Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   photopolymer printers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/photopolymer-printers-585551/)

SophieLaFontaine 03-20-2014 09:59 PM

photopolymer printers

I know photopolymer printers already exist, although I have the impression that they are expensive and more for engineers or product designers to make prototypes of projects. I hope one day that these printers (and the photopolymer) will become cheap enough so that a lot of stampers can own one if they wished to, and that digi artists can sell a version of their digis specifically for such printers (with some sort of code that can prevent multiple printings of course). Then they can still sell digis and customers would have the option of turning that digi into an actual photopolymer stamp! That would be soooooooooooo neat!

This would be one technological development that would have me buying tons and tons of digis!

gregzgurl 03-21-2014 03:25 AM

Sounds exciting, but I'm wondering if it would open a can of worms. I can't see how they could protect against multiple printings... Of course, I'm not literate in coding, so there's that...

RiverIsis 03-21-2014 03:50 AM

The coding is already there if you think about going to concerts that are ticketless - you scan your credit card as your ticket and it admits you (and however many ticket holders you have with you). Or maybe more similar to printing postage at home...

This would be same principle.

HeatherHolbrook 03-21-2014 07:04 AM

You might want to look into the Stampmaker from Photocentric, I have one and really like it. You buy packs of polymer and use a negative printed on acetate sheets to "bake" the stamps in the machine. I've turned several of my favorite digis into clear stamps that way.

SophieLaFontaine 03-21-2014 08:14 AM

Huh! Thanks Heather!

SkyNacho 03-21-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherHolbrook (Post 20566617)
You might want to look into the Stampmaker from Photocentric, I have one and really like it. You buy packs of polymer and use a negative printed on acetate sheets to "bake" the stamps in the machine. I've turned several of my favorite digis into clear stamps that way.

I trust that you've made sure the companies' angel policies allow that... Tiddly Inks (which just happened to be the first company I could think of to go check), for example, specifically prohibits turning their digi images into stamps.

SophieLaFontaine 03-21-2014 02:51 PM

Ooh yikes. I'm guessing that's 'cause Tiddly Inks ALSO sells photopolymer stamps? But I guess they also sell a great deal of digis that do not come as stamps (I have never checked out their digi section). If I had the Stampmaker I would definitely email the digi creator before buying a digi to make sure I had permission. I would never buy a digi to print out.

Hallupino 03-21-2014 06:06 PM

I've been eying the Teresa Collins Stampmaker for a while but haven't tried it yet. I've seen it on the Stampington web store (The Shoppe at Somerset):
Teresa Collins Stampmaker Kit - Stampington

HeatherHolbrook 03-27-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNacho (Post 20566786)
I trust that you've made sure the companies' angel policies allow that... Tiddly Inks (which just happened to be the first company I could think of to go check), for example, specifically prohibits turning their digi images into stamps.

Even for personal use? I could see they wouldn't allow you to make a stamp and sell it from their image but how is printing a digi and stamping a digi again and again any different?