Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Poppin' Pastels - HELP! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/poppin-pastels-help-77131/)

Superfan 08-10-2005 04:19 AM

Poppin' Pastels - HELP!

I have been wanting to try the popping pastels technique since I saw the technique booklet, but when I tried it yesterday, it didn't do what it was supposed to! I used Whisper White cs and rubbed on some Perfect Plum from my pastels with a cotton ball. When I stamped my flower image over top with my Versamark, all that it did was stick on top of my Perfect Plum. Isn't it supposed to "peel off" the pastel where you stamp?

It still looks pretty neat the way it turned out, but not what I was looking for. Any tips? Thanks in advance!

cathystamps 08-10-2005 04:29 AM

I haven't tried this yet, but I thought you were supposed to stamp the image in Versamark first and then apply the pastels over that. Hopefully one of the experts will jump in here.

Stamping in Faith 08-10-2005 04:33 AM

poppin pastels

Yes you do stamp the versamarked image first. And also depends on how hard you rub as to how "popped" the image gets! The sponge daubers are great for this. Good luck

tesno 08-10-2005 04:45 AM

You can also use the white craft pad. Stamp your image with the white first then apply the pastels. To set the color, spray with a sealer. The pastels will really pop. Terri

row4d 08-10-2005 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfan
I have been wanting to try the popping pastels technique since I saw the technique booklet, but when I tried it yesterday, it didn't do what it was supposed to! I used Whisper White cs and rubbed on some Perfect Plum from my pastels with a cotton ball. When I stamped my flower image over top with my Versamark, all that it did was stick on top of my Perfect Plum. Isn't it supposed to "peel off" the pastel where you stamp?

It still looks pretty neat the way it turned out, but not what I was looking for. Any tips? Thanks in advance!

If I remember correctly, what you did is called "Pullin' Pastels", which I think is supposed to work better on darker CS (perhaps because it's not ultrasmooth?). Similar names, totally different techniques! ;)

Superfan 08-10-2005 09:32 AM

Thanks for the info everyone - greatly appreciated! I will try using darker cardstock - it's the "Pullin' Pastels" technique that I was after!!!

Thanks

laciann 09-08-2005 09:59 AM

Are ther any pictures of either of these techniqes?

Stampin Wrose 09-08-2005 11:56 PM

I think if you search the gallery you'll find some. Yup. If you type in the search box, "Pullin' Pastels" it will bring up only 6 examples.

Poppin' Pastels brings up about 35 PAGES. LOL

Have fun!!

GMDrakos 09-09-2005 12:18 AM

So for Pullin' Pastels you cover your cardstock with white chalk and then Versamark over it?
TIA,
~Gina

Stampin Wrose 09-09-2005 01:17 AM

Not just white... any color or a blend! Whatever you like. :) I played with it awhile back, basically I tried it on different colored scraps to see what I liked.