Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-29-2006, 07:23 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool what goes first????

Just wanted to know how you all completed a card. Do you put the wording on the inside first - this way it is possible to run cardstock through computer - or do you stamp card putting on finishing touches and then put the wording on the inside??

Well I can't put the wording on the inside of the card, I don't even know what the card is going to look like until it is done, so how can I put wording inside prior to that???

Just wanted to know how you all handled it!!!

Thanks!
Tammy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2006, 07:41 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile Inside of cards

Well most times my first card that I make is blank inside until the end. If I really like the way it turned out and want to make more I go ahead and put my words on the inside using computer and then do the front last.

Hope this is what you wanted to know.

Happy Stamping

Sherry A
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2006, 08:01 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm fairly new to stamping, so, so far I make the cards and write in them later. I haven't even figured out how to do the inside yet unless I just write free hand on the inside. I'd be so appreciative if someone could share some of their ideas. Do you use a certain program? Thanks for any info shared here.
Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2006, 02:18 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

I usually do the inside last. The only problem with that is, if I screw up the inside, I've wasted a lot of time. Just this week I mis-stamped a verse inside. I was bound and determined to use that card, so I stamped the sentiment on white and just layered it on top.
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2006, 03:54 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Loiselle
I usually do the inside last. The only problem with that is, if I screw up the inside, I've wasted a lot of time. Just this week I mis-stamped a verse inside. I was bound and determined to use that card, so I stamped the sentiment on white and just layered it on top.
I've had to do that too, sometimes it's because I forgot to close the inkpad and dipped the card in it! It's frustrating but fixable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2006, 04:00 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

If I'm printing something on the computer to use on the inside, I always print it on separate cardstock, just for that reason. I am the queen of screw-ups, & I would be very sad if I spent a lot of time on a card, only to mess up the inside. I use a lighter colored CS, something that matches the "theme" on the front.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2006, 04:10 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Mary, and others...
There have been other threads about this topic - maybe you would find a lot more possibilities there.

I usually have a specific idea in mind so I use the computer to print the verse inside. I sell a few cards, and it seems most buyers really want that verse inside and they are not as fussy as I thought they would be about what it says! I have found my best choices at Versalog.com - I just copy and paste into my documents. I am not too computer savvy but that is what works for me. I have lots of examples in my documents - I usually print one on each half of the card stock - then cut it in half after printing. (They are on the right hand side so work for the inside of the card- I use either portrait or landscape, depending on the way I want the card to open.) I have also used some verses from the Greeting card program I have.

When doing the computer printing, I can vary the font and ink color to coordinate with the card. A long time ago some one here shared a list of the colors from the printer that would match the SU colors. She did a lot of work!

I also have a couple of sets of stamps with verses to use on the inside - I stamp them after finishing the card.

Other ways I have used - print up a whole sheet of card stock or vellum, with a dozen or so verses from my documents - basically squeezing in as many as I can on a page. I use deckle edge or other fancy scissors. I don't like this look as well for some reason, so I always distress or chalk the edges. Soft color stamping could work also. Have also printed this way on sticker paper so no other adhesive is necessary.

Good luck on finding a method that works for you.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2006, 04:51 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

I have done both of Dorothy's ideas. I like using the Avery template that is out there for the post card to type up my verse for the inside of the cards, it automatically puts in the margins, then I can play with what size fonts I use and such, I always print them on another sheet of paper to put them inside..usually white or vanilla. Then I use decorative scissors, tear them or do something with the eges of the paper to dress it up, either sponge, DTP or stamp around the edges or such.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2006, 05:25 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I use Greetings Card Factory to print a verse on white copy paper and I then use this as a paper insert to the card. I attach it with a glue runner.
I always think it looks pretty, but it also means you don't ruin a card.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2006, 05:29 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I also print my inside separately. If it's a verse I want inside the card, I usually print it on artist's sketching paper (it's cheap and looks like very translucent vellum) and then attach that to the crease of the card. It makes it look very professional and gives that finishing touch.

Otherwise, I just stamp on the inside of the card after I finish.

HTH,
Christine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2006, 05:29 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

i use sentiment stamps on the inside . i am not to shabby on printing yet! I have done that so many times with the ink pad now i have made myself close them after each use for that reason plus I have a 15month old that loves them she thinks they are so fun to grap then finger print my beatiful almond walls...yights
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2006, 02:40 PM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Tammy, most of the time I make what I call "card fronts". I cut them to fit 1/16" smaller all around then the standard card size. I have several made and ready to glue to a folded card standard size 5 1/2 by 4 1/4. These are usually white or ivory. Then just before I glue the card front to it I stamp the sentiment inside, maybe a few leaves, flowers, etc, drifting down or across the page and it's ready to go.
Reply With Quote Likes