Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Reorganize and clean?? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/reorganize-clean-47591/)

scarlett75 04-30-2005 03:27 PM

Reorganize and clean??

How often do you reorganize and clean your craft/stamp/scrapbook area?

I'm just wondering if everyone is as fickle as I am? I seem to be reorganizing my work space every couple of months. The good news is, I'm getting rid of unnecessary stuff while I reorganize. The bad news is, I seem to buy more "stuff". :)

scrappiemommie 04-30-2005 03:32 PM

omg...I wish I would reorganize and clean! I keep thinking I will...i start and as I "uncover lost treasures" i get sidetracked and play!!! Thus my room gets messier instead of better :(

pepperann 04-30-2005 03:33 PM

I'm a cleanin' whirlwind!

I seem to go through my things once a month a weed out all the scraps and leftovers that, at one point, seemed a good idea to save. In fact, I just went through my stamps and finally decided to put some up on E*ay. I must say, it feels good to have my area clean again! Plus, now I have more room for stamps! (C'mon SU D/C list....where are ya???) ha ha ha.

christyf 04-30-2005 03:36 PM

Yup, I notice I clean about once a month too, just to reorganize what I have and put it in new places, that way later on, I forget where I put what, and I have to dig through everything to find...say my adhesives, or watercolor brushes....or something!! It drives me nuts, but I like the feeling of good neat organization!!!

newtnewt 04-30-2005 03:37 PM

I clean and re-organize when I am spending more time looking for things instead of stamping. Which is what I have spent most of today doing.

scarlett75 04-30-2005 04:32 PM

Christyf... the same thing happens to me. I lose stuff and sit there thinking "I know I bought *that* already!!"

belindaking 04-30-2005 04:33 PM

Someone want to help me reorganize and clean??? My table is so full of clutter that I barely have room to stamp!!! Not to mention all the boxes under and around... Nor very conducive to creativity! LOL!

tinadoran 04-30-2005 04:37 PM

I *try* really hard to clean up after each project. But..........
that doesn't seem to happen much because I stamp late and it's usually
clean up or bed.....
So, i go to sleep.
I clean up about once every1-2 weeks. I reorganize when i realize my current system is no longer working ;)

Granny Hawkins 04-30-2005 04:45 PM

I clean pretty regularly.:( I need a clean spot to start over in each time. While I'm stampin' though it is an entirely different thing. I have stuff everywhere. I just bought 6 of the 3 drawer storage boxes from Walmart so I have been cleaning and putting paper and cardstock in those.

One of the fathers in my daycare builds custom cabinets and now that "Poppa" got his new job I may be able to afford to trade a few weeks of childcare for some shelves and cubby holes.:)

I'm clueless though so I'm just going to show him what I have and the space I have available for storage and let him do his thing! He probably knows more about what I need than I do.

stampysister 04-30-2005 11:02 PM

I HATE CLEANING! But I only have one desk and one shelf. If I don't clean, there is no place to work. So I constantly clean. I have to clean the desk off every single day if I want to do any stamping. I have dreams of a stamp room.

Happy Heart 05-01-2005 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappiemommie
omg...I wish I would reorganize and clean! I keep thinking I will...i start and as I "uncover lost treasures" i get sidetracked and play!!! Thus my room gets messier instead of better :(

LOL!!!
That sounds just like me! I've been on vacation this week, and kept saying that I had to clean up my mess, but all I've done when I go up there is pull out more stuff to play with! The room looks like a real disaster area! I've gotten a lot of cards made, though. It just takes me longer, because I have to hunt for everything!

kraftingkk 05-01-2005 03:38 AM

It seems that I should have plenty of room, but I always feel so crowded when I am stamping/scrapping. I have 2 6 foot counters and 6 shelves to put my stuff on, but I always seem to have them covered in yesterday's project.

I did just pick up a little pocketed organizer (it is really meant for pictures, I think) that I plan to use to organize my scraps and my stamped bits and pieces that I can't bear to part with.

kk

scarlett75 05-01-2005 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins
I clean pretty regularly.:( I need a clean spot to start over in each time. While I'm stampin' though it is an entirely different thing. I have stuff everywhere. I just bought 6 of the 3 drawer storage boxes from Walmart so I have been cleaning and putting paper and cardstock in those.

One of the fathers in my daycare builds custom cabinets and now that "Poppa" got his new job I may be able to afford to trade a few weeks of childcare for some shelves and cubby holes.:)

I'm clueless though so I'm just going to show him what I have and the space I have available for storage and let him do his thing! He probably knows more about what I need than I do.

I would LOVE to have someone build me a custom cabinet. :)