Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Location: I live in the land of Downunder. yep you guessed it i live in Australia
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've done it thanks to you lovely ladies

I was given some Japanese paper and needed to get inspired. After some great suggestions from you lovely ladies I found a kimono template. I have modified it a little. Only have one problem, no one can open the card!!! I put the obi around and wanted it to tie at the back to be more authentic. To open the card I slide the obi down, but without instructions no one seems to try that.

I have put it in my gallery, but not sure how I put in a link from here:confused:
Any suggestions
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I just looked at your cards. They are really cute!

About the problem with opening them - people are really clueless about cards. I have trouble with people not being able to open my cards when I do them horizontally. They still try to open them on the side, like a regular card. And then they realize, and turn the card the right way to read it, lol.

You may just have to sacrifice a little authenticity and attach the belt on the front side only, and not try to wrap it around to the back.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2009, 06:43 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Location: I live in the land of Downunder. yep you guessed it i live in Australia

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I just looked at your cards. They are really cute!

About the problem with opening them - people are really clueless about cards. I have trouble with people not being able to open my cards when I do them horizontally. They still try to open them on the side, like a regular card. And then they realize, and turn the card the right way to read it, lol.

You may just have to sacrifice a little authenticity and attach the belt on the front side only, and not try to wrap it around to the back.
Yes I have the same problem with cards that open sideways too. Ah well they get the hang of it in the end. I posted another card and I'm really happy with this one. I've been trying my hand at iris folding as I think japanese paper lends itself to that. I'd love you to take a look. Z
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2009, 07:11 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Maybe you could tie it around the front and the back, i.e, wrap on piece of ribbon around the front and secure it to the inside, then take another piece and tie it around the back of the card, with the knot in the back? Although that does mean there would be a piece a ribbon across the inside of both sides of the card, but at least the person could open it and not have to worry about being able to get the ribbon back on correctly.

Forgot to add that it is a gorgeous card!

Last edited by mtgchic; 06-27-2009 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: I'm forgetful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2009, 07:16 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Default brilliant idea

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchicView Post
Maybe you could tie it around the front and the back, i.e, wrap on piece of ribbon around the front and secure it to the inside, then take another piece and tie it around the back of the card, with the knot in the back? Although that does mean there would be a piece a ribbon across the inside of both sides of the card, but at least the person could open it and not have to worry about being able to get the ribbon back on correctly.

That is a very good suggestion I'm going to make another one tonight. Not worried about the inside as I was going to line it all so the ribbon woukd be hidden Thanks Z
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2009, 09:53 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchicView Post

That's exactly what I was going to suggest, but you beat me to it. I have had to do that to all of my cards since people have tried so hard to open them that they have almost ripped apart the card or torn off an embellishment. Oh no!

Happy stamping days ahead!

Trish in Wisconsin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2009, 02:25 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

LOL, I would have made exactly the same suggestion. Even when I wrote*Open Me* on one of those little folded petals for my niece, my brother said they nearly didn't open it. And he did design, I expect him to be clued in to my fancier cards.
Gorgeous kimono, and I like the iris fold too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2009, 03:01 AM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I made the cutest mother''s day cards that where you had to pull a tag to see a message and just knew none of them would pull the tag so I put a post-it that said pull here. I just hope they took the post-it off once they pulled the tag!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2009, 07:37 AM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Ha, maybe we all need to get the card directions set from clear dollar stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes