Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Poll: what stamps do you buy? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/poll-what-stamps-do-you-buy-48661/)

Joan B 05-04-2005 02:32 AM

Poll: what stamps do you buy?

Which company do you buy from

a. Stampin Up only
b. Almost always SU but a few stamps from other companies
c. Equally SU with other companies
d. Mainly other companies, but some SU
e. Other companies, never buy SU

emilymomto3boys 05-04-2005 02:58 AM

Aside from Michaels $1 stamps, I only buy SU. I think it helps me curtail my spending to only buy their's! I can't imagine how much I would spend if I started buying other company's too!!

Leah H 05-04-2005 03:32 AM

The only store I'm "unfaithful" to SU with is Stamppeddler in Northville, MI. I generally buy phrase stamps there, because there are more than I want or need in most SU sets. Maybe I don't say "Thank You" enough to people. I definitely don't have any "Perfect Friends". :)

Rox71 05-04-2005 03:36 AM

My stamps

First off I'm not a demo for SU. I can understand why someone would use only the products coming from the company they work for in a workshop but there are so many nice designs out there it would be hard to me to use only one company.

I don't make any money on my stamping and do a lot for charity so any bargain is a real deal for me and that includes buying second hand. Store resale or online resale works okay for me too. I have many SU sets and other company products also that are purchased new. I do often buy unmounted stamps and have my husband cut the wood for me to save money. I�m not opposed to taking anything for free either and always find a use for it!

Rox

ladylinks 05-04-2005 03:40 AM

I only bought SU! until recently. I bought the hero arts ribbon stamp ( haven't used it yet) and a birthday salutation from hero arts (used once). Before I knew about SU! I bought a few others. I NEVER use the stamps I bought before I knew about SU! They are cute, but I like SU! so much better. Maybe I feel like a traitor or something! Who knows, but I just don't like them anymore!

Kim Mayfield 05-04-2005 03:55 AM

Before I was a demo I bought lots of other stamps. Now I tend to just buy what I can demo. There are a lot of other cute stamps out there, though.

born_to_stamp 05-04-2005 04:13 AM

I have a few stamps (I can count how many on my fingers and toes) that are not SU!, but once I was introduced to SU! I have bought nothing but SU! - this was even before I became a demo (I always knew I would be a demo) :)

christyf 05-04-2005 04:29 AM

I used to buy other stamps, but now I stick to SU only. The other ones are just too expensive. I used to pay $8 for ONE largish stamp!! No way, I don't do that anymore.

JanTInk 05-04-2005 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah H
The only store I'm "unfaithful" to SU with is Stamppeddler in Northville, MI. I generally buy phrase stamps there, because there are more than I want or need in most SU sets. Maybe I don't say "Thank You" enough to people. I definitely don't have any "Perfect Friends". :)

Yes, that is a place that I have spent major bucks at myself :-)

As a demo, I use mostly SU!, but I like unusual phrases, like "We've been through a lot together...and most of it was your fault!" I also have a stamp of a Diet Coke can that you will not get away from me anytime soon! I also like angel stamps and we have a very limited selection of those.

I like Penny Black, Hero Arts, and Uptown Designs...so if there is something I absolutely can't resist, it's usually in those companies' catalogs! So I try not to look at them when I go to the stamp store...out of sight, out of mind, I say, LOL!

CPLN4 05-04-2005 04:53 AM

I'm not a demo, but mostly SU!, with a couple here and there from Walmart and Michael's.

Jovi 05-04-2005 05:20 AM

I buy SU, CTMH, Penny Black, Great Impressions........ the list goes on and on ;) If I like the image I don't care who makes it, I buy it!

MonTigg 05-04-2005 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boys
Aside from Michaels $1 stamps, I only buy SU. I think it helps me curtail my spending to only buy their's! I can't imagine how much I would spend if I started buying other company's too!!

That's me to a T!

IreneM 05-04-2005 06:22 AM

Im not a demo but like the prices, design and quality of SU! However, I am a sucker for Magenta stamps.

Klarson 05-04-2005 06:29 AM

I have a yahoo group where we do weekly swaps, and you can only use Stampin up stamps, so because of that I only buy SU stamps.

rawbanana 05-04-2005 06:38 AM

mostly SU! but I have a few CTMH sets that I love and plan to get an alphabet set from them maybe this month. I just love that I can pop all the letters I need onto one block and then stamp! Great when I am making monogrammed stationery =)
I have also just started looking at TAC and may get a few sets from them, but for the most part, its SU! all the way baby! =)

Anna

scrown8301 05-04-2005 06:46 AM

When I first was introduced to stamping way back when, I bought a few single stamps from Wal~Mart and Michael's. When I bought my first SU!stamps I bought nothing but those. I have kept the other stamps and mostly use those to show at WS's to show my customer's the difference between store bought stamps and SU! stamps. I had actually never heard of any other stamp companies until not to long ago. I have seen CTMH and I didn't really like any of those. I have heard about TAC but never seen anything they have so I just stick with SU! now.

JJBrooks 05-04-2005 06:54 AM

SU! I am a demo! Plus I like everything to match and coordinate!

Mrs Noofy 05-04-2005 06:57 AM

A few Hero Arts when I first started stamping, mostly verses and sayings until I met my "Stamp Pusher". Now I am addicted to SU to the point of maddness. I still do a few $ stamps from Michaels, Walmart etc. but I never stray from my main supplier! SU!!

Laurie FW 05-04-2005 07:01 AM

I buy mostly SU! and I am not a demo. Recently, however, I needed to make a sympathy card and had not a single stamp that was appropriate (except for thinking of you), so I bought a Hero Arts stamp at my local craft store (and it was expensive, but I *needed* it!) I favor Hero Arts the most after SU!, and usually buy sentiments from them. I just like to have different fonts for things like Happy Mother's Day and Happy Father's Day, as well as Happy Birthday.

qcbetty 05-04-2005 07:58 AM

I buy about 90% or more SU stamps. Love the sets, and that many stamps in a set is a bonus!

Most LSS's (none here, but when I'm off my rock!) are bloody expensive for single stamps. If I LOVE it, I buy it.

Otherwise, it's SU all the way for me!

TMurhpmom 05-04-2005 08:17 AM

What stamps do you buy?

I buy only SU! I am a demo, so that contributes to my sales. Also, I don't have a lot of money to play with anyway and the stamps that I buy, I need to be able to use in my workshops for demonstrations. I have other stamps that I bought before becoming a demo, but they are rarely used now. Most of them have been replace with the SU! stuff.

shersheri 05-04-2005 08:27 AM

I buy only SU because I want to be able to use them in my business. HOWEVER, I want the ribbon stamps!!! I am waiting to see if there is anything in the new catty close to them, if not I am going to have to be unfaithful!!!

AZShann 05-04-2005 09:42 AM

I'm not a demo, so if I like an image, I get it. However, most of my sets are SU. Some of the one off's are not SU.

stamps&cars 05-04-2005 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi
I buy SU, CTMH, Penny Black, Great Impressions........ the list goes on and on ;) If I like the image I don't care who makes it, I buy it!

Variety is the spice of life. SU has great variety but if I see something that fits into my style, I don't care who makes it. I purchased a lot of great unmounteds at a recent convention that I really love!

jkstieber 05-04-2005 11:01 AM

I have a few stamps that aren't SU, mostly word and verse stamps because I feel that SU is somewhat limiting because all of the word sets have stamps in them I would never use. However, I think I'm going to start buying my word stamps from SU anyway because I just can't stand to buy any more $8 stamps! I haven't been overly impressed with the $1 stamps at Michaels, most are not my style.

One company that I'm having trouble avoiding however, is Hero Arts. Their stamps are really cute and they sell a lot of sets which makes the price much better. Somehow it's much easier for me to pay $21 for 6 stamps than $8 for one stamp!

Julie

helen3mom 05-04-2005 11:05 AM

Ditto!

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boys

That just is about the same here! LOL!

Happy Heart 05-04-2005 11:36 AM

I buy mostly SU!, but do buy others, especially words and phrases. I just don't "get" some of the words included in SU!'s sets....like "Welcome" in the Fresh Fruits set and "delight" in Paint Prints. They have very limited use for card-making, IMO. Some of the verses included in the sets are too hoaky for me, too!

iris 05-04-2005 12:24 PM

I'm a SU demo, I haven't found any others I want more than SU!

There is one exception. Turtle :) I love that smiling face!

mamaof3insd 05-04-2005 12:43 PM

if it's cheap enough i'll buy it (worth the $$ for amount of stamps) other than that i've been sticking to SU. its easier and more cost effective for me..

ShadyStamper 05-04-2005 12:59 PM

I have only bought SU stamps. I started stamping because of a workshop I was invited too and after a while decided it would be worth it to become a demo! I am very happy with the variety and cost of the SU stamps. I have looked at a couple of stamp stores and haven't seen too much in them that I liked at a price I was willing to pay!

LotRFan 05-04-2005 01:48 PM

Mainly SU, but a few others. I find that I mostly just use my SU stamps. I've sold most of the other non SU sets I've had. I'm sticking pretty much to SU these days. They have pretty much everything a person could want.

amylou 05-04-2005 02:13 PM

I'm a SU Demo, so obviously I only buy SU stamps. I did buy an alphabet set (Mary Engelbreit I think) a long time ago before I was a Demo & was really disappointed with the wobbliness of teh stamps. I decided from that moment on I would never buy another stamp from anywhere other than SU! No wonder I am a Demo for them huh?? :)

LotRFan--LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!! (and yes, I'm yelling!!)

jeanstamping2 05-04-2005 08:16 PM

stamps

Well I buy Mostly TAC as I am a demo for them, But! I also buy SU stamps as well. And I own Penny Black stamps, House Mouse stamps, Hero Arts, Art Impression, Some North woods.

I like to stay well rounded in my stamping.

I've never used any CTMH stamps, I have a catalog....

Jay Dub 05-04-2005 09:06 PM

I have mostly SU but also have others (Hero Arts, Outlines and others). Most of the BRAND X ones I've bought on sale but some were just "must haves". I'm not a demo but I do love SU products and think they are the best value.....but they can't possibly cover all bases and sometimes you need a single stamp or something is just too great to pass up! Variety is the spice of life!!

lesliemommy 05-04-2005 09:28 PM

pretty much only SU! I have a few here and there that are not from SU! I would say about 15 individual.

Ahnna 05-04-2005 11:27 PM

98% of my stamps are SU sets... I'm always in search of Asian inspired stamps for my collection... so those are pretty much my non SU stamps (hope SU is coming out w/ two new set in the new catty) Almost forgot the Michael's $1.00 stamps I got last weekend.

HapKiDoChick93 05-05-2005 02:35 AM

su

Mostly Stampin up, but I do have some that I eather got from my sister in-law, or I bought from wal-mart. :)