Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-05-2006, 10:00 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Printer/Scanner and Photo Quality

Santa is bringing me the printer/scanner/photo printer of my dreams. Trouble is, I don't know what I'm dreaming for at the moment. Can those of you who use a combo like this give me hints and tips about what brand I might want to look into and purchase? I want to be able to print photos in all sizes, in sepia, black and white, etc., but want to be able to print regular paper as well. Is there such a monster? Oh, and I want to be able to scan my creations so I can finally upload.

HELP!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2006, 10:46 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

hi,
I absolutely LOVE my printer/copier/scanner!! it's an "HP photosmart 3210 all in one" the photo quality is fabulous! you can do any size from 4x6 (or smaller) up to 8x10's. you can print from the computer, or from your memory card w/o a computer. it has some editing capabilities built right in, and can print full color, b&w, and sepia. so you can use it w/o a computer if need be. it also can print great quality photos from a negative or slide! so it can basically cover all your photo printing needs with great quality!

also it scans, and can print on regular paper, or CS (Haven't tried SU! CS yet though), and it can go back and forth from photos to regular paper very easily. oh, and it's a copy machine. doesn't make copies as fast as a kinko's copier, but I've never seen a kinko's copier print photos like this does either hehe.

and my favorite feature (I know, you're thinking, "after all this there's MORE??") hold onto your seat! (J/K) all the ink colors are individual! so when I run out of blue I don't have to spend $30+ for a color cartridge. it's $10 for just the color I need. and the individual ink cartridges have more than twice as much ink (per color) in them then most combo cartridges, so over all it's less $$ for ink! I just HATED throwing out an ink cartridge that was still half full with red just because the blue was gone!! but I couldn't very well just have dominatley red photos now could I?

now I bet you're wondering how much can something so wonderful cost? well that's the one down side. the retail price is $280. BUT I got mine at Office Depot with like $105 in rebates so it was $175. which I think was not bad at all!!

it is kinda big, but it still takes up less surface space then a printer and scanner both would.

anyway, I know this was kinda long, but you DID ask. and I LOVE my printer!
good luck finding your dream machine!
Michelle
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2006, 01:29 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Michelle --
Thanks for your enthusiastic response. Sounds to me like I had better get the total skinny on this. It's sound as if it is exactly what I want. Thanks so much for all your comments!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2006, 01:45 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I'm jumping on Michelle's message. I just got the HP Photosmart 3300 All In One (Copier, Printer, Scanner, Fax - WIRELESS) and it is awesome. I am still learning everything on it, but so far, I can't believe the quality of my prints. I have scanned things that you can't tell from the originals. I printed out the 2007 calendars to play with on my card stock and they are beautiful. I love the feature of the different ink colors being separate, so nice to only need to spend $10 instead of $35.00. Mine does exactly what Michelle's does, and it is wonderful. Have fun searching, but be sure to check this one out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2006, 02:39 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi! I also have the HP Photosmart 3210 all-in-one. I am very happy with mine. The quality of the pictures are very good, especially when you use the Premium Hp photo paper. My only wish is that you could refill the ink cartridges. In Canada the ink is about $12.00.There are 6 colors to refill so it can add up. I love how versatile and compact it is though!!

Arlene
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2006, 06:15 PM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

Default Mooshie-- 3210 PRINTER HELP PLEASE!!!

I can't get the printer to print on cardstock. Mooshie can you help me? Please leave me an e-mail at [email protected] and let me know how you did it and why you like this printer so much. I'm trying to do Christmas cards and bought this new printer and now I'm stuck.
Reply With Quote Likes