Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Razzelberry (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/razzelberry-528620/)

Paula Anne 05-19-2011 11:58 AM

Razzelberry

Hi everyone. Hope you are well. My demo introduced me to RAZZELBERRY this week and paired it with OLD OLIVE. Well, I have fallen in love. I am dazzled by the Razzleberry.
Unfortunately, I have not purchased my color coach (I am with this order however), but would like to know if someone could tell me what colors work with the Razzleberry. I am HORRIBLE at matching colors. I get them from the color coach, or I find them in the gallery. Putting them together myself is a big mistake.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your time.

Paula

sewsplendidstamper 05-19-2011 12:05 PM

Black, white, the other pinks, vanilla, River Rock, Concord Crush, any of the greens

It's a great color.

Valli 05-19-2011 12:06 PM

Hi, Paula,

The Color Coach lists Razzelberry, Old Olive, and Pumpkin Pie as the Creative Combination. The Getting Started Combo is Razzleberry, Pretty in Pink, and Early Espresso as the Getting Started Combination.

I like to use it also with Daffodil Delight or Melon Mambo.

HTH!

gails 05-19-2011 12:46 PM

I like it with Crumb Cake, too.

Paula Anne 05-19-2011 01:10 PM

You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!

sewsplendidstamper 05-19-2011 01:15 PM

Oh BTW the Razzleberry taffeta ribbon is to. die. for. It's so gorgeous.

ccbooboo 05-19-2011 02:39 PM

Check out the color challenges. The sticky has some nice PDF files that sum them all up. Not only can you see some color combos, but you can look at examples too! Isn't this site great? To find examples, search the gallery with the keyword of that color challenge.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...t-t289109.html

I participated in the CC278: Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Rich Razzleberry and the dessert of grids

CC278 Vintage Butterfly by ccbooboo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Minders 05-19-2011 04:11 PM

Cajun craze actually looks very good with it too. Very good for fall/halloween!

stitchinstampin 05-19-2011 05:38 PM

Melon Mambo is fantastic too!!!!

duranfan 05-19-2011 06:02 PM

Ooh! Hadn't even thought of using old olive with dazzle berry! I love it!

nancystamps 05-20-2011 03:38 AM

If you're not opposed to mixing brands, Razzleberry is gorgeous with Papertrey's Lavender Moon.

stamphappy1650 05-20-2011 03:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I didn't like the format of the new color coach so I made the attached chart. I printed it on heavy cardstock and glued the 2 peices together back to back. Maybe it will of some help for you.

Happy Stamping

pink-princess 05-20-2011 04:03 AM

stamphappy I have just downloaded your chart thanks for that!! ... could you explain how it works as I've never had a colour coach before ...

I don't get what sweet set is and getting started... I am sure I am just being blonde LOL help pretty please?! :)

stamphappy1650 05-20-2011 05:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pink-princess (Post 18331951)
stamphappy I have just downloaded your chart thanks for that!! ... could you explain how it works as I've never had a colour coach before ...

I don't get what sweet set is and getting started... I am sure I am just being blonde LOL help pretty please?! :)

Hey no cuts on yourself - if you've never used a color chart you have to get info somewhere and what better place then here on SCS.

OK - I'll try. I've also attached the SU Color Theory PDF that will help understand colors.

reading column headings left to right

Family - (Regals, Subtles, etc) this is the SU family that the Color belongs to

Color - this is the color you want to use to see what goes with that color

Combo - these are the colors that coordinate with those colors

Sweet Set - another combination of coordinating colors

Getting Started - these are colors for those who have limited supplies or who are just "getting started" with SU colors

Basically you find a color you want to use say Daffodil Delight and then you look on my chart to find the colors on the same row that coordinate with Daffodil Delight.

Dynamic Duos (2-Step Stampin)- this section is so you can stamp your own samples of cordinating light/dark colors for 2-step stamping. I used a 1/2" piece of plain rubber to stamp the coordinating colors as I wanted to see how they would really look .

Sometimes I think that the color chart couldn't possible be right as I would never have tried the colors together but suprisingly, the chart really does work. Please keep in mind that this chart is for SU colors made using the SU color coach but you can use it for an idea of what to use for similar non-SU colors. I've used my chart so much it's getting kind of ratty. Oh one more thing when you print the chart the colors may be off from the actual ink/paper but that is because the colors are calibrated for my printer. All brands of printers are a little different but it still gives you a good idea where to start.

If you have any other questions regarding the chart, let me know.
:)

rosekathleenr 05-20-2011 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
FYI...I posted a card Wed with Razzelberry, very vanilla, certainly celery and used a pattern paper to 'tie' it all together. You can see it here if you would like. Here's a pic of it too.

Blessings!

Kathy

stampsforfun2 05-20-2011 12:57 PM

Stamphappy Thank you so much for the chart and color information. I have printed both out on cardstock and plan on making good use of them.

DianneB1030 05-20-2011 02:03 PM

The name of this thread took me by surprise. My maiden name is Rasmussen, and one of the things I got called growing up was "Razzleberry", lol.:eek:

soliva 05-21-2011 06:08 PM

I just made wedding invitations that used Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, and Razzleberry together. Beautiful!

Valli 05-21-2011 06:39 PM

Stamphappy1650, thanks for sharing your GREAT chart!!!

stamp_cat 05-22-2011 05:52 AM

WOW, thanks for the chart. I saved it and plan on using it... :)

Karen99 05-22-2011 02:54 PM

Just printed this chart out!! THANK YOU so much!!

2CuteCats 05-22-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650 (Post 18331918)
I didn't like the format of the new color coach so I made the attached chart. I printed it on heavy cardstock and glued the 2 peices together back to back. Maybe it will of some help for you.

Happy Stamping

Thanks for posting! I don't usually have problems matching colors, but it always helps to get someone else's perspective! :D

FubsyRuth 05-23-2011 12:58 AM

I love Rich Razzleberry and paired with Old Olive it's just such a lovely combo! I love Razzleberry with Marina Mist too. Here's a card I made using Razzleberry, Olive, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake.

Flower Sparkle: Bloom & Buttons Birthday BRAK Card

I made a card yesterday using just Razzleberry, Marina Mist and white.

Flower Sparkle: Butterfly Window Birthday Wishes Card - Less Is More Challenge

pink-princess 05-23-2011 04:56 AM

thnk you stamp happy ever so much for taking the time to explain this to me!!

I have been a SU customer for over 4 years and never really thought about the color coach... shocking I know!

I'm going to print out your information and give it a go
xx

Paula Anne 05-23-2011 05:37 AM

What a great thread this turned out to be. As always when you come to scs you walk away with way more information that you ever thought you needed. And...at some point it all comes in handy.

Thanks
Paula

ValH 05-23-2011 08:01 AM

Razzleberry goes great with Pale Plum, if you still have any of that left.

Val

duranfan 05-23-2011 08:28 AM

beautiful card, fubsyruth!!! love those colors together! tried using old olive and razzleberry over the weekend- yum! i'll try marina mist with it later today, if i get a chance!

rosekathleenr 05-23-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650 (Post 18332297)
Hey no cuts on yourself - if you've never used a color chart you have to get info somewhere and what better place then here on SCS.

OK - I'll try. I've also attached the SU Color Theory PDF that will help understand colors.

reading column headings left to right

Family - (Regals, Subtles, etc) this is the SU family that the Color belongs to

Color - this is the color you want to use to see what goes with that color

Combo - these are the colors that coordinate with those colors

Sweet Set - another combination of coordinating colors

Getting Started - these are colors for those who have limited supplies or who are just "getting started" with SU colors

Basically you find a color you want to use say Daffodil Delight and then you look on my chart to find the colors on the same row that coordinate with Daffodil Delight.

Dynamic Duos (2-Step Stampin)- this section is so you can stamp your own samples of cordinating light/dark colors for 2-step stamping. I used a 1/2" piece of plain rubber to stamp the coordinating colors as I wanted to see how they would really look .

Sometimes I think that the color chart couldn't possible be right as I would never have tried the colors together but suprisingly, the chart really does work. Please keep in mind that this chart is for SU colors made using the SU color coach but you can use it for an idea of what to use for similar non-SU colors. I've used my chart so much it's getting kind of ratty. Oh one more thing when you print the chart the colors may be off from the actual ink/paper but that is because the colors are calibrated for my printer. All brands of printers are a little different but it still gives you a good idea where to start.

If you have any other questions regarding the chart, let me know.
:)

Thank you for the color coach chart! I can always use more info about matching colors! Thanks for sharing this!

Kathy

smallcity 05-24-2011 02:33 PM

I can't open these files, it tells me i need to download something. Anyone know?

AZShann 05-24-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcity (Post 18349263)
I can't open these files, it tells me i need to download something. Anyone know?

You probably need to download Adobe Reader so you can view pdf documents. It's free.

stamphappy1650 05-24-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZShann (Post 18349407)
You probably need to download Adobe Reader so you can view pdf documents. It's free.

True - here is the link
Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions

dottiejdavis 05-24-2011 04:19 PM

I don't think anybody mentioned paring Razzleberry with a teal...with any brand of ink. I absolutely love teal and try to match it with lots of colors with Razzleberry being one of them.

smallcity 05-25-2011 02:07 PM

Hi,

thanks for the link to adobe, i have been having computer problems and it looks like it was deleted from my computer.

JenMarie 05-25-2011 07:45 PM

Just saw this in the gallery, lovin' it with pear! Aviary by JMunster - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Minders 05-25-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenMarie (Post 18354648)
Just saw this in the gallery, lovin' it with pear! Aviary by JMunster - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Holy crap that's pretty...I'm gonna have to do something with that color combo!!! Thanks for sharing!