Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-25-2006, 10:39 AM   #241  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi everyone, I love this idea hopefully SU! will listen to these great suggestions!

I am new and so I missed out on getting sets that have been retired like Paisley Print. I agree with her:

"A new large paisley stamp, or maybe a build a paisley two-step stamp set(wouldn't that be cool?)" Originally by Erin in OKC

And maybe along the same lines; a new solid Harlequin with an Argyle two-step BG stamp that would look good with or with out the Harlequin. Or could be used with the Print pattern and mix and match accessories like individual diamonds in different sizes.

I also love the old Script BG, if they could bring that back or something similar. The font and sentiment they used is beautiful.

A Knight/Prince set that could be used for boys or men

It would also be cool if they offered to sell the stamps without the wooden blocks so some of us can save money, buy more sets and save some trees too! (really I would do it just to be able to buy more stamps )
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-26-2006, 06:04 PM   #242  
Crimping Master

Don't know if anyone posted this... but I would like to pick 12 of my own ink pad colors. Not to buy them in the color sets they are in but buy a set of 12 at the "discount" set. So still offer them in the color sets or a create your own type thing.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:07 PM   #243  
Kookie Creator

WIZARD TYPE SET, AND SETS IN EACH CATAGORY THAT ARE MORE ARTISTIC THEN CUTSIE, SO THEY MAKE MORE OF AN ELEGANT CARD. AN ENTERTAINMENT SET I LIKE THE IDEA OF A COCKTAIL PARTY THEME TYPE SET.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:14 PM   #244  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm fairly new to SU (only 1-1/2 yrs), so I've missed out on some of the sets I wish they still had - soccer, girl scouts, horses, build a robot, paper doll - I think SU would be wise to just search *bay and see the high price sellers there and either bring back or design more stamps along those lines! I'd also like to see more music stamps - a set for band and one for orchestra players.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:54 PM   #245  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Martini, Wine, Cocktail Party Invitations for grown ups! A set with martini glass, olives, wine bottle, wine glass, grapes, cheese, champagne or cocktail glasses, and then a You're invited or "a cocktail party" or something.
I totally agree!! It would also be a great birthday set, something else than flowers, cars, fruits or mice.

I would also like to see a little add-on to everyday flexible phrases.

And the WWC in 4 sets and refills.

A new easter set

Maybe a makeover of all year cheer 1, some of those sentiments are just way too large.

A realistic travel set.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2006, 03:14 AM   #246  
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen2972
Don't know if anyone posted this... but I would like to pick 12 of my own ink pad colors. Not to buy them in the color sets they are in but buy a set of 12 at the "discount" set. So still offer them in the color sets or a create your own type thing.
YES!
Old 01-27-2006, 03:16 AM   #247  
Pearl-ExPert

Oops...not "YES" that someone already posted this, but "YES" that I agree with your suggestion. I had been wishing for that very thing when I wanted to pick out ink colors.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:08 AM   #248  
Cardstock Collector

i agree with the sympathy and anniversary and save the date
would love to see shrinky plastics in there
maybe vellum with sticky backs already,and maybe other textured paper with sticky backs.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:35 AM   #249  
Glitter Queen

This is such a great thread. If only SU takes half of these suggestions the new catalog will be WOW!!! I am going to add my list and cross my fingers!!

Wine/Cocktail set with empty glasses
Cookies and Milk set
Baking set with pans,measuring spoons,rolling pin etc...
St. Patricks Day set
non-whimsical Dolphin set - I have many friends and family who love dolphins
Monkeys!!! - My DD LOVES Monkeys!!!
Baseball set (classy not kiddish)
I love the idea someone had about a Faux postage set with a masking template!!!! So much easier!
I would also like asst. neutrals,brads and eyelets, and ribbon - 25 yards is so much for your average customer
WAY LESS Xmas!!! A few good sets go long way!!
An easter egg decorating set would be great for the kids - an egg shape background stamp with stamps that you can add patterns
Gingham or check background stamp
More stampable items along the lines of the calendars,puzzles, notecubes
Old 01-28-2006, 08:35 AM   #250  
Matboard Maniac

I have enjoyed reading all our wishes. Wow if SU added all these things the catalog would be quite hefty.
I love rabbits so I will put in a plea for nice non Easter rabbits.
Sympathy sets
Anniversay sets
Neutral pads sold in a set
Ink cartridges sold in color sets
Triangular imaged stamps
More punches i.e. fern like leaves
Yes, Masculine and non cutsie teen sets ( I am a high school teacher)
Formal Occasions ( Prom, Wedding , etc. )
Some classical stamps
I find that I buy non SU stamps like Magenta because I love the actual line design within the border of each image. I would like more stamps like that.
Thanks for all the great ideas you all have. This is a great thread.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:45 AM   #251  
Glitter Guru

i just seen a company recently and their stamps are like no others I have seen before.they have stamps like a background stamp that has 3 backgrounds in 1 stamp.then when you by additional background stamps you can convert all the different background and mix and match them so if you bought 3 background stamps it would be like getting 9 different ones.the company is called http://outlinesrubberstamps.com/index.htm

check it out very cool and creative new way of stamping.not just background stamps all kinds of cool and fun ideas.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:03 PM   #252  
Pearl-ExPert

We need a really good invitation set. A set that had different party images to go along with it. Most all of us need to make invites at one time or another.
Great thread btw!

V
Old 01-30-2006, 02:45 PM   #253  
Kookie Creator

wheels, wheels, and more wheels!! These are great to get customers hooked into stamping without breaking the bank!

Jumbo wheel cartridge colors are a MUST since the uninked are the same priced as inked, what's up with that

Multi-pack of neutrals would be great!
More trendy stamp sets-like Asain, shabby chic, football/basketball/nascar type, more outdoorsy/not cutesy

ALBUMS in pastels for babies and white for weddings!!!

More wedding sets, more Easter sets, more teen sets
Old 02-11-2006, 02:54 PM   #254  
Glitter Queen

I don't know if anyone mentioned this already, but I would LOVE to have a photography set. Not vintage, but current look. I agree with need for more religious, Easter, and Sympathy.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #255  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by HapE2BAstamper
non-whimsical Dolphin set - I have many friends and family who love dolphins
Yes! I have a friend whose daughters LOVE dolphins. Something like this would be a great b-day present!

Denise
Old 02-12-2006, 06:06 AM   #256  
Glitter Guru

Default paisley prints are in

I would like to see a nice paisley print background stamp.something on the idea of on the spot in the way.I missed out on on the spot and kicking myself now for not buying it so I hope it makes it in the big catalog.they would go very nicely together.

We also need a new birthday set something with a party hat,blowers cake candles.confetti,saying,cupcake,dish of icecream.present.balloons.
that would be cool but not too cutesy.something for both kids and adults.

more masculine sets.no way near enough sets for men for birthdays.it's all sports related or outdoorsy.

scrapbooking sentiments.like all boy sentiments.all girl sentiments.
all occasion sentiments.since they can be used for cards too.it will help us scrapbookers out and maybe get back into it again.

background stamps like patterns that you see on printed paper.different kinds of lines wide stripes mixed with thinner stripes.so we can use a spectrum pad with it to make neat backgrounds.to get a printed paper look even though it isn't.

eyelets brads would be nice no more punching just push them through the paper.

also show more scrapbooking layouts in the big catalog.or come out with layouts just like the inspiration sheets but just scrapbooking layouts only sizes like 6x6 or 7x7, 8 1/2 x 11, or 12x12.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:12 AM   #257  
Insane Embellisher

I would also like to see more masculine sets, not necessarily outdoorsy. What I'd really like is an antique tractor set! (Can't afford Tractor Time on Ebay and it only has one antique tractor. )

Someone mentioned realistic, rather than cutesy, rabbits. I'd second that, having a rabbit-loving son.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:27 AM   #258  
Mad Swapper

A huge trend right now is for brides to make their own wedding invitations and thank you cards. It would be wonderful if we had stamp sets that catered to this trend.

A set could have "An invitation", "RSVP", "directions", "location" etc. as well as images of a bouquet, rings, wedding bells, a cake, etc. If we could co-ordinate a new set to compliment the current set HAPPILY EVER AFTER or LIFE'S SPECIAL MOMENTS, I think that it would be a big hit.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:45 AM   #259  
Pearl-ExPert

I don't know how universally popular this would be, but I would love a set for boys that had things on the street, like stop signs, construction cones, fire hydrants, cars, busses, etc...

I would also LOVE to see an updated version of Business Memos, I think this is really tired and needs go bye-bye!

The dreamers of the day are dangerous people,For they dream their dreams with open eyes,And make them come true.- D.H. Lawrence

Old 02-12-2006, 09:14 AM   #260  
Insane Embellisher

Well, I probably have indeed posted here before, but cannot seem to find my space..lol I love this thread!!! I have been asking for years for a coffee related background stamp (java, joe, coffee beans, grinders etc.. ) even a large wheel would be great. Definitely a different Sympathy Set, I also love the idea of a BG stamp in different languages that all say the same thing (thank you etc..) More choices of microbeads, more colors of watercolor pencils, I'd above all LOVE to see a set of stamps with a really pretty African Elephant! I have so many sets that I love already and would just like to find other ways to integrate them, I also agree with the idea of smaller word sets. I have AYC 1 and used to have AYC3 but didn't use but like 4 stamps out of AYC3- maybe SU! could group them by holiday?? More BG papers would be tooo cool, maybe some printed acetate to make those really cool shaker cards- OOOHHHH and templates in various sizes for the shakers. More flower sets- Hydrangea, Iris, Ferns ets.. (the kind we can color ourselves) Maybe offer a set in a mini catalog that can be mounted on acrylic blocks (just to t test the waters)

I also totally agree with nkirk “I'd like to see:

-a few less pages of Xmas
-more vintage type collections
-more collage type
-clocks
-abstract shapes and designs”

O my goodness, there’s just sooo much I would like to see..lol Maybe the SU! Ribbons available in smaller amounts (as an option) like a sample pack. Now I realize my list is getting a bit long, and though there’s probably LOTs more I would like to see- I think the biggest thing I would like to see is the Hodgepodge Hardware available in individual sets… I really like the fasteners that you put ribbon through.

I do have to ask this question though Who is going to send this thread on up to the wonderful folks at SU! ?

I have the coolest sister in the world, navybrat75!
Old 02-12-2006, 10:54 AM   #261  
Kookie Creator

I'd like to see a date set where I could choose the year. What's with only being able to choose dates in from 2000 onwards!! Vintage is so popular in cards and scrapbooking - and I want to do a heritage abum so need to work with 1800 onwards.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:21 AM   #262  
Mad Swapper

I would like to see more sets geared toward boys, so many flowers & girlie sets now. I would also LOVE to see a selection of verses & words that you can pick from......maybe a couple of pages to choose from! Getting excited now!!!!!
Old 02-12-2006, 11:38 AM   #263  
Stampin' Fool

I would love another tag punch for layering...
I would love neutral paper assortments...
Another hockey set ...
Something similar to small script...
Old 02-12-2006, 08:21 PM   #264  
Hardware Hotshot

do you think this catalog has already gone to print - does it come out in July?

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you’ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Old 02-12-2006, 08:23 PM   #265  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa62
i just seen a company recently and their stamps are like no others I have seen before.they have stamps like a background stamp that has 3 backgrounds in 1 stamp.then when you by additional background stamps you can convert all the different background and mix and match them so if you bought 3 background stamps it would be like getting 9 different ones.the company is called http://outlinesrubberstamps.com/index.htm

check it out very cool and creative new way of stamping.not just background stamps all kinds of cool and fun ideas.
that sounds interesting... gonna have to check it out.

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you’ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Old 02-12-2006, 09:56 PM   #266  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbirdstamper
do you think this catalog has already gone to print - does it come out in July?
It may not have already gone to print, but would certainly already be planned and in last stages of editing.

Old 02-13-2006, 04:45 AM   #267  
Polyshrink Goddess

I would love to see some of the retired stamps return. I am new to SU and have seen so many of the retired sets that I would love to have. I think they need more Easter Stamps too. Not much in the catalogue at all.

Karen
Sneek A Peak at my blog ===> Karen's Kreations
Old 02-13-2006, 12:47 PM   #268  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just now found this thread, so thought I'd put in my 2 cents. I like a lot of the suggestions I've read so far. I would like to see the following:
ARCHITECTURE-- maybe Empire State Bldg., Chrysler Tower, Guggenheim, etc. (my DH is an architect).
COFFEE -- a few sayings but mostly images -- cups, coffee beans, background words like latte, espresso, etc. I won't send a "regular joe" card to my girlfriends!
Stamps that look like hodgepodge hardware (CTMH has some)
Several have mentioned anniversary -- I would especially ones that say Silver, Gold, 25th, 50th, etc.
Ribbons & Stitches -- similar to HA

Sharon
Old 02-14-2006, 05:39 AM   #269  
Glitter Guru

Default more to add

I think some playground stamp sets,with swings,slides,the houses or tunnels,monkey bars rings.

ocean scenery with rocks large ones,smaller light houses for backgrounds.sea gulls,picnic table,water,

sprinkler and pool related items

petting zoo.with goats,lambs,cow,chicken,house,donkey,

zoo with camels,exotic birds,monkeys,bears.tigers.lions,

pumpkin patch with cornstalks,pumkins.saying to go with it,hayrides,wagon,wooden sign.

apple picking with trees,buckets for apples,long reach stick to grab the apples.sign apples for sale.

water park ,water slide,pool items like boogie boards,towels,lifejacket,chair,

dinasour park or something similar like fossils to dig,single fossil,shovel to dig with,bones,dinasours

4th of july.fireworks,parade theme,picnics,stars and stripes,flag

botanical garden,set,

winter ,snowboards,sled skiis,poles,saucers,snow shoes,boots

kids fishing set,pole,worms,bucket,tool box,fish hook,fish,net,

hiking,boots,walking,stick,canteen or water bottle,mountains small ones,nug spray.

scrapbooking set,stamps,ink,paper,scissors,bag for supplies,markers,etc etc.

more boy related items,we have a lot of flowers for girls,so an all boy themed stamp set would be great.little boy to teen boy age level,

Last edited by Lisa62; 02-14-2006 at 05:43 AM..
Old 02-14-2006, 06:38 AM   #270  
Rubber Obsessor

I would like a stamp set focused on games like Bunco - dice, card games, etc.

Also, my big request would be a theater stamp set, maybe something vintage like an old Playbill, a torn ticket stub, "All the World's a Stage", "Act I", etc. Oh, it would be a dream!

I realize my ideas would be more suited to a mini catalog set but I would LOVE a Bunco stamp set!!!
Old 02-14-2006, 07:17 AM   #271  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapbooker703
I agree - definitely more things for men/boys.
I agree!!! Even though most SU customers are women..many of us have men (in my case 4....5 if you count my Dad!) in our lives!!

More sports stuff please!!!
Old 02-14-2006, 07:17 AM   #272  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLF
Ditto on the sympathy set, more for men and boys, and a wine set.
Ditto for me too on all three!!

And definitely....the tag punch!!!!
Old 02-14-2006, 10:10 AM   #273  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I too would love an elegant fairy/mythical beings set.

I would also love to see a Mardi Gras set. For our mardi gras invitations, we couldn't even find decent stickers. There were some stamps online, but not enough of what we wanted.

I would LOVE a tex-mex/fiesta set that wasn't too cartoony or solid-styled. I would like a chili pepper, a cactus, a margarita, a sun, a sombrero, one of those skulls (not a human one! the whole desert animal skull thing, not sure what type of animal it is), and a stamp that said Fiesta, or something. I would just love a decent chili pepper stamp. We make a lot of salsa, and it'd be so fun to customize the labels.

And turtles, really cutesy ones, like those ones from inky antics!

I think I'm done now...
Old 02-14-2006, 11:54 AM   #274  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by connieastewart
I would like a stamp set focused on games like Bunco - dice, card games, etc.

Also, my big request would be a theater stamp set, maybe something vintage like an old Playbill, a torn ticket stub, "All the World's a Stage", "Act I", etc. Oh, it would be a dream!

I realize my ideas would be more suited to a mini catalog set but I would LOVE a Bunco stamp set!!!

I really like this idea! I hadn't thought about theater. It could have the masks as well!
Old 02-14-2006, 12:34 PM   #275  
Kookie Creator

I would like to see some cat/dog stamps with sayings. I have had MANY requests for cards with these animals and I haven't found anything that really works for what I want. I do have a problem thinking 'outside that box' and rely on ideas for all of you, but I have looked at the SU catalog so many times and just can't come up with anything. Also could use Anniversary and Sympathy sets with verses!!!! I use verses inside my cards and need some new ideas there.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:44 PM   #276  
Kookie Creator

I would love to see some dog/cat stamps with sayings. I have had MANY requests for cards with dogs and cats and haven't found anything that really is what I have visions for. I would also like to see more Anniversary and Symapthy cards and verses for all occasions.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:45 AM   #277  
Compulsive Stamper

I would like to see and I'm sure many have been said already:

- 2 different sizes of tag punches and tag stamp sets (one the size of the tags and one slightly larger for layering so I don't have to cut around a bunch of tags) - my customers have been wild about the Terrifc Tags punch box and the too terrific tags
- a soccer set (not cutesy, but includes grass, nets, etc.)
- a hockey set
- an airplane set (something for an adult, not cutesy kid like)
- a travel set that's not cutesy kid like)
- bring back the camping set
- a school set that encompasses many K-12 ages
- dinosaurs, zoo animals, sea animals (realistic, not cutesy or cartoonish)
Old 02-16-2006, 12:07 PM   #278  
Insane Embellisher

I agree with most said here.
I would like a wonderful word style set that says (family, It's a Boy, It's a girl. and Welcome??) Could maybe do stamp buffet style
MORE Baby sets, more realistic- like baby's first
ALL BOY sets!!
A tennis set!!!
Sports Buffet Style- pick which sports you want!!
They could do this for AYC type words as well!!!!
Another CAMPING set PLEASE!!!
OUTDOORS set!!
LOVE the ZOO set idea- lion, tiger, bear,monkey,flamingo Realistic but not super detailed and Big enough for walls!!!
TRUCKS, CARS, TRAINS, DIGGERS!!!! all boy
WINE SET , NEEDED THIS IN NOV.
cAN'T THINK OF ANY MORE!!
ZYRON WOULD BE GREAT TOO!!!
SUE
Old 02-16-2006, 12:42 PM   #279  
Inking Addict

I don't know if it's been posted yet or not or if it's to late to get in what we would like to see in the caty. But one thing that came to mind was to be able to buy a pack of cardstock of one color instead of one sheet. Like have a package of summer sun or not quite navy and so one.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:41 PM   #280  
Cardstock Collector

To add my two cents worth, I would like to see:
A nice retirement set or sorry to see you leave set. I have seen nothing for people who work and really have to tax their imagination or for others who are leaving their group or the company.
More landscape sets with trees, rocks, oceans, lakes, cabins, mountains, deserts,
More realistic animals, desert animals, African animals, DOGS, CATS, and not the cartoon types.
I have seen in other catalogues, designs in the new crimpers - diamonds, hearts, such as that.
I have also seen circle punches that have a design, like hearts around the edges of the circles. VERY NICE!

Love most of the other suggestions also. Different brads and lots of colors.

Colleen