Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-30-2007, 02:13 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU Demo Sign Up Question

Hi .... I just finished filling out the Starter Kit Order Form (yay!!!) and before I send it to my demo I wanted to ask your opinions......how many think its a wise idea to also purchase the Stampin' Memories Add-On? I added each item up individually and it totals $86 and is selling for $50. OK, so thats an obvious savings of $36. But my demo said its not worth it because you end up earning that stuff free or discounted as a demo. She didn't elaborate and I forgot to further question it. It seems like a good deal to me, especially if theres no shipping cost either. The items are all ones that I'd use. Hmmm....sounds like I"m answering my own question lol! But I don't want to spend $50 if there is a good reason to wait. Any advise? TIA!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2007, 02:31 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm adding it to my order. I figured that even if I ordered the items with my 30% discount - it is still $10 cheaper plus I save the shipping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2007, 02:32 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've been a demo for three years and I'm STILL kicking myself for NOT doing the add on! Hope that helps ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2007, 02:35 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I am looking into signing up also... still doing the pros and cons thing right now.

I will be ordering the add on because I will be concentrating on scrapbooking more than card making I think. With that in mind the scrapping add on is a must.

As it is, the stuff is cheap enough that if you have the $50.00 right now go ahead and order it. Like you said, it is cheaper than it would be with the 30% discount.

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2007, 02:49 PM   #5  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I added it on and am waiting on the kit to arrive. Should be here tomorrow! You do earn free stuff, but I believe you usually only earn stamp sets, so you're not going to get free albums and simply scrappin' kits and stuff. Plus, as a customer, I've seen (and done this myself) other customers turn their noses up at the simply scrappin' kits until they see them in person. Once they see them in person, they sell like hotcakes. So, you'll at least have a kit you can show your customers and that should help with sales.

I'll all about getting more for my money without sacrificing quality and getting the kit, plus the add on, plus the free family of pads is a steal. And, you get free catties and other business supplies on top of that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2007, 04:10 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

My upline said if I didn't want the add on, SHE was going to add it on and just pay for it herself.

I mean add it up...You get a $27.95 alphabet set, a 6x6 album, $16.95, a simply scrappin' kit for $19.95...right there's $65 bucks! Plus free shipping!

I'm glad I ordered it. It really "pushes" me into doing more scrapbooking. If I wouldn't have taken the add on, I more than likely would not order any scrapbooking supplies.

Plus I thought it would be great to demo the alphabet set TO scrapbookers! If they are not into card making at all, I can suggest purchasing an alphabet set and a color family of Stampin' Spots!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2007, 04:22 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: I don't stamp, I just talk about stamping on the internet!

Even if you are not into "scrapbooking" per se, you might want to make a "Demo book" where you either show stamping techniques in a 6x6 format for customers to browse through, or showcase what you have done as a demo (i.e. pics of you with Shelli Gardner at Regionals, you & friends at Convention, your Open House, etc.). Those are some great reasons right there to get the Memories Add-On.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2007, 04:50 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

I got it with my kit and it was totally worth it. I am a scrapbooker anyway so I knew I could use it for myself if I didn't demo scrapbook stuff. Every demo needs to have at least one ss kit to show customers for them to really understand how great they are. That and the alphabet set sold it for me

My teeny, tiny, someday it might be a GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2007, 04:55 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

It was three years ago when I got mine and I'm still glad I did! Go for it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2007, 05:13 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

I didnt get it back in Jan. and I am still mad about it:(
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2007, 05:22 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

Default Nope

I'm planning to sign up with SU! early next month and have decided not to get the add-on. I have about half of the stuff already & don't want that alpha. I'll purchase the pieces I DO want once I've signed up at a cost to me of about $30.

T~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2007, 06:10 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm signing up next month and getting it. I want to play with it -- and I need another alphabet. I may do some scrapbooking or may use it for cards. Can't lose either way.

I'd say -- go for it!

my gallery
my blog :
What Was I Inkin'?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2007, 07:39 PM   #13  
Inking Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just sent my paperwork in to become a demo and I got the add on. I mostly have stamps and needed the extra stuff to make samples. No matter what business you are in - samples sell. It is always easier if you can see it, touch it, and see how it is used. I was going to say smell it and taste it too, but for this it didn't seem quite appropriate. Looking forward to getting my kit.

Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2007, 07:42 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJStamperView Post
I've been a demo for three years and I'm STILL kicking myself for NOT doing the add on! Hope that helps ...
Me too!!! I just wasn't thinking when I ordered I guess. :rolleyes:

Lovin' bein' an SU Demo

Furkids deserve a forever home! Have you adopted a stray lately? Spay and neuter your pets, put us out of business please!!

www.mostlymuttsonline.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2007, 09:04 PM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

I think what your upline may have meant is that if you purchase the items later they may be slightly more expensive, but they will count towards your quarterly minimums, great rewards, stampin' start and volume rebates. So if you're becoming a demo to pursue the business, it may make more sense to "buy" these from yourself later. If not, then the savings are obvious and it makes swense to buy the add-on items now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2007, 05:47 AM   #16  
Glitter Guru

Actually glad I read this thread. I will be filling out my paperwork in a few days and hadn't really considered adding it on, but I am now. . .

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2007, 06:12 AM   #17  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJStamperView Post
Me too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2007, 06:14 AM   #18  
Cardstock Collector

Red face

I'll be joining probably end of Sep and I'll add them too. It's a good deal since I don't have much supplies yet and I love the "secret garden" scrapbook kit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2007, 10:10 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithdianeView Post
I think what your upline may have meant is that if you purchase the items later they may be slightly more expensive, but they will count towards your quarterly minimums, great rewards, stampin' start and volume rebates. So if you're becoming a demo to pursue the business, it may make more sense to "buy" these from yourself later. If not, then the savings are obvious and it makes swense to buy the add-on items now.
I think you are right - this is most likely what my upline was trying to convey to me. I am doing this to pursue the business and my upline is very business minded. So perhaps I should just wait and buy them as I need them and have them go towards my business. I am first a scrapper and second a card maker, paper crafter. The whole reason I fell in love with Stampin Up! was for the cardstock. So I have a lot of the supplies for scrapping and don't need the add ons as much as someone who has no scrapbooking stuff and wants to get into it. And btw.....the Simply Scrappin' kits ROCK! They make any scrapbook page look so professional and beautiful. Thanks for all the advice ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2007, 10:45 AM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

I am loving this thread. thanks Ladies....

So, since I just bought 1 set of cardstock of each color family, and I would be getting more cardstock in the main kit I could easily do with out the cardstock in the add on kit. That would make the kit worth $78.55 if my math is correct. ( I have the figures put away, I am working off my feeble brain)

So, I could order it for $50.00 or I could wait and order it on my first order with the 30% off and only pay $54.98 and that would apply to my $300. My figures may be off a bit but it should be close.

Seems like a better "business" deal for me that way. I am planning that the first $300 will probably be all my purchases anyway so I might as well work it to my best advantage.

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2007, 11:04 AM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by missyintxView Post
I am loving this thread. thanks Ladies....

So, since I just bought 1 set of cardstock of each color family, and I would be getting more cardstock in the main kit I could easily do with out the cardstock in the add on kit. That would make the kit worth $78.55 if my math is correct. ( I have the figures put away, I am working off my feeble brain)

So, I could order it for $50.00 or I could wait and order it on my first order with the 30% off and only pay $54.98 and that would apply to my $300. My figures may be off a bit but it should be close.

Seems like a better "business" deal for me that way. I am planning that the first $300 will probably be all my purchases anyway so I might as well work it to my best advantage.

Missy
The other thing to remember is that if the month in which you place your 30% off order goes over $400 in total sales, you will also get an additional volume rebate, so the items you purchase will be that much cheaper. I wouldn't necessarily count on that in your calculations (unless you already have another $400 budgeted for your first order :twisted but it's something to keep in mind -- the discount percentage could go higher than 30%.
Reply With Quote Likes