Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   RE: thinking of no longer being a demo.... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/re-thinking-no-longer-being-demo-217587/)

kymi 01-23-2007 05:48 AM

RE: thinking of no longer being a demo....

I may be moving to the non demo side and was wondering - do you still get to see the cards in the gallery? I know you won't get the demo threads anymore but do we still have access to seeing cards? I will miss having access to the demo side but just can't seem to keep up with the minimums. :(

sassyat30 01-23-2007 05:54 AM

Yes, yes YES!! You will still have full access to the gallery...it isn't only for demo's. ;)

kymi 01-23-2007 05:57 AM

THANKS for answering. I'm so EXCITED as I thought I would lose access and I spend a great deal in the gallery. I feel better to about my decision now. I'm so addicted to Splitcoasters.

BrightIdeas 01-23-2007 05:58 AM

You will not have access to the cards made using pre-order sets (until they are for sale to the general public) and the SUB gallery will also be blocked, I believe.

I'm in the same dilemma. I don't forsee making my minimum this quarter, but I hope to hang on at least one more quarter, we'll see.

kymi 01-23-2007 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrightIdeas
You will not have access to the cards made using pre-order sets (until they are for sale to the general public) and the SUB gallery will also be blocked, I believe.

I'm in the same dilemma. I don't forsee making my minimum this quarter, but I hope to hang on at least one more quarter, we'll see.

I was thinking of hanging on for one more quarter too but I am in pending and just can't come up with the extra. I have a ton of stamps and supplies, so will be busy stamping for a long time. LOL!!!

Good Luck w/making your minimums this quarter.

mztamela 01-23-2007 08:49 AM

I'm also in pending and struggling with not having that demo title and all it's benefits. I'm sooo glad to have this site to enjoy though. My upline doesn't do much, maybe once a year, and I've really learned alot here, so maybe I won't really miss it anyway.

mindycm 01-23-2007 05:34 PM

I am not a demo and we can see cards for sets that aren't available yet. It makes me want them all the more!

Chris in Memphis 01-23-2007 06:30 PM

Have you considered selling some cards? Take a box over to your local school and put them in the teachers lounge. Or how about a preschool? I have sold hundreds of dollars worth of cards and little goodies. I am a teacher so that gives me an in but you can try it. The staff will just think you're a mom (if you do not have kids there). Ask the secretary if you can leave an envelope with her to put the money in. Give her a few freebies. You can take the money you earn and use it to buy stuff toward your minimum. It's worth a try!

Laurie FW 01-23-2007 09:08 PM

Non-demos can DEFINATELY see cards made with the new sets, as soon as they get posted, no waiting for them!

Jovi 01-23-2007 09:48 PM

Non demo's do not have access to the SUB Gallery ;)

Arlene Bridges 01-24-2007 11:50 AM

Please explain what SUB means in the sentence SUB GALLERY... a bit lost here...

Judyw 01-24-2007 04:41 PM

I am not a demo but I sell lots of stuff to pay for my craft addiction. Definitely if you have kids in school, selling at the school or a school event is a great idea. Maybe you have neighbors you'd like to know better? Invite them over for stamp camp.

LMstamps 01-24-2007 04:50 PM

I would also like to know what SUB means...as i am thinking seriously about becoming a Demo. :-) LM

Julesiana 01-24-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlene Bridges
Please explain what SUB means in the sentence SUB GALLERY... a bit lost here...

SUB:
Stampin'
Up!
Business

Gallery.

It is mainly for hostess gifts, class ideas, simple cards for stamp-a-stacks, and stuff like that. (no covert or secret agent stamping)

Julia S 01-24-2007 05:10 PM

I just wanted to put in my two cents worth...:) I am not a demo, nor ever have been. This site and its card gallery rocks and there is so much that is available to everyone...it has NEVER been a problem for me that I stay on the non-demo side.