Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-30-2007, 08:59 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help keeping business going

I cannot recall where I read this, but someone had suggested advertising on a website called meetup.com. I did check this site out. It costs $19.95 a month to actually get people together for scrapbooking and stamping. As I looked at the site, I did come across a number of people in my area that are looking to join some kind of group to do their crafts.

My questions is: Do I advertise that I am a SU Demo? I have create my site with scedules of my classes. Explaining that there is a fee for supplies only. I told them about my once a month group that does scrapbooking.

I just don't know if I should mention SU. I am afraid that people will think that I expect sales from them. I do hope that they buy SU products, but since I would be just starting out, I don't want to push.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 09:02 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

You may want to join the SU! Demo Forum here on SCS to get some help and ideas regarding your business. Here's a link with more info:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

BLINGO
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 09:56 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had checked out the meetup's in my area when I first moved in and found several people interested in stamping, scrapping, etc. Several of the people promoted their businesses (I recall there being a few CTMH rep who generated business from doing the meetups). Hope this helps

Nancy

(check out my blog...please - see below)!!

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 09:56 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

I'm part of a meetup that is organized and hosted by a Creative Memories demo. She doesn't mention CM at all in her meetup description (it is a scrapbook meetup) which I think is part of her CM demo-ship agreement. She holds the meetups at her house and some of her CM customers come as well and although she has products available and other events that are non-meetup sponsored, she doesn't push her stuff in any way and there's no pressure to buy. It works for me. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes