Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Prismacolors at Michaels? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/prismacolors-michaels-180769/)

KristaTracy 09-05-2006 04:22 PM

Prismacolors at Michaels?

I have seen previous posts regarding Prismacolor Water Color crayons being the same/similar product as SU watercolor crayons, and I thought I would pick up a box with my 40% off coupon at Michaels. My Michaels does not have anything called watercolor crayons. They have pastels and art stix -- does anyone know if these are the same things as the SU watercolor crayons?

MSBetsyZ 09-05-2006 04:27 PM

Where are you looking in Michaels? They are not with the rubber stamping stuff. You have to go over to the "artist's" section, where the large selection of art books, paint brushes, etc. are. You should find a large selection of watercolor pencils...individual pencils as well as packages.

Jessrose21 09-05-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristaTracy
I have seen previous posts regarding Prismacolor Water Color crayons being the same/similar product as SU watercolor crayons, and I thought I would pick up a box with my 40% off coupon at Michaels. My Michaels does not have anything called watercolor crayons. They have pastels and art stix -- does anyone know if these are the same things as the SU watercolor crayons?

Krista,

I believe it was the Lyra watercolor crayons that were the same as the Watercolor Wonder Crayons. I don't know about the watercolor pencils. A lot of people here have been buying the Prismacolor artist colored pencils, which SU doesn't sell, at Michaels. People then use Gamsol (odorless mineral spirits) and stumps to blend the pencil markings with. Hope this helps.

fionna51 09-06-2006 01:20 PM

Prismacolor does not make watercolor crayons, and Jessica is right...Lyra is what brand you would look for in the LSS or LAS (local artist store). Despite my obsession with prismacolor...I have not used the art stix so I cannot answer to their use. Pastels are chalk, and I would still recommend using SU's pastels if you like that medium.

If, however, you are thinking of Prismacolor PENCILS, to be used with gamsol, then get the biggest set you can afford, and fill out with individual pencils to match the color chart I have posted in the Resources section.

Clownmom 09-06-2006 02:10 PM

Where in the Resources section is the color chart? I'm sometimes technologically challenged and couldn't find it. Thanks.

mrs starling 09-06-2006 02:36 PM

If you are an "ebayer" you can get tremendous deals on Prismacolor pencils there. I did a couple months ago. Got a huge set of 72 for less than $35.00 including shipping. I do not know if that is better or not than the 40% off at Michael's but just wanted to let you know.

Carolanns2 09-06-2006 03:12 PM

I bought some watercolor crayons at Michaels using the coupon, 12 crayons are in the tin, they seem to color nicely. I used a blender pen, I want to try the Aqua-painter next
carol:)

fionna51 09-06-2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clownmom
Where in the Resources section is the color chart? I'm sometimes technologically challenged and couldn't find it. Thanks.

Actually, I just noticed the section of the forums with what USED to be called Resources is NOW called Downloads. So that is the right place to look.

But, to save you time, here is a link:
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129270
Hope that Helps! :cool:

Clownmom 09-06-2006 07:11 PM

Thanks so much. I just love the Prismacolor pencils!