Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-20-2007, 02:36 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Default Price for Cards

I have a friend who wants to pay to to do first communion cards for her child. What do you charge for that type of thing? Do you charge "per card" or do you charge one price for the whole set? I've never made them for anyone before but I'd love to do them!
Thanks

My Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CardsByPia
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-21-2007, 04:34 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I usually charge a flat rate per set if i am doing more then one...

a good rule of thumb is 3-4X's your cost of material - so if the material cost of making one card is .50 cents then $1.50-2 per card is not unreasonable...

I usually price my cards at $2 per card or 6 for $10 - whenever I am doing a swap or playing around I always make extras and those go in my "to Sell stash"

If I am making specific cards for someone - my rate varies depending on the # of cards they want and how time consuming it is...if you work in an assembly line fashion you can get 20 or more basic cards done in an hour...easily...I will tell you the more cards they buy the lower per card cost...I had someone order 40 cards - very simple 2 layers, straight stamping with a touch of ribbon - took me about 2 hours - i charged them $55 for the whole set - my material cost for making all 40 cards was right about $12 - so my "profit" was $43 - not bad for 2 hours of work...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!