Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Recommendations (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/recommendations-86470/)

QueenInkAlot 09-16-2005 06:00 AM

Recommendations

Morning -

Does anyone have any recommendations on the best or most versatile level 1 hostess set? I'm not crazy about any of them, but have two in mind. I'm wondering what other think.

Thanks!

Tidbits 09-16-2005 06:55 AM

I only like Made from Scratch and Say it Simply in Level 1 and Reverse Prints in Level 2 and Island Blossoms in Level 3.

deshacrafts 09-16-2005 06:56 AM

I am not crazy about them either, but I do find alot of uses for "Small Script". HTH's, Debby

hoosierstamper 09-16-2005 07:04 AM

I think Small Script would be the most versatile.

speanburg4 09-16-2005 07:06 AM

I have Pocketful of Posies and Small Script, and I just ordered Made from Scratch. I like all three, although I haven't used Made from Scratch, because I don't have it yet. Small Script seems to be very versatile. I've used it as a background, stamped over and over, and as a simple sentiment. HTH

Jennifer

QueenInkAlot 09-16-2005 07:30 AM

Thanks

The two I were looking at were simple sentiments and the scratch one. I think I'm going to go with simple sentiments.

Thanks for you input!

laurakj 09-16-2005 07:33 AM

Small Script is the only level 1 that I really liked with Made from Scratch being a close second.

Kerilou 09-16-2005 08:42 AM

I like Small Script, and Made From Scratch. And those are the ones I like the best out of all the levels!

Sabrinasmom 09-16-2005 08:55 AM

Small Script and Made from Scratch are my favorites. I have Small Script and find myself using it A LOT!

HTH

Laurie FW 09-16-2005 09:41 AM

My demo made cards and simple scrapbook pages from Made from Scratch and it sold me on the set! They all turned out terrific and were very easy to do. I also really like the Small Script set as well. In addition, the Simply Scrappin' kit is adorable!!! I will end up trading for or buying all three of these (when the new catty comes out, I hope they are all in it!) since I probably won't get to qualify for them on orders! Good luck deciding!

cindyb 09-16-2005 04:08 PM

Can't say that I was impressed by any of them either, but then earned a leval I. I got Small Script and have used this bunches. It goes great with Heartfelt Thanks set and so many others. I think that when the new catalogue comes out I'm so overwhelmed, it takes me awhile to figure out what I like and what the potential is.

jailbirdstamper 09-16-2005 04:13 PM

I took small script when I recently was a hostess (monthly stamp club).

jdmeeks 09-16-2005 04:48 PM

Small Script is my choice!!!

newstamperamy 09-16-2005 04:53 PM

I love Small Scripts. I had a workshop where I qualified for a level 1 or a level 2 and I even chose Small Scripts out of all the level 1 and 2 sets. I don't regret it for a second!

SammyStamper 09-16-2005 05:56 PM

I also just earned a level 1 and couldn't wait to get my hands on small script. I love Wonderful words and was excited to have a smaller version with different sayings.

lbirus 09-16-2005 07:13 PM

I love my "small script"! Here's a "versitile" way to use it. If you have the level one hostess set from the last catty (Birthday Best) with a cupcake, candle, and flower, you can use the words turned sideways to replace the squiggly lines. Joy with the balloon on top, wish with the cupcake instead of the sqiggles, or the candle flame on top... you get the idea!

momil5000 09-17-2005 03:49 AM

Small script...I love it!

jkstieber 09-17-2005 08:37 AM

I'm probably going to qualify for one hostess set this spring and I'm torn between Made from Scratch and Small Script. I may have to figure out some way to get both.

newmom 09-17-2005 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbirus
I love my "small script"! Here's a "versitile" way to use it. If you have the level one hostess set from the last catty (Birthday Best) with a cupcake, candle, and flower, you can use the words turned sideways to replace the squiggly lines. Joy with the balloon on top, wish with the cupcake instead of the sqiggles, or the candle flame on top... you get the idea!

Great idea! I think I'll try that! Thanks!

Rachel:)