Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Pine branch + pinecone? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/pine-branch-pinecone-590543/)

gingerd 08-05-2014 06:48 AM

Pine branch + pinecone?

I'm trying to find a couple of stamps. I'm looking for a pine branch that is separate from a pinecone.

Those that I've been able to find aren't proportional to each other. The branch ends up small and the cone large.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA

maryrose 08-05-2014 07:08 AM

Here's one:

https://www.papertreyink.com/stamps/...nes-stamp-set/

Angelnorth 08-05-2014 08:04 AM

Waltzingmouse Stamps has a nice set called Festive Foliage - you can build a branch with the two separate sprigs as well as there being foliage around one cone (and separate cones in two sizes, as well).

ETA: Sorry, just noticed it's out of stock at the moment but if you like it, you can get notified when it's back, just use the green tab on the right hand side of the page.

gingerd 08-05-2014 08:17 AM

Thanks much ladies! I'm going to check out both of these sites.

maryrose 08-05-2014 08:20 AM

Stampin' Up will also have a new set in the Holiday Mini called Ornamental Pine. It features a separate pinecone, pine branch, and ornament. Hope that helps!

jeannie barron 08-05-2014 08:44 AM

The new set from Stampin' Up! is very nice!

gingerd 08-05-2014 10:10 AM

How large is the pine bough? What I've seen they are kinda small. I like the one from Papertrey. It looks to be large enough.

Cook22 08-05-2014 10:15 AM

You don't mention what size you want. You might be able to find SU's Peaceful Wishes (Peaceful Wishes Index by galleryindex - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers) on eBay for a good price. Since I got mine quite cheaply I haven't been watching it ever since so I don't know how popular it is.

PikkuLilla 08-05-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22 (Post 20712279)
You don't mention what size you want. You might be able to find SU's Peaceful Wishes (Peaceful Wishes Index by galleryindex - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers) on eBay for a good price. Since I got mine quite cheaply I haven't been watching it ever since so I don't know how popular it is.

I love my Peaceful Wishes stamp set :)

gingerd 08-05-2014 11:31 AM

Peaceful wishes is a nice set, but the pinecone is huge compared to the pine bough. Why do they do that??? Ughhhh........

Thanks much

PikkuLilla 08-05-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerd (Post 20712360)
Peaceful wishes is a nice set, but the pinecone is huge compared to the pine bough. Why do they do that??? Ughhhh........

Thanks much

Do you really think so? I think they're quite in proportion, but then some trees have tiny cones and others have big ones, so maybe it's just what each person is used to...

Cook22 08-05-2014 12:52 PM

It's always seemed proportional to me or I wouldn't have suggested it :D. The pine tree we had in our garden at home, the cones were definitely big.

Glitter Gypsy 08-05-2014 01:45 PM

It's extra work but with a bit of masking, you could stamp extra branch pieces to make it more proportional. Just a thought...

jeannie barron 08-05-2014 03:17 PM

I really think you will like the new set(Ornamental Pine), but it isn't available until the end of the month.

stampin stacy 08-06-2014 05:07 AM

how about Rubber Stamp Tapestry: Photo Gallery

LouisvilleCards 08-06-2014 09:51 AM

Ornamental Pine by SU, now available.

gingerd 08-06-2014 09:57 AM

I just tried to look at Ornamental Pine. It doesn't appear when I search SU's site.

maryrose 08-06-2014 12:02 PM

It is not available until the end of this month, when the holiday catalog is featured. We're just getting sneak peeks of it now. Expect to see it soon when the demos start posting their projects! (But you can get a sneak peek of it if you look for the link featured in the thread "Any SU Holiday Mini sightings?".) Hope that helps!

Allistamps123 08-07-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeannie barron (Post 20712652)
I really think you will like the new set(Ornamental Pine), but it isn't available until the end of the month.

That's what I thought too! That catty ROCKS!

jeanstamping2 08-20-2014 09:54 AM

I have the Ornamental Pine Stamp set from Stampin' Up! The branch is large and the pine cone is smaller.

Here is the gallery Link for the Ornamental Pine set:

You'll be able to tell just how big everything is from this set.

RiverIsis 08-20-2014 10:12 AM

Came across this set from Stampendous - http://www.stampendous.com/products-...ber-stamp-set/

9or18holes 08-20-2014 01:30 PM

I like SU's Fantastic Foliage:

Stampin Up Fantastic Foliage Set of 8 Wood Stamps Autumn Leaves Fall Pinecone | eBay

It's retired, but often available on either eBay or Etsy.

Boss 08-21-2014 12:27 PM

Found this current listing on eBay - it's a random grouping of pine bough pine one stamps. No bid yet so it might be just what you are looking for. The little pinecone I recognize from an ancient SU Christmas foliage set that had cardinals. It is my favorite little cone & I separated it from the set so it was easy to find & use.

Lot of Five Pine Pinecone Stamps | eBay

Opps! Just realized that isn't the wee pinecone I'm thinking of. I'm away from home and can't check this. Anyone recall that old set with the cardinals and stamps that had lots of little clusters of boughs, poinsettias, ribbons & birds?

gingerd 08-21-2014 06:32 PM

Thanks for the ideas ladies! I'm still looking to figure out what to do.

KristaTracy 08-22-2014 01:58 PM

The card sample for Ornamental Pine in the holiday mini is really gorgeous!

What color paper is that?

allamericanstampers 08-22-2014 06:59 PM

Pine Boughs are always one of my favorite Christmas-y stamps! I have an old SU set and am excited by the new bough stamp A Muse Studio has coming out 1 Sep. The set has ornaments too so it sounds like it might be similar (at least in idea!) to the new SU one coming out as well, but it doesn't have a pine cone. :)

kathleenh 08-22-2014 07:20 PM

Another vote for Ornamental Pine. It is gorgeous and so real looking! It looks in good proportion to me.

Let us know what you decide to go with!