Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-20-2004, 09:52 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about purchasing Scrapbooking Paper for Demos...

I am signing up to be a demo this week and I already am planning my first gathering for the end of November or beginning of December. I have two questions...

First, is there a way to buy the patterned scrapbooking paper by the sheet rather than by the kit? So that I could have the people coming to the demo do a layout based on my example? These will be all my scrapbooking friends that I crop with and I want to include some of the scrapbooking supplies that they'd possibly be interested in purchasing.

Also, I know I'll get 30% off my first hostess order after signing up, but can I buy the supplies for my first party with the regular 20% discount and then call the party my first hostess order which will probably be a bigger order?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 09:56 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry, but even demos can't buy paper by the sheet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 09:59 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, you can place an order under $150 and get 20% off...then later place a hostess order ($150 or more) for the 30% off.

Here is the wording from the SU! website:
So, we are pleased to offer a 30 percent instant income on your first hostess order placed within 45 days of the day your starter kit order was recorded at Stampin’ Up! That’s an additional savings of 10 percent!

What’s the best way to utilize this benefit? It was designed to help you promote the booking opportunity and earn free products, including hostess sets you can use to make samples and encourage bookings. Host a workshop of $225 CAN / $150 US or more (excluding shipping and handling and tax) and submit it on a Hostess Benefits Order Form. Invite your friends, family, and neighbors to attend. Show them what Stampin’ Up! has to offer, and schedule future workshops. That way, you get all the benefits—bookings, hostess incentives, and an additional 10 percent in instant income that you can reinvest in your business!

A hostess order is any order of $225 CAN / $150 US or more (excluding shipping and handling and tax) submitted on a Hostess Benefits Order Form.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 10:01 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Bummer, I wonder why they don't make it available to demos to use for their workshops? I imagine the paper would sell faster if demos could show their customers how nice their cards and layouts would look by incorporating it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 10:18 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for pointing out the $150 thing, I didn't realize that! That's great news!! I can't wait to get my starter kit, I'm so excited to have people over to stamp!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 11:59 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

You could always add the designer paper to your layout as a border strip, title block, journaling mat, etc. Since you get 2 sheets in each pack, you'd probably have enough for everyone to use it for the smaller accents.

Just a thought!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 12:07 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

I have done cards with different papers in the same paper pack. You could do the same with scrapbook pages. They don't all have to be the same. Pretty much the same color scheme is carried throughout the Designer Paper packs so it should work.

Kathleen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 12:11 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathleenh
I have done cards with different papers in the same paper pack. You could do the same with scrapbook pages. They don't all have to be the same. Pretty much the same color scheme is carried throughout the Designer Paper packs so it should work.

Kathleen
I think also, on this vein, that the more they see ALL the patterns that come in the package, the more it helps the consumer see how they can cross mix the various patterns that come in the package.
Reply With Quote Likes