Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-29-2007, 05:29 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Default A question for all the "Bella" lovers, do you think you would buy more stamps if...

the processing and shipping were quicker? I realize that they ship out of Canada and although I have placed two orders to date, I sure wish that they arrived sooner. I know that nothing can really be done about the actual shipping time, but the processing time seems acceptionally longgggg to me! I just feel like if I received them quicker, I would buy more...does that make sense? Just knowing that I am probably not going to see them for about three weeks, kinda bums me out. Just sayin'....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-29-2007, 05:34 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

i don't think she has a very big 'staff' to do the shipping!
she does very well with her limited resources- i think! and you know you are gonna get what you paid for (i've heard of some stories with bad on line purchases)
i will continue to purchase bellas because i love the images, the quality is great, emily is great, ok- the wait... not so great but the anticipation is part of the excitement for me!
Old 04-29-2007, 05:42 AM   #3  
Stamping is a Hoot!

Mine had to travel from Canada to Australia and I don't think they took anymore time than any other stamp company I have dealt with in the past - she was likely even quicker than some - Bella's are soooo popular, that is why it takes a while for orders to come through.

I Design for Elizabeth Craft Designs and Karen Burniston
Old 04-29-2007, 06:56 AM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

I think Em's shipping process is fine. The fact that they take longer from Canada does not deter me from buying and does not make me buy less because of it.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:12 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Just wanted to add that my opinion of a "lengthier" process will NOT deter me from purchasing Bella's...I still love them and will continue to buy!! I am currently expecting 7 of the "little pretties", hopefully by the end of this week! I have never been a patient person...unfortunately for me that will probably never change.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:20 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Its sad but true that we in Canada have to wait at least 3 weeks for any thing that comes from the U.S. at any given time. I believe its held up in customs longer than it takes the girls to process it from the stores. Patience is a virtue.
Kathy
Old 04-29-2007, 08:07 AM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Absolutely. I truly do understand why it takes so long, Em is a working mother, with a small staff, she is constanly designing new stamps to keep up with the demand and she ships from Canada. The only way we can get the shipping to be faster is to buy buy buy from her so she can afford to hire more staff.
Really I don't think the shipping is really that much slower than other companies, I think we just get more excited and therefore the wait seems longer.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:33 AM   #8  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

The wait doesn't deter me at all. It usually takes a week to process and ship and a week to get here. No biggie. With other companies that is usually cut in half, but they don't sell bellas! heehee! Every company has their pros and cons, and IMHO the pros WAY out way the long wait.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:40 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

I've been eyeing these stamps for awhile. I wish we could get them as an unmounted sheet of stamps instead of individually. Maybe save a little money that way? They are super cute images, so I'll break down one of these days. LOL I don't mind waiting a few extra days for shipping, so that's not an issue for me.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:41 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

I think Emily's service is great considering that she is a new and small start-up business that was born out of her passion for stamping. She is basically doing all of the order-filling with her family members and a few close friends. I really like to support women who are courageous and bold enough to step out there and risk it all to realize their dreams, and sometimes that involves going through their growning pains with them.

Sometimes she may take up to 7 days to get to your order, and she usually will post that on her blog if she's getting really backed up with orders. I know this can be annoying given so many online vendors are able to ship nearly next day, but in time, I definitely believe Stamping Bellas will grow to be able to do that also. I understand the OP's point, however, and I'm not disagreeing with it... just sharing my viewpoint.

“Any time we can’t solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.” ~Tony Blair
Old 04-29-2007, 09:06 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Check out other sources too -- my LSS sells them -- www.ahappystamper.com and I believe that they are willing to ship.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:23 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

It is a little frustrating, but I understand why. The postal system in Canada just seems REALLY slow. I sent a package of swap cards to a SCS member in Canada priority mail to make sure they would get there by the 5-1 date. Well that was about a week & a half ago & she still has not received them. I should have just saved my extra $7 since they didn't get there in the 2-3 days as promised.

With the bellas that is the only way you can get them so it won't prevent me from ordering. But it does prevent me from doing spur of the monent ordering. Like I had a friend's birthday in a couple weeks & thought a certain bella would be perfect for her, but I didn't order it because I knew 2 weeks would not be enough time to get it to me. So I will just wait & plan larger orders rather than smaller ones when I see a certain bella. Does that make sense?
Old 04-29-2007, 09:36 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

I placed an order for some bellas & a fella last Saturday & just checked the order this morning. It still says pending. Can you give me an idea of how long the wait usually is for these to ship?

I'm just asking in this post because this discussion was on the length of time to get an order of the popular bellas.

Deb
Old 04-29-2007, 10:03 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

I must have lucked out because when I ordered mine (months ago, I'm due for more I think) it was exactly one week from when I placed my order to when I got them here in FL.

I do not mind a longer wait though because I feel it is important to support a small business. And Em is active on the boards so she's a "friend" sorta so that makes me more understanding. (not sure if that's fair but whatever, the girl is sweet so I'm happy to wait)

Gosh I hope that sounded right, I certainly understand being impatient! If all stamp companies could just teleport my stamps to me, preferably to my cabinet in their proper sections, after they stop to dip themselves in ink and index themselves in my book then clean themselves off...

heehee
Old 04-29-2007, 10:33 AM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

Delse, just to give you an idea...my last order was made on April 14th, shipped out on April 24th, I am hoping they will be here by mid-week, my last order was a 9-day shipping time and I live in AZ. This sort of gives you an idea of what to expect. Gotta say, I am like a kid running to the mail box everyday!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:01 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

This was my first order, placed after all the wonderful comments and cards on this forum. I wasn't complaining, as much as wondering when I could get the new goodies in my hands to play.

I am always in a hurry to get new things after I place an order, no matter what company it is. Sometimes it is hard to decide what I want to order & then I want it immediately so I can start working with it.

Deb
Old 04-29-2007, 11:16 AM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess

Yeah, I see both sides. I think it's easy to get spoiled with fast shipping and service, so when one is "regular" speed, it kind of seems worse than it is. I've paid for an Ebay purchase on a Monday and had it on a Thursday, quite often actually.

I can imagine a venture like that is quite time consuming. Maybe bring in another part-timer to handle certain specific tasks to lighten the load? Don't know, just wondering because I have seen this brought up before quite a few times.... try to keep both sides happy!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:18 AM   #18  
Gabfest Goddess

My first order (and current order!) shipped last Monday the 23rd and they're not here yet, but it's fun to hope every day that they will be, then get over that 10 min. of disappointment that they're not and then start looking forward to the next day's mail. I was just hoping they'd get here Sat. so I could play with them. Between work and family obligations, don't think I'll see ANY crafting time now til next Friday night. Darn!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:29 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Bella order

So I placed an order for a couple stamps. Been putting it off but there were too many cute ones in the gallery
Well anyhoo she sent me an e-mail letting me know that she was a little behind and what the ship date would be. Thats the first time I've ever had a business contact me about the delivery. Needless to say I was impressed.
Just my opinion
Kelley
Old 04-29-2007, 12:08 PM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

It does take quite awhile to get your Bellas' but oh my, the wait and anticipation is worth it to me, especially the day I open my 'mail box' and out jump more of my adorable Bellas'......
Old 04-29-2007, 12:18 PM   #21  
Gabfest Goddess

I love Em's product line - shipping cost is reasonable and I don't mind the delay to receive a product that I like so much. Good things are worth waiting for!! Shipping time is not a factor effecting my Bella purchases.

Keep 'em coming EM!! We love them!! MUAH MUAH MUAH!

~CMC
Old 04-29-2007, 12:19 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

maybe i lucked out...i got my order in 5 days..that was a month or so ago....i'm in atlanta
Old 04-29-2007, 01:38 PM   #23  
Crimping Master

I don't think the wait is too long (for me in MA, USA). I seem to get my Bella shipment in the same amount of time as ordering from anywhere else. I think what makes it harder to wait is hearing about everyone's bellas and seeing the cards made with them. Seems to heighten the anticipation and fuels impatience!

Linda
Old 04-29-2007, 04:28 PM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

oh you guys are AWESOME.. I am a crazy consumer too (if you read my blog, you know that I own everything..LOL) and waiting kills me.. I am not a patient person either . Unfortunately, I am alone doing the shipping right now but in the next week or so things will change! new office, friends have committed to work and things should go QUICK QUICK QUICK!
hmph. I no likey to wait and I can imagine how the sistahs feel.. soooo sorrryy but there is a light!!
Emabella-bella who picks and packs orders all the time
Old 04-29-2007, 05:34 PM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmem
oh you guys are AWESOME.. I am a crazy consumer too (if you read my blog, you know that I own everything..LOL) and waiting kills me.. I am not a patient person either . Unfortunately, I am alone doing the shipping right now but in the next week or so things will change! new office, friends have committed to work and things should go QUICK QUICK QUICK!
hmph. I no likey to wait and I can imagine how the sistahs feel.. soooo sorrryy but there is a light!!

Thanks! I just ordered my first one (yipeeeeeee) and appreciated the email regarding the status.

Cori
AKA mailman stalker
Old 04-29-2007, 06:16 PM   #26  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

I'm pretty sure it took about 10 days for me when I've ordered. Not much different than many places I've ordered from.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:20 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

I wish she took Paypal. Emilyyyy if you're out there, could you PLEASE pretty please take Paypal?? I'd love you FOREVABELLA....
Old 04-29-2007, 07:01 PM   #28  
Gabfest Goddess

Emily...

I wish I lived closer... I'd come and help you! It'd be fun packing up stuff and knowing all thejoy you'd be bringing down the line!
Old 04-29-2007, 07:17 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

I forgot that I had a Paypal Debit card for just this occasion! I just ordered my first bellas!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2007, 07:41 PM   #30  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynamom
Emily...

I wish I lived closer... I'd come and help you! It'd be fun packing up stuff and knowing all thejoy you'd be bringing down the line!
trust me that knowing the joy I am giving and the joy you all give me in return is what keeps me going! and going! and going! (you get the pic!)

Em
and you can come over ANY TIME to help
Old 04-29-2007, 09:25 PM   #31  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmem

Hugs. I love the Bellas and that's why I buy them and the fact that it's a woman owned business started from the heart makes me want to support you even more! I see your future and you are just going to get bigger and bigger and we can all say we 'knew' you when! I wish I had the wedding fella and bella for a wedding next week but I just ordered it but am I sad? No not at all, gives me a chance to play with my other bellas and look forward to my envelope from yonder north.

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you’ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Old 04-29-2007, 09:26 PM   #32  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbirdstamper
Hugs. I love the Bellas and that's why I buy them and the fact that it's a woman owned business started from the heart makes me want to support you even more! I see your future and you are just going to get bigger and bigger and we can all say we 'knew' you when! I wish I had the wedding fella and bella for a wedding next week but I just ordered it but am I sad? No not at all, gives me a chance to play with my other bellas and look forward to my envelope from yonder north.

p,s, I think Joann's shipping times are a nightmare and they can hire as much help as they want. They don't have my heart like the Bellas!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you’ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Old 04-29-2007, 09:29 PM   #33  
Polyshrink Goddess

i live in canada and have been waiting a few weeks too, she said she was simply backed up.....oh well, it will be extra special when they get here

MWBS
Mom to 2 girls...love being creative...in everything I do...
DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE......Walt Disney
I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN.....
Old 04-29-2007, 09:45 PM   #34  
Insane Embellisher

living overseas, i'm used to waiting a million years for a lot of things too. my bella's actually made it here pretty quickly, so i must admit i was impressed, especially when i realized they were coming from canada one time i had a package take 3 MONTHS to get here. (something i ordered on ebay) ridiculous, especially considering that the person had shipped it within two days of me buying it. sometimes that's the horror of the post office. generally they aren't too bad though.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:21 AM   #35  
Kookie Creator

I'm okay with the wait. It just makes you that much more excited when they do arrive! I'm too busy with school and work right now that I can't even stamp with them when they do show up... how sad... My load will lighten in a couple of weeks (quitting my full-time job, woohoo!) and I plan on doing mucho stamping!

My Gallery...

Dear Lord, Please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.
(One of my favorite sentiments from River City Rubber Works!)
Old 04-30-2007, 05:48 AM   #36  
Rubber Obsessor

I hear alot of people talking about LSS. What is this? Do they have an online store?

Any help would be appeciated.

Thanks,

Alice
Old 04-30-2007, 05:54 AM   #37  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommaladystamper
I hear alot of people talking about LSS. What is this? Do they have an online store?

Any help would be appeciated.

Thanks,

Alice
LSS = Local Scrapbooking Store!
Old 04-30-2007, 06:35 AM   #38  
Rubber Obsessor

TY
Old 04-30-2007, 07:01 AM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh and also the communication helps tons. I am willing to wait a LONG time for stamps if I KNOW they have my order and are working on getting to me. The worst is when you hear nothing because you wonder, "did they get it? did it go through? Have they lost it? will I have to fight them to get my stamps?" You never have to wonder that with Em. She's busy and a mom and I get that, I SO get that.

It's not just her, I've found that a lot of the smaller companies are always so friendly and helpful. I LOVE buying from a company like that.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:16 AM   #40  
Matboard Maniac

The wait is not a problem for me. I live out in the middle of nowhere, so it is faster to get something shipped than if I plan a trip to a store, and take all day to drive there, buy something and drive back. I have to drive 2 hrs just to get to a Michaels or JoAnns. Sometimes, it can be a month or 6 wks at a time. What did people do before on-line shopping?
I have more bellas on the way. I'm very excited.