Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Rain, Rain, go away.... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/rain-rain-go-away-26283/)

StampAddict 01-27-2005 10:01 AM

Rain, Rain, go away....

Rain, Rain, go away
I want to mount my sets and play! :cry:

I spray sealed the blocks from my starter kit on Tuesday & they're STILL not dry! WAH!! I'm gonna throw a big temper tantrum now, k? LOL

c-me-stampin 01-27-2005 11:05 AM

I have to ask...why did you spray seal your blocks? Is this something I should be doing? I've never heard of this before. What kind of sealer do you use?

StampAddict 01-27-2005 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-me-stampin
I have to ask...why did you spray seal your blocks? Is this something I should be doing? I've never heard of this before. What kind of sealer do you use?

Alot of people seal the part that the rubber goes on so the ink won't stain your wood. I didn't know that till about a year ago, so half of my sets aren't sealed & half are. It's one of those anal retentive things. LOL

c-me-stampin 01-27-2005 12:25 PM

Boy, I sure wish my demo did that. She had a workshop last night and I accidentally dropped one of her stamps on the black pad and stained it. I felt horrible! :oops:

AndyJoe 01-27-2005 12:29 PM

I have never heard of that, so my stamps, a lot of them are stained. What do you use to seal them?
Thanks for the info.

kristabelle 01-27-2005 01:15 PM

My upline also seals them. I've thought about it, but I'm too impatient! I want to use them right away! Good luck with the drying!

Denise Jimenez 01-27-2005 01:22 PM

WELL THEY ARE JUST STAMPS- AND WE DO USE INK ON THEM- WHAT IS ALL THE FUSS ABOUT?

StampAddict 01-27-2005 03:24 PM

I use a clear, glossy, acrylic spray. Like I said, I am just anal about how my stamps look. It's also good for resale. The ones that I didn't seal before using, I have sanded off the ink with a nail file & then used clear nail polish to seal it. That's more of a pain, because you have to be careful around the rubber, but it's worked well.
Once you seal the blocks before mounting, you'll never do it the old way again! Or maybe that's just me. LOL!!!

hamcnally 01-27-2005 03:31 PM

I've never done this - but now I think I'm going to have to start!! I am also anal retentive! :oops: Oh well. I don't plan on reselling stamps - I am also a packrat!! Bad combination! :D

Anyway - at least you have rain - in MA we have had SNOW SNOW SNOW - up to 30 inches this past weekend - then I got 7 more last night - and we are expecting YET ANOTHER storm Tuesday night!! YIKES - I'm not going to be able to see my house soon! :shock:

Happy Stamping!!

11Valerie11 01-27-2005 03:40 PM

Somewhere on this immense site there is a thread about this and that it voids the lifetime warranty ~
I don't seal them, part of the patina of using them. Although I have been know to get out the dremel and sand the really bad stains off.

Just a thought............

Valerie

LizzieStamps 01-27-2005 10:16 PM

Wonder why it voids the warranty?

I seal mine with Minwax Semi-Gloss Polycrylic sealer. I got it at Wal-Mart. The label is Taken with Teal/Tempinting Turquoise and it is on the paint aisle. I paint it on (good for stamps that are already mounted) and it only takes 20 mintes to dry. You can mount your stamps right away, but I usually give it 24 hours to dry, just in case.

mikage99 01-27-2005 10:30 PM

I use a gloss varnish sealer from M's. It's located on the same aisle w/ all the glues. Dries in a few minutes and keeps all the ink off. -t

troublesmom 01-28-2005 03:43 AM

When I first started out, almost 5 years ago, I sealed my sets. I no longer bother. To me it is extra time I can be playing :lol: and the ink is just part of using stamps :wink: