Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   pinterest question (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/pinterest-question-570690/)

SuG 03-25-2013 07:07 AM

pinterest question

not exactly stamping, but crafty related: I am panicking :) pinterest has a bulletin posted that they will have a new look coming soon. I hate learning new things that are not necessary. I can go and relax looking through my pinterest boards and not have to think. Does anyone know what they are doing? I don't know of a place I can find a sample of the new look.

lesliespringer 03-25-2013 07:33 AM

Where did you see this notice on pintrest?

lesliespringer 03-25-2013 07:44 AM

Nothing new to learn. Just changes in bigger pics for reading and back button will work to take you back to were you were on a page. Straight from Pintrest.

We wanted to make things simpler and cleaner, without requiring you to learn anything new. What you’ll find are some subtle but useful changes, like bigger pins, so you see more of what you love.

We also responded to some feedback from pinners who told us they hated losing their place while browsing. Now, when you scroll through pins and click on something that interests you, the back button lands you right back where you were no matter how far you’ve gone.

Finally, we rebuilt the foundation on which the website is built. This makes Pinterest more reliable for you and easier to improve for us.

Share your thoughts

Thanks so much to everyone who tested our ideas and gave us invaluable feedback along the way. If you have any other feedback or comments, please leave them below.

Happy pinning!

—Jason Wilson, Lead Product Designer, Currently obsessed with pinning to photography.

Looks like the changes should be no big deal to learn. should be no problem to continue with pintrest. Hope this helps you out.

SuG 03-25-2013 07:51 AM

where did you find this? thanks.

weims 03-25-2013 08:15 AM

I switched over this weekend. It popped up when I got in and gave me the option of switching now or later, so I switched. It doesn't look much (if any) different, just bigger thumbnails. Nothing major at all.

SuG 03-25-2013 08:20 AM

ok it is great. See nothing to worry about, sometimes change is good :)

lesliespringer 03-25-2013 08:20 AM

I went to the "About Tab" Click "Blog" Tab Went to Monday March 18 2013
Article "Our New Look, More Ways To Discover What You Love"

All Info is in that article. I never ventured anywhere beyond my pinning page, so Thank You. I know know Pintrest has a Blog! LOL!

shazsilverwolf 03-25-2013 08:34 AM

As some have already said, there is no new stuff to learn, or do. Its just bigger thumbnails really. Mine came up with the option at the top to try it now or wait- I thought I'd jump before I got pushed lol! Then held my breath. But its fine, really.

Tinkerbell1958 03-25-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuG (Post 20078481)
not exactly stamping, but crafty related: I am panicking :) pinterest has a bulletin posted that they will have a new look coming soon. I hate learning new things that are not necessary. I can go and relax looking through my pinterest boards and not have to think. Does anyone know what they are doing? I don't know of a place I can find a sample of the new look.

It's fine - I already have the new look. The pictures are bigger and to get to the categories you have go to the left of your computer screen and pick from an icon
___
___
___

Piece of cake.

canada goose 03-25-2013 03:44 PM

Pinterest question

I don't mean to hi jack this thread but have a question as well. I used to go onto Pinterest simply by typing in the name and was to browse, until recently when you now have to log in or you can't access.So I downloaded the app on my iPad and joined up. BUT now when I see an interesting image I am not able To "save the image" to my iPad when on Pinterest. .can someone now explain why I cannot do this now that I have joined Pinterest, I miss this feature and thought I would ask this before going to the apple store. Thanks for all and any advice.

Diane Long 03-25-2013 04:47 PM

I'm with you. Took me long enough to learn something the first time. Don't want to have to re-learn it. I wonder if there are any changes with mobile devices. Pinterest doesn't always work the same/show same features on certain devices. Wish we could save our boards or print them

cardmaker2 03-25-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1958 (Post 20079097)
It's fine - I already have the new look. The pictures are bigger and to get to the categories you have go to the left of your computer screen and pick from an icon
___
___
___

Piece of cake.

Yup! It's great and nothing to worry about.

canada goose 03-25-2013 10:18 PM

Pinterest question

Well Silly old me! I started experimenting on Pinterest and learned how to pin and save my individual images. Not as fast as the camera roll on iPad but it works.Patting myself on the back.lol

JoBear2 03-26-2013 02:47 AM

I switched over today and had no problems. I think it's much better and seems to be 'smoother'. Often, I would be missing pictures in amongst what I was looking at before but now the pictures seem to load more quickly and easily and I am not missing anyway. It also seems less jerky as it loads the pictures - heaps better!

If you are having problems, on the far RHS at the top where your name is, click on the arrow to reveal a drop-down box, then click on Help Center which will open in a new window. You will see a list of Known Issues.

There is also "Pinterest's new look" at this Help Center Page which you can click on too and this will give you detailed information as to what changes Pinterest have made with the new look. Hope this helps!

allee's 03-26-2013 05:33 AM

I love it, but I can no longer find how to email an invitation to a friend. What's up with that?

Crafts 03-26-2013 05:50 AM

Hi, Lynn -- Pinterest no longer requires an invitation to join. It's now open to anyone.

allee's 03-26-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafts (Post 20080490)
Hi, Lynn -- Pinterest no longer requires an invitation to join. It's now open to anyone.

Good to know! Thanks, Judi!

lantana 03-26-2013 09:20 AM

Pinterest

I like the new Pinterest format but the one thing that I don't like is that you can no longer see who "liked" or "repinned" your pins. At least, I can't tell who liked or repinnined.