is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:37 PM   #70  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host
 
TexasGrammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Posts: 42,003
Default

Due to the fact that the request for self-moderating in this thread has been disregarded, I am closing this thread from further discussion.
__________________
TexasGrammy** Bev Gerard
blog: Texas Rubber & Ink!
TexasGrammy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Closed Thread





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off