Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-17-2005, 07:07 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retired Sets--may I whine a bit??

Okay, I know, I should have gotten it before it retired, but there is ALWAYS gonna be one more set you should have gotten, but didn't, maybe one you didn't even know existed, cause it was before you even knew SU!...I have been looking for Tractor Time for months now, literally...and MAN is is hard to find....I mean....$75 bucks on Ebay? I guess I just wish that SU! would see that so many people (and there are tons) are looking for a few sets, like the beach/santa one, the dragon one, and the tractor one, and the scouts one, and reissue every once in a while..ya know?? It is just so frustrating...I know they reissued a year ago for their birthday, but why not reissue like one set in every new mini, or once a year even?? Opinions? Thoughts?? Anyone with Tractor Time?? ( :( ) Kerilou
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 07:24 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

I agree...there are lots of retired sets that I WISH I had purchased..and hope that I find them on here or somewhere..My demo talked me out of purchasing both scout sets...and I'm really regretting it now!! She must have been crazy..Her taste and my taste in stamps are very different..I wonder if enough of us...but a bug in SU's ear...maybe they will bring some back????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 07:42 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know what you mean! I found out about Fancy Felines and couldn't believe I'd missed it. I had to have it--how many sets have _realistic_ looking cats? I kept checking eBay and finally got it for $22 (plus shipping). I feel lucky; there's a set on now that was $40 as of yesterday.

Keep trying! You'll get one. And I do agree that it would be nice for a reissue, even if it's for a limited time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 08:00 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

They really do need to figure out some sort of system where sets that are super popular could be sold again. I hadn't even HEARD of SU 3 years ago, let alone bought anything from them! I've seen old catty's and there are some old sets that I would just DIE to have!

I guess the very best approach is to just e-mail SU a lot and tell them which sets we'd like to have available again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 08:06 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Lightbulb Scouting Anniversary

Isn't the Scouting 100th birthday coming up soon? (Too tired to google it) Maybe you could write to SU and have them bring back the scouting ones in honor of that? Just a thought.

Good Luck!
~Melanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 08:13 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree! I am also looking for Tractor Time and I am kicking myself for not getting it when I had the chance....

Maybe you should email your idea to them and see what they think ..... one per mini would be cool - bet they have some of them in the warehouse now that they could offer as a special thing or something every now and then......

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 09:17 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

If you're willing to wait, you will find the sets you want eventually. eBay is a funny thing - I've seen Darling Dragons go for $45 recently, and then I've seen it go for $20 too. People get in a frenzy sometimes and have to have it. I've seen Paint Prints go for quite a bit, and then I've seen it go for $8. Someone will list the sets you want at a reasonable price here on SCS or you won't be in competition with some of the silly bidders on eBay; just have patience. Gay Howe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 09:55 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Totally agree! I want "wild wild west" it just sold for $120.00 on eBay. It only cost $29.99 to start with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 10:22 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gv-copperdog
eBay is a funny thing - People get in a frenzy sometimes and have to have it. Gay Howe
You're right - ebay is a funny thing. Bidders sometimes just get hooked on the whole idea of outbidding the other guy.
I recently started buying shoes on eBay. Never in my wildest imagination --- the brand I like can go for $12 or $125. I stick with the 12 to 20 range.

EBAY HINT: For SU stamp sets that contain a phrase -- like happy trails -- do not go directly to the Stampin Up category. Just start in the general "Stamps" category and do a search for Happy Trails. For sets with animals, search for Cow or Frog or whatever is in the set. There are some sellers who haven't got a clue about SU. They will just describe the items on each stamp.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2005, 05:01 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

okay, girls, I emailed SU and this is what I wrote:

Let me start by saying how much I greatly enjoy and love your products. I came to know Stampin Up! recently, and now I wonder what I ever did without it! I do feel bad, however, when I realize that there is a set of stamps out there, that is made for me, and I cannot have it because it is retired. I recently found a stamp set online, at Split Coast Stampers, called Tractor Time. I thought it would be perfect to do a commemorative album for my dad, chronicling his career as a farmer, and the recent loss of the farm due to fire. You can imagine my dismay when I realized that there is no possible way to get this set, other than paying upwards of $100.00 for it on E-Bay. How depressing! And trying to snag one on the Buy/Sell/Trade Board on Split Coast Stampers is dog eat dog. Of course, I am just as fanatical as the next! I know I am not the only one searching for this set, and I also know there are a few other very sought after sets that people would really love and cannot acquire without putting up their first born child as collateral! I know you re-released a few sets a while back, commemorating your birthday, but have you ever considered re-releasing some sets again? Maybe a set in every mini catalog? I know you would have no trouble selling sets like Tractor Time, along with a few others. Thanks for listening, and giving me the opportunity to make a suggestion. You are an awesome and generous company, and we love you over at Split Coast! Thanks again,

And this is their response::
Dear Keri,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding our Tractor Time stamp set. We apologize that this item is no longer available. At this time, no announcement has been made regarding the re-release of this stamp set. We appreciate the comments that you have shared and have forwarded your suggestion to the correct department for review.

Again, thank you for your e-mail. We hope that you find this information helpful. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us so that we may assist you further.

Geesh...all I want to do is make something really nice for my Daddy..all of our hearts have been broken since the fire. Anyone else email them? Kerilou
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2005, 05:05 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

As a new stamper who covets a few retired sets, I am disappointed when they are so expensive. But the fact that SU retires their stamps is what drives some of the "investment" value of the stamps. As soon as they re-release and we can buy new, the value of the existing sets plummets.

Reply With Quote Likes