Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Please help me choose a background stamp (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/please-help-me-choose-background-stamp-133292/)

PH in VA 03-29-2006 11:15 AM

Please help me choose a background stamp

I'm trying to decide what to order as my third background stamp for 1/2 off in April. I will definitely be ordering Linen and Floral.

I already own Canvas, Print Pattern, Soft Swirls, Stipple Plaid and Filigree. I also have a few backgrounds from other companies: a brick wall, a musical score, and a crackle-look one that is very similar to Weathered.

The poll choices are the remaining options I think I'd be likely to use most. I'm open to other opinions though.

Thanks in advance! :)

Ally 03-29-2006 11:29 AM

I voted crosshatch as I think it will work really well with the others you have.

Cassandranet 03-29-2006 11:32 AM

I voted for By Definition because it is different from the ones you have. It's nice to branch out a little! Esp for 1/2 price. :)

robbrd 03-29-2006 01:18 PM

I picked Fine Lace, just because it seems you don't have anything quite like it already. Word by Word and Crosshatch were the other choices though. They seem to be used a lot. I never would have said Word by Word, but there have been a lot of great uses in the gallery recent with that stamp and the words cut out.

By definition I'm probably in the minority, but I rarely use it.

Houndstooth isn't on your list. That one has really grown on me and again, there are some great samples in the gallery.

AZShann 03-29-2006 01:25 PM

I would say fine lace just because it's subtle. I am getting floral, linen, and linograph. I love that one.

I have by definition...just had to have it...and have only used it once. It just doesn't seem like it's universal for some reason. I absolutely love the french script one though.

craftycacky 03-29-2006 01:33 PM

Have you considered French Script? I don't have any of the backgrounds on your poll and that's the only one I own which you don't have. Have fun choosing!

handstampedhappiness 03-29-2006 01:36 PM

I voted for fine lace, it is so pretty. It just adds a little something, it's very subtle. I also think french script is a nice choice. They are beautiful layered together as well!

Lisa62 03-29-2006 03:41 PM

I really like crosshatch.i have seen lots of very cool ideas using these bg stamp it is one of the 3 on my list for this month also.I am also getting linen and dots and daisies.

Cynthia Wilson 03-29-2006 03:46 PM

Fine Lace is a great background. It works so nicely with floral stamps.

mamakimberly 03-29-2006 03:51 PM

I love fine lace!

ponygirl40 03-29-2006 04:17 PM

I have the ones that you mention, but don't use them much -- get canvas, French Script, Weathered or Print Pattern!

Soozie4Him 03-29-2006 08:20 PM

I voted for Fine Lace, but I highly recommend Floral too! And Houndstooth! <G>

Susan

travelinscrapper 03-29-2006 09:30 PM

I voted for Fine Lace.It's so elegant looking and soft.
AHHHH heck just order them all....LOL

jenmason 03-29-2006 10:20 PM

french script or cross hatch

stampinupsunshine 03-29-2006 11:21 PM

print pattern is best by far so many ways you can use it , kind of like a little black dress it goes with everything

blujay 03-30-2006 12:50 AM

ok I voted before I read original post. You have the same likes that I do in the backgrounds, which I love sooo much. I only have filigree, canvas, and lace. (Lace is nice, but it is also a bit faint, or light). I am going to order floral, either linen or weathered ??, but the last recommendation I have for you is French Script. It will be on my order. Did you look up samples under each to help you? I think it is a very personal thing, we all have different tastes and styles. Choose what you think you will get most use out of. Good Luck :)

PH in VA 03-30-2006 04:29 PM

Bumping for more input. :)

jsbrooketrout 03-30-2006 04:46 PM

I would have voted for fine lace, bu then I noticed that you didn't have french script!! That one is a must !!!!!!! Either of these would be great, but of the 2, I vote for french script!!

StampinChrissylea 03-30-2006 04:53 PM

I love print pattern and Ephemera is a favorite of mine...check out my gallery for some of those!

Palapala 03-31-2006 09:31 AM

Fine Lace is my choice, of the moment....

I love Fine Lace, but I also love French Script. Fine Lace is the thought of the moment, but if you've ever seen one of my wishlists, you'd see how much that could change!

Glittergal 03-31-2006 11:28 AM

I voted for something else - you already have a nice group of bg stamps, but I have to say, French Script is soooo versatile and always looks nice.

dawnmercedes 03-31-2006 11:34 AM

Since I'd like cross hatch, that's what I voted for!

kellymartin 03-31-2006 11:39 AM

I voted for Crosshatch, but I think I would bump Linen since you already have Canvas and also go for French Script...it looks awesome layered with so many of the other bg's...especially Print Pattern.

egoh510 03-31-2006 12:45 PM

Darn...there isn't a vote for all of the above!! :) I vote for word by word since like one of the previous voter--it's different than your other "bg"

PH in VA 04-01-2006 04:35 PM

BTT... anyone else in the weekend crowd want to answer? :D

lynnewithane 04-01-2006 05:00 PM

There's 4 on your list. I say get one half price, then get three more. You'll have all of the ones on your list, and there may never be a deal like this again! I'm going to get 6.

michlz319 04-01-2006 05:08 PM

I LOVE my print pattern. I also use it with French Script. I do the script right over the top of PP. Sounds wierd, but it looks awesome!

stu 04-02-2006 09:57 AM

I voted for Crosshatch--I have that and it has been pretty versitile and would add another style to your collection. One not mentioned yet that I am considering for the April special is Dots and Daisies from the mini catalog--have you considered that as an option?

I also would second blujay's comment above to look at samples--doing a search for each of the backgrounds and checking out the gallery to see how they actually look when used in projects is helping me narrow down which ones I'll be getting!

kimber4m 04-02-2006 09:59 AM

I too vote for French Script or Fine Lace. I love both of them. They are both so pretty and just soften up your cards. Just my opinion though. You really can't go wrong with any of them.