Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Printing on Cardstock (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/printing-cardstock-60469/)

roo613 06-17-2005 08:15 AM

Printing on Cardstock

Has anyone else had any trouble running SU cardstock through their printer? I need to print on Pink Passion the other day, and it would print on 3 sheets and then it would get stuck. It was so finicky; it literally took me an hour of trying to get 12 sheets printed on. Is it my printer or is the SU cardstock just that good and thick?

iteachstampin 06-17-2005 08:21 AM

I have found that when I print on cardstock I have to feed it one at a time. My printer isn't capable of holding the cardstock and taking 1 sheet itself. Wish I could train it!!

That's probably not much help. LOL

bemidjibelle 06-17-2005 09:28 AM

I always just feed one sheet at a time and have no problems. It prints beautifully! :)

Sue

jenny4wheel 06-17-2005 10:08 AM

I haven't had a problem, but I've only printed on the US White. The colored cardstock has a different texture, so that may be part of the problem.

roo613 06-17-2005 10:11 AM

It was even finnicky feeding one sheet at a time. Sometimes it would do it, sometimes it wouldn't! Gotta love technology!:)

bemidjibelle 06-17-2005 10:48 AM

I don't have any trouble with US white or any colors as long as I single feed the sheets. We have an Epson Stylus C84..not an expensive line of printers.

Sue

AmandaMay 06-17-2005 12:01 PM

I have an HP and have never had problems printing on cs - and I DON'T feed it one at a time. I have a friend that has a really expensive laser printer and she can't print on cs at all! She is coming to use my cheap little $200 printer! ($200 6 years ago! It is probably $100 to buy it now!!)

malindaplace 06-17-2005 12:36 PM

Have you tried changing the paper designation in your printer properties before you print? Even if there's not a choice for card stock, you might try a setting like "matte photo paper" which would be thicker than normal stock. It might help.

Rox71 06-17-2005 12:41 PM

Some printers like mine which is Epson Stylus Color 980 have a feature for thicker stock that goes through it. I open the top lid and there is a lever to move. It isn't marked so we wrote thick and thin with a marker. Check you manual and you may have that same feature.

Rox

benandgletty 06-17-2005 12:42 PM

How does your paper pass thru the printer? Is it a back feeder or front feeder. If it passed through from the front, then it winds around a feeder drum and cardstock will stick there. Check your printer manual to find out how to select the paper thickness and it will help alleviate this. If you have a back feeder, then it is a straight through run. Usually there are less problems with feeding heavier paper with this setup. Again, there are settings for heavier cardstock that you might want to check into. Also, if you have run labels through before, you might have a buildup in your feeder and a cleanup might be all that's needed. I run only one sheet through at a time as well. I have a Canon.
Betty