Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   PTI October Releases (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/pti-october-releases-390198/)

theresalaird 10-15-2008 01:24 PM

Normally I only buy enough for the free shipping but this time (with DH permission) bought more a lot more (to make a few Christmas gifts). I felt so guilty pushing the order button but with DH permission I didn't feel as bad. Can't wait until my stuff comes!

annie21211 10-15-2008 02:24 PM

I ordered First Fruits & Warm Hospitality, Recipe Box & Recipe box label, Warm Happiness, recipe cards & egg box. Chocolate, poppy and kraft cardstock and first fruits dsp. I wish I could have hit the "I want it all" button and then some!

I'll be buying little to nothing the rest of this year.:(

krisis 10-15-2008 04:12 PM

I only wanted the ripe avocado paper and ink cube so I combined my order with a friend. None of the stamps "called" to me this month.

Katie018075 10-15-2008 06:01 PM

another month goes by without me seeing much I like at PTI, but my wallet says thank you. But I know they'll rebound with some must-haves soon!!

speanburg4 10-16-2008 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theresalaird (Post 11696034)
Normally I only buy enough for the free shipping but this time (with DH permission) bought more a lot more (to make a few Christmas gifts). I felt so guilty pushing the order button but with DH permission I didn't feel as bad. Can't wait until my stuff comes!

I am so with you on this. Normally I stick close to $50 because I hate paying for shipping. This month I placed my little $55 order for paper and ribbon, then got DH permission to place another order. I got the recipe set(with label), Warm Happiness, 3 sets of recipe cards, 3 egg boxes, and some more ribbon. I showed DH the recipe boxes and said I could make those for all the women in our families. He didn't seem excited. So I asked him why and he said he didn't think his family would have a use for "another" recipe box. Although he said they would love it because I made it, but they probably wouldn't use it. He said I should treat myself and order the set anyway! What a sweet guy!!

babydal57 10-16-2008 07:35 AM

You all are BAD!!!

I'm a SU demo and I just placed my first PTI order. I got Silent Night, Poppy CS, ink, and ribbon and Ocean Tides CS, ink and ribbon. And some of that lucious midnight blue shimmer CS for my Christmas cards.

Bad, bad, bad!!!

Judyw 10-16-2008 07:52 AM

I was really hopeful about the Silent Night set, but when I saw the whole thing, I didn't want it. I'll have to see what others do with it.

I didn't get any of the additions sets, as I don't have the first part of those sets and wouldn't need the additions.

I am with Emili, it's a lot to be released every month. Nichole knows, if she releases it, people will buy it. I only order when I have $50.00 worth of stuff, so I can qualify for the free shipping. I refuse to buy any paper until I can use up what I already have. (I am being mature and deliberate). It seems like a good incentive to create, eh? But I just don't seem to be working through my stash. Maybe if I scrapbook more, I'll use it up faster than I do with cards.

cindy_canada 10-16-2008 08:02 AM

The ones with the mittens and flourishes is my favorite. I have never gotten any PT set so far, though, because they do contain a lot of sentiments and I pretty much only stamp in French, so this is an issue for me. I do enjoy seeing what everybody else is making with these sets, though!

Cindy

theresalaird 10-16-2008 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4 (Post 11704143)
I am so with you on this. Normally I stick close to $50 because I hate paying for shipping. This month I placed my little $55 order for paper and ribbon, then got DH permission to place another order. I got the recipe set(with label), Warm Happiness, 3 sets of recipe cards, 3 egg boxes, and some more ribbon. I showed DH the recipe boxes and said I could make those for all the women in our families. He didn't seem excited. So I asked him why and he said he didn't think his family would have a use for "another" recipe box. Although he said they would love it because I made it, but they probably wouldn't use it. He said I should treat myself and order the set anyway! What a sweet guy!!

He does sound like a sweet guy! One of my ideas was to make one for my new sister in law to be for her shower. I thought it would be fun to send a recipe card in each invitation so that everyone can fill out their fav recipe. I'm not sure if I would include a stamp with it so they could send it to me before the shower or have them bring it to the shower. But I thought it would be a nice start to their life together and a nice keepsake as well. Enjoy your stuff when it comes.

sprtchick 10-16-2008 09:35 AM

My cart is loaded up with everything...but I have not pushed check out yet...
Blessings.

pasco 10-16-2008 09:45 AM

I put my order in at midnight and just got the email that it shuold arrive tomorrow! I'm so excited to have things to play with over the weekend. :D

speanburg4 10-16-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theresalaird (Post 11705828)
He does sound like a sweet guy! One of my ideas was to make one for my new sister in law to be for her shower. I thought it would be fun to send a recipe card in each invitation so that everyone can fill out their fav recipe. I'm not sure if I would include a stamp with it so they could send it to me before the shower or have them bring it to the shower. But I thought it would be a nice start to their life together and a nice keepsake as well. Enjoy your stuff when it comes.

I like that idea. My sister-in-law had a Pampered Chef shower and the invitation had a recipe card in it for everyone to fill out. We just brought it with us to the shower.

I was thinking this would work for a cookie exchange, too. We just moved to Pittsburgh from Seattle this summer and a cookie exchange would be a great way to get to know the neighbors. I could have everyone bring 2-4 dozen cookies and the recipe. Then I could fill out the cards afterwards and use my BIA to make a little book out of all the recipes and give one to everyone. Now I wish I had ordered more recipe cards!!

pegg 10-16-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4 (Post 11708439)
I like that idea. My sister-in-law had a Pampered Chef shower and the invitation had a recipe card in it for everyone to fill out. We just brought it with us to the shower.

I was thinking this would work for a cookie exchange, too. We just moved to Pittsburgh from Seattle this summer and a cookie exchange would be a great way to get to know the neighbors. I could have everyone bring 2-4 dozen cookies and the recipe. Then I could fill out the cards afterwards and use my BIA to make a little book out of all the recipes and give one to everyone. Now I wish I had ordered more recipe cards!!

That is such a nice idea to make a little book for the guests. I threw a shower and did a recipe box (we did a book) like you guys. It was a big hit. And I know my friend really cherishes it. For favors, we had heart shaped cookie cutters with a cookie recipe tag attached.

jennelf 10-16-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4 (Post 11708439)

Did you order the PTI cards? You will get 100 in the package, so you should be good! :)

Where in Pittsburgh did you move to? I just moved from Cranberry in August - there are several things I already find myself missing! I hope you find it as great of a place as we did.

speanburg4 10-16-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennelf (Post 11709919)
Did you order the PTI cards? You will get 100 in the package, so you should be good! :)

Where in Pittsburgh did you move to? I just moved from Cranberry in August - there are several things I already find myself missing! I hope you find it as great of a place as we did.

I did order the PTI cards. 3 sets. But I also bought 3 egg boxes to make recipe boxes for gifts. I thought I would use one set for each box. I guess I could put fewer cards in the recipe boxes and use the leftovers for a cookie exchange.

Actually, I started a thread about moving to PA back in February/March that you responded to. We ended up moving to Moon Twp. But then you went and moved!! Darn! We are still adjusting, but we like it so far. The leaves are beautiful right now!!