Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-28-2006, 03:05 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want Chocolate?

I'll give you some if you can help me come up with some fun, twisted, quirky, humor for a gift.

Here's the story...My boss ran away and got married! This is a 58 year old man who had said he'd never marry. Granted he and his new wife have been together for several years and everyone is very happy for them:smile: but they didn't tell anyone. Not family, friends, employees, co-workers - No one. Now I've been asked to make a "funny" gift for them that we could present at the all staff Christmas party, which is this Friday morning!?!?!

They both have a great sense of humor and are loving all the shocked looks they're getting, so what I have so far is an address book that I'm going to alter and a "half" thought up name. My co-workers want to use the shock value back at them with the implied "How to avoid a Shot Gun Wedding." However, since what I've got to use is an address book I'd like to use A-Z in the title also...So can you be bribed? Do you have any ideas for me? I'm begging here, help, help, help!

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 03:16 PM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

no ideas, sorry! But good luck - can't wait to hear/see what you come up with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 03:19 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

How about something like who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 03:48 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmm...I'll run it by my DH later when he calls, he's amazingly clever with puns like that!
Old 11-28-2006, 04:50 PM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

http://www.budget101.com/survival_kits.htm

Try this website. Someone else just posted it for something else. Maybe try the Newlyweds survival kit. It's more "cute" than funny, but maybe you can put your own funny twist on it.
Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 08:14 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

How about random, quirky advice or quotes that corresponds/starts with each letter? Like M - Mistakes "A married man should forget his mistakes; no use two people remembering the same thing." Duane Dewel. or C - Communication "I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her." Rodney Dangerfield. P - Phone Etiquette "Wives are people who think it's against the law not to answer the phone when it rings."
Rita Rudner. B - Birthdays "Marriage is the alliance of two people, one of whom never remembers birthdays and the other who never forgets them."
Ogden Nash.

Mix in some "real" advice: L - Love Say "I love you" every day. Mean it.

Or some off beat ones: A - Arguments. Never go to bed angry...stay up and fight it out!

For a title....maybe "Marriage A to Z" subtitled..."since you didn't ask!" And I'd poll your coworkers for their input - it'll make it easier on you to not have to come up with all of it, and they'll feel more a part of the gift for the lucky couple. Good luck...hope you'll share your finished book with us (I know you're pressed for time) or let us know what they think!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 08:55 PM   #7  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapworking
How about random, quirky advice or quotes that corresponds/starts with each letter? Like M - Mistakes "A married man should forget his mistakes; no use two people remembering the same thing." Duane Dewel. or C - Communication "I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her." Rodney Dangerfield. P - Phone Etiquette "Wives are people who think it's against the law not to answer the phone when it rings."
Rita Rudner. B - Birthdays "Marriage is the alliance of two people, one of whom never remembers birthdays and the other who never forgets them."
Ogden Nash.

Mix in some "real" advice: L - Love Say "I love you" every day. Mean it.

Or some off beat ones: A - Arguments. Never go to bed angry...stay up and fight it out!

For a title....maybe "Marriage A to Z" subtitled..."since you didn't ask!" And I'd poll your coworkers for their input - it'll make it easier on you to not have to come up with all of it, and they'll feel more a part of the gift for the lucky couple. Good luck...hope you'll share your finished book with us (I know you're pressed for time) or let us know what they think!

Sharon
This one sure sounds like a winner to me! (I may have to "borrow" it for future use...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 09:24 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

made me think of 'Runaway Bride' movie...
but put a runaway groom & bride on the loads of love truck that is altered to say UPS and..." I don't know where they are goin' but...they're sure to get there by 8 am...! "
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 04:36 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Sounds like they kept the marriage low-key, low-profile and while corporate cultures vary- I think it might be a faux pas to try to be funny. I would suggest being nice - maybe little white frosted cupcakes so everybody can have a little piece of wedding cake.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 06:18 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Thanks everyone for your input

This couple has a great sense of humor and they are getting a lot of mileage out of the shock value of their marriage. They are totally loving that they are shocking everyone

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Reply With Quote Likes