Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-14-2005, 07:21 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Please help w/ Wedding Shower Favor Boxes

Hello!

I will be making approx. 100 party favor boxes. (the ones from SU). They are for my to-be sister-in-law. To keep cost down, I'll be choosing the pack of only very vanilla. I would love to make them out of pretty in pink, but that would be too expensive!!

I need your ideas!!! Please!! Can I still do a pretty background on vanilla cs? Which stamp set/embellishments would you recommend. Like most wedding showers themes, this one is to be 'simple elegance'. It is being held at our city's country club...just to give you an idea of the type of party it will be.

I really really appreciate any info. you most talented ladies can provide!!

-angie-
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2005, 04:33 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

I have seen some beautiful favor boxes done with the wheels, which for doing 100 I would think would be the best way to go -- I have done some with Love Swirls wheel and have seen Whimsical Blossoms done which I plan on getting soon as that is just beautiful as well.

I think for a country club setting they can look beautiful -- wheel up the boxes with the wheel (for vanilla the pretty in pink or regal rose would be beautiful) and then somewhere have a beautiful organdy ribbon bow or the metallic cording (or both). You could print out their names and cut them into tags and stamp that as well on the border (hey the tag maker punch would be good for that) and tie them on - how many place charge a fortune for stuff like that -- you could even print the names in color instead of black and they don't have to be a full tag, it could be just a strip type of tag -

I think you can have it look very classy looking -

Dayna

Editing to add - DUH I just looked in the catty and realize the party favor boxes COME with tags, so of course cutting your own tags is not needed. Maybe stamp one of the tags with an initial (like from the CLassic Caps stamp set) or order a personalized stamp with their names and the date to stamp. You could give the stamp to them afterward and they could use it for thank you notes or whatever - just cutting off the date afterward they would have their names on it for stamping Christmas cards, etc. (the text only stamp in script font).

Last edited by pigfingers; 10-15-2005 at 04:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2005, 05:48 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

Just an FYI for future projects http://creativecutsandmore.com sells a variety of diecuts including boxes, made to order in all the SU colors and many Bazill colors. Nothing on the site tells you about the paper, but when you click a particular product to select a paper color you'll see the SU paper names. They have a cute butterfly box I've used for a party favor. In all honesty, I'm just a lazy stamper who prefers stamping to any detailed cutting. I use their tag pocket cards all the time. FYI

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2005, 07:51 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Dayna, beautiful ideas! I had not considered using a wheel, but definately will look into that!!
Annette, thanks for the fyi on website! I've checked it out....it's really great!

-angie-
Reply With Quote Likes