Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-29-2005, 06:12 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question prismacolor pencil technique?????

I read all of your posts about the prisma colored pencils. I really want them. I don't think I can order right now cause of the disco list and of course the summer mini... I want too much! Anyway my ? is what technique are you talking about. Please let me know, maybe I'll be convinced that I must get the pencils now! (lol) Dina
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2005, 06:40 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's a link to a great tutorial:

http://www.sanford-artedventures.com...gimbel_mp.html

I love this technique and hope to try it soon. I hear you, Dina! Ever since I found this place my wish list has grown by a mile, too. When we moved in to our current house I planted a money tree in the backyard but darn, I'm getting oranges instead!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2005, 07:25 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Talking

Thanks so much for the link. I really really want the prisma pencils. Maybe I won't want much from the discoed list.(please restrain me) I'm laughing about the tree cause I always say that my family thinks we have a money tree in the backyard. We had an orange tree but it died!!! Not a good sign! I saw a tree at Target called a "money tree" I didn't buy it cause I didn't think it would go over very well when I would want to return it due to it not producing any money!!!!(lol) Dina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2005, 09:05 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgmlmax
We had an orange tree but it died!!! Not a good sign! I saw a tree at Target called a "money tree" I didn't buy it cause I didn't think it would go over very well when I would want to return it due to it not producing any money!!!!(lol) Dina
LOL! Maybe I should be thankful for the oranges after all.
April
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2005, 10:01 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hey, I have the pencils. And although I don't use them each time I stamp, when I do, I'm very happy with them. They are nice and soft, sharpen easily, lots of colors! Check out Princessink's gallery if you haven't already. That might just push you over the edge to buy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2005, 10:08 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am in the same boat as original poster having just signed up as a demo, retire list coming out etc... when I called Viking to ask how long the code would be valid on the prismacolor pencils I was told through June, actually the phone agent said " I think the end of June". While there are no guarantees, we will probably have a few weeks at least until the special ends.

A related question I have, does anyone know what colors are included in the set of 48. I have the spreadsheet that some wonderful SCSer put together listing the comparable prismacolors to SU colors. I wonder if the set of 48 would contain all of these colors? Anyone know?

Thanks-Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2005, 11:07 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

FYI..........You might want to check your local Hobby Lobby, I found the individual Prismacolor Pencils marked down to 54 cents each, guess they are not going to carry them any more, they had a good assortment to choose from.

RagDoll4You
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2005, 01:34 PM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Unfortunately, the set of 48 doesn't include all the SU colors - it has 28 of them. I've kicked myself often for not getting the larger set because although I can go purchase the missing 20 individually, I won't have a nice case to store them all.

I got the spreadsheet here too but I can't remember which lovely SCS person posted it. Whomever it was, hope it's okay to repost it. I've revised it for my own use and highlighted in red the colors I need to buy. I put an X by the colors that came in the set of 48.

Okay, I tried to upload it but it wouldn't work. Sorry about that. If you'd like a copy of the revised spreadsheet, email me and I'll send it to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2005, 02:16 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

I just got the Pure Color Pencils. Does anyone know what the difference is? Is one softer or harder than the other?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2005, 02:49 PM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Default prismacolor pencils

I just got the prismacolor pencils delivered today and am so happy that I ordered them. They came in a nice tin with a pencil sharpener included. I ordered the set of 120 from viking and used the codes that were posted here. My final cost delivered to my home was 41.30. I live in CA so there is tax but that comes out to 34 cents a pencil which is a great buy. Before I ordered them I called Michaels and was told that they had them on sale this week for 111.00. Thanks so much for posting the special here. I could never have gotten them at Michaels price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2005, 02:50 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I have had the 48 set for a while and could kick myself for not getting the large set since learning of the Gamsol technique. With the Viking special the 120 set is cheaper than my 48 set was on sale at Hobby Lobby. I think the large set would be the best investment. IMHO.
Reply With Quote Likes