Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #161  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
It annoys me when companies introduce products at CHA and then it may be 6 months before we can buy them. I become enthused when I see the new products , but frequently I lose interest while waiting and just go on to buy something else.
I went to CHA June 2010. Intending to buy new releases of Spellbinders(that of course have been advertised for months). With my pocket full of cash, so excited, I walked up to their booth to be informed that the new releases would be out in September.

I asked why they have been advertising for so long if they were not going to be available at CHA for June. That was when I found out they were made over sea's.

It took until Feb 2011 for me to obtain these "New Releases".

Needless to say I am no longer on the "bandwagon" for Spellbinders. If I see them available. I may get them. I am now "An Equal Opportunity Die Cut Owner" :p
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #162  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post

Needless to say I am no longer on the "bandwagon" for Spellbinders. If I see them available. I may get them. I am now "An Equal Opportunity Die Cut Owner" :p
It isn't just Spellbinders. Look at the wait for the Envelop punch from We Are Memory Keepers . Remember the iTop Brad maker? How long did people wait to get a Vagabond after it was introduced? "Many" companies do this. I could understand if they ordered an amount of items they thought would sell but ran out of them so we had to wait. To me it seems counter-productive to show us stuff we can't buy for months. So I no longer look at videos or pictures of the stuff showcased at CHA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #163  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Reading about peeves with online shopping, mine is websites that don't tell you something is out of stock, until your order arrives! There is one particular one over here, I've had it happen to me a couple of times with them- result is I don't order from them anymore. They may have changed their website by now, but I'll never know, I don't go back there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #164  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Quote:

It isn't just Spellbinders. Look at the wait for the Envelop punch from We Are Memory Keepers . Remember the iTop Brad maker? How long did people wait to get a Vagabond after it was introduced? "Many" companies do this. I could understand if they ordered an amount of items they thought would sell but ran out of them so we had to wait. To me it seems counter-productive to show us stuff we can't buy for months. So I no longer look at videos or pictures of the stuff showcased at CHA
At that moment in time, standing at the Spellbinders booth at CHA, I decided no manufacturer, or design team was EVER going to get me excited EVER again about a product again.

I craft when I want, how I want, with what I want, and with what make me Happy. AND I Do Not have to have the New "In" Products That will keep me "trendy" that will Bankrupt me and make my family starve ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2013, 06:30 AM   #165  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

I craft when I want, how I want, with what I want, and with what make me Happy. AND I Do Not have to have the New "In" Products That will keep me "trendy" that will Bankrupt me and make my family starve
I learned this one when I HAD to have the Fastenator (anyone remember it? Gigantic stapler with decorative staples that wouldn't fit in a regular stapler?) Oh, I have it. And I don't know if I've ever used it. Now I wait until something has been readily available for about 6 months and see if people are still crazy for it and using it. It's saved me quite a bit of $$. (The six months doesn't apply to things like new shapes of dies or new colors of inks - just to totally new products that might lose their luster rather quickly.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #166  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

It annoys me when companies introduce products at CHA and then it may be 6 months before we can buy them. I become enthused when I see the new products , but frequently I lose interest while waiting and just go on to buy something else.
I think the internet is partially to blame for this.

To my understanding, the point of CHA is to have the trade show six months ahead of time for retailers to come in, take a look, and place orders for their inventory so the wholesalers could order sufficient quantities from their manufacturers. Without wholesalers (the Crates and Basic Greys of the world) promoting the stuff directly to consumers, we would be none the wiser.

But yeah, now it's all over the interwebz and you can look but you can't have, and it is really frustrating.

I hope the companies realize that my attention span is not. that. long. One of two things happens when I see some preview like that: either I forget entirely or, if I do bookmark it, three months later when I clean out my bookmarks I go "Why did I ever bookmark that? Ugh." And then invariably I go buy something else that's in stock right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #167  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Here's my pet peeve, clicking on a Stampin' Up! card picture on Pinterest hoping to view a blog page with more info on how to make it, only to land on the home page of Stampin' Connection, which I don't have access to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #168  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
... Also, He has a "retreating" hairline, instead of receding. <snip>.
I'm sure you're correct in thinking the speaker doesn't realize that he's using the wrong word, but I think there is a certain appropriateness about his statement -- his hairline has retreated to the back of his head. ... :lol:
Dea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #169  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicholeCView Post
My pet peeve is that I have a bunch of stamp sets that I just can't get rid of. The only people who get the value of my NUM, retired sets are demos who don't want them because they can't use retired sets. "Normal" crafters don't want to pay more than $2 for a set with 6 or 8 stamps in it.
I must not be a normal crafter, then , because I quite happily pay $15 -$20 dollars, plus eBay shipping,for used SU sets. I'd probably go up to $25 for NUM if it was in line with the original price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #170  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 169 Likes on 122 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
I must not be a normal crafter, then , because I quite happily pay $15 -$20 dollars, plus eBay shipping,for used SU sets. I'd probably go up to $25 for NUM if it was in line with the original price.
Maybe I just have unpopular sets that nobody wants. :lol: I also don't know how to sell on ebay, so where i'm listing them probably has something to do with it too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2013, 06:26 AM   #171  
Hardware Hotshot

agree, a pet peeve; I just save other SU blog sites to my bloglovin reader site, instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancystampsView Post
Here's my pet peeve, clicking on a Stampin' Up! card picture on Pinterest hoping to view a blog page with more info on how to make it, only to land on the home page of Stampin' Connection, which I don't have access to.

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #172  
Hardware Hotshot

another recent pet peeve-catalogue demo lines that offer a product, then it's on back order until who knows how long. The demo probably has her money, the company has their money; and the customer has nothing to show, but wait for a purchase, she has paid for in full...........

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #173  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SU calls theirs Photopolymer stamps. The rest of the world calls them Clear Stamps. SU calls theirs Clear Mount. The rest of the stamping world calls them unmounted.

I love SU for lots of reasons but when they're behind trends and playing catch-up, they seem to try and make their version unique by using different terms. Again, they are WAY behind with the Washi Tape but somehow they are "introducing" it as something new.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #174  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by StamperDeaView Post
I'm sure you're correct in thinking the speaker doesn't realize that he's using the wrong word, but I think there is a certain appropriateness about his statement -- his hairline has retreated to the back of his head. ... :lol:
Dea
You are right - it is wrong and yet appropriate. Our family has gotten to saying "retreating" hairline, tongue in cheek, as a funny line.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #175  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicholeCView Post
"Normal" crafters don't want to pay more than $2 for a set with 6 or 8 stamps in it.
I just paid $20 for NUM Riot of Petals, one stamp, including postage! The number of stamps hasn't alot to do with the issue, because so many stamps in a set are gratuitous ones many stampers might never use. I buy used stamps often, and when I expect to pay a low price for a set it's because I can live without it and no one else wants it or they would be bidding more. If you don't want to sell that low, it's fun to go to the Play It Forward thread on the General Stamping Forum. You can give the set away there and pick up something you want more. I picked up a VERY old SU fruit set and gave away a relatively new Mark's Finest Papers set because I knew it was worth it to me. But it's not like you trade. Your conscience is your guide and the group that hangs there is fun.

And by the way, in general, I expect to pay 50-70% of the SU stamp sets' original value, and NUM has NO attraction that I can think of. But I've paid way over original value more times than I would like to admit, when I was new and didn't know how to find the original value.

Wouldn't a stamp lending library be fun?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #176  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerlily55View Post
SU calls theirs Photopolymer stamps. The rest of the world calls them Clear Stamps. SU calls theirs Clear Mount. The rest of the stamping world calls them unmounted.

I love SU for lots of reasons but when they're behind trends and playing catch-up, they seem to try and make their version unique by using different terms. Again, they are WAY behind with the Washi Tape but somehow they are "introducing" it as something new.
I can't really argue with you about the rest but, "photopolymer" is a type of clear stamp, and I am glad they make the distinction. Generally speaking, photopolymer stamps are of higher quality and are usually made in the USA or the UK. Unless a clear stamp is of a more "youthful style" that would be popular with my 15 and 13 year old stepdaughters, I steer away from the made in China "clear stamps" because I would like them to last longer. Some of the smaller stamp makers that sell what they make on Etsy refer to their stamps as photopolymer. I use it as a key word when I search there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #177  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipperc98View Post
Interesting thread! Ok, I have one pet peeve that is not crafting related (I also get annoyed with myself and how frequently I drop pieces onto the floor)...my best friend says "Supposably" instead of "Supposedly" and it drives me crazy! I don't want to hurt her feelings mentioning it though....
Irregardless instead of regardless. I know it is a word but it is considered nonstandard. Besides, my high school English teacher said the correct word is regardless so it must be correct! ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #178  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerlily55View Post

Clear Mount was a bad choice on their part because it was confusing, but grumpygirl is right about "photopolymer" being a specific (and higher quality) type of clear stamp. It's descriptive of the material.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #179  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpygirl73View Post
I can't really argue with you about the rest but, "photopolymer" is a type of clear stamp, and I am glad they make the distinction. Generally speaking, photopolymer stamps are of higher quality and are usually made in the USA or the UK. Unless a clear stamp is of a more "youthful style" that would be popular with my 15 and 13 year old stepdaughters, I steer away from the made in China "clear stamps" because I would like them to last longer. Some of the smaller stamp makers that sell what they make on Etsy refer to their stamps as photopolymer. I use it as a key word when I search there.
Ok. I can see your point. I don't really use clear photopolymer stamps anyway, so I guess I have nothing to complain about. :rolleyes:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2013, 03:45 AM   #180  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
Clear Mount was a bad choice on their part because it was confusing, but grumpygirl is right about "photopolymer" being a specific (and higher quality) type of clear stamp. It's descriptive of the material.
Ah yes, that was a very mild pet peeve of mine when SU! came out with cling rubber stamps. I would always have to clarify with SU! stampers that I was talking about clear STAMPS (both the cheap silicone-like stamps AND the photopolymer) NOT clear-MOUNT stamps. But this minor pet peeve was overshadowed by the joy that now SU! WAS offering cling rubber stamps instead of only wood-mounted stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2013, 04:37 AM   #181  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I so agree with this description problem. To me, unmounted is bare rubber, cling is foam backed. Photopolymer are the best of the 'see-through' stamps, giving a good print, and long lasting. Clear are generally cheaper( though not always!), tend to 'squish' when you stamp with them, so the image is not as crisp, and have a tendency to go yellow & brittle over time. If only all companies thought the same way, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #182  
Matboard Maniac

Default Had to reply; please don't *** we all no acronyms!!!!

OK, seriously, please don't assume we all know acronyms like BRAKs.What other acronyms out there make you crazy?
Quote:

Originally Posted by buttons2View Post
Something that hasn't been mentioned and maybe it only irritates me is people who receive BRAKs or "newbie" cards and don't take the 30 seconds required to post a very quick thank you. It doesn't bother me if you aren't crazy about my card, I just want to know that the postman/woman got it to you. Am I too sensitive?

Wanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #183  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by montessorigrandmaView Post
OK, seriously, please don't assume we all know acronyms like BRAKs.What other acronyms out there make you crazy?
I think it stands for "birthday random act of kindness".

I get super annoyed reading a certain work-related newsletter where no one bothers to write out the entire acronym at the beginning of the article or column. There are work-related acronyms that are "PTI" and "CHF" and of COURSE when I read these, I am thinking "Papertrey!" and "Cornish Heritage Farms!" but I know that is NOT what they are, and then I get distracted and wish that I was reading a stamping-related newsletter instead. And then I get doubly annoyed when I interrupt my reading to go back to the beginning of the article to look for what those acronyms actually stand for, and then I get super annoyed when I realize that the writer never even bothered to clarify the acronym!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #184  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

You are right - it is wrong and yet appropriate. Our family has gotten to saying "retreating" hairline, tongue in cheek, as a funny line.
One of my daughters called it a "reclining" hairline, lol! She also coined words like "yesternight" (which should TOTALLY be a real word, in my opinion).

I have an aunt that says "a-glore", when she means "galore", flips people off by using her thumb (quite the opposite of the intended message, eh?), and alternately calls me "sweetheart" and "s***head" as terms of endearment. That whole side of the family says that they can't "phantom" things that they can't "fathom" - makes for some colorful conversation and interesting family gatherings...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #185  
Embossing Fanatic

Sue - I just wanted to say that your aunt sounds awesome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #186  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 123 Likes on 109 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
One of my daughters called it a "reclining" hairline, lol! She also coined words like "yesternight" (which should TOTALLY be a real word, in my opinion).
I like "yesternight"! That's a bit like the way my son frequently says "noon-thirty" when referring to 12:30 in the afternoon.

I have a couple of peeves relating to online challenges.

From the perspective of a challenge participant: It's very discouraging when a challenge blog sets rules, but seems to ignore them when choosing their weekly winners. (As an example: the challenge rules state to use only the colors pink, yellow and any neutrals, and the winning cards show pink and yellow flowers with lush green leaves and stems.)

From the perspective of a design team member: It's very disheartening when participants don't read and follow the challenge guidelines, which can result in fabulous cards not being eligible for weekly winners voting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #187  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieWillsView Post
Sue - I just wanted to say that your aunt sounds awesome.

Yeah - pretty much! Thanks for noticing...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #188  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by PH in VAView Post
I like "yesternight"! That's a bit like the way my son frequently says "noon-thirty" when referring to 12:30 in the afternoon.

I have a couple of peeves relating to online challenges.

From the perspective of a challenge participant: It's very discouraging when a challenge blog sets rules, but seems to ignore them when choosing their weekly winners. (As an example: the challenge rules state to use only the colors pink, yellow and any neutrals, and the winning cards show pink and yellow flowers with lush green leaves and stems.)

From the perspective of a design team member: It's very disheartening when participants don't read and follow the challenge guidelines, which can result in fabulous cards not being eligible for weekly winners voting.
I totally hear you on this! I used to host a challenge blog, and sometimes I was really hard-pressed to figure out how some of the cards entered into the challenge were even remotely connected! I emailed a couple of the participants to ask if they could please add a note that explained the connection, so it would be more apparent to others... Hard to know how to comment on them - on the one hand, I was grateful that they linked up at all; on the other hand, it made me wonder if they bothered to actually read the post that they linked up to!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #189  
Insane Embellisher

I recently paid for a mixed media class online, not the most expensive class, around $50 and every video it was like someone rushed into her kitchen in the middle of dinner and said "come out here we are shooting a video!" she spent so much time searching for her scissors or paint or brushes or whatever. I've never shot a video but I am thinking if you are doing a video class it would be similar to having a real class and you might be somewhat prepared. I probably wont take another one of her classes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #190  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
I totally hear you on this! I used to host a challenge blog, and sometimes I was really hard-pressed to figure out how some of the cards entered into the challenge were even remotely connected! I emailed a couple of the participants to ask if they could please add a note that explained the connection, so it would be more apparent to others... Hard to know how to comment on them - on the one hand, I was grateful that they linked up at all; on the other hand, it made me wonder if they bothered to actually read the post that they linked up to!
I'm convinced they don't read the post they linked. Why? because I have seen quite a few of these and they are crafters playing the odds and entering about 5+ challenges per card. I think there are even some blogs about that list current challenges, so it seems many cardmakers just wing it with a close enough.

TBH I'm just happy if I manage to make a card to fit a single challenge! :p

My personal pet peeve is that every once in a while a drink a coke and then I'm wide awake all night... wanna guess what I had to drink earlier yesterday now?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #191  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
I'm convinced they don't read the post they linked. Why? because I have seen quite a few of these and they are crafters playing the odds and entering about 5+ challenges per card. I think there are even some blogs about that list current challenges, so it seems many cardmakers just wing it with a close enough.
You're really under-estimating it with 5+, LOL, that's very low on the spectrum. Think 10/12 up to 50+ and that's more like it :rolleyes:.I must admit that sometimes I speed-read first time round and miss something, but if I make a card and I've missed something out, hey - then it doesn't fit the challenge and I won't submit it.

Quote:

TBH I'm just happy if I manage to make a card to fit a single challenge! :p
Sometimes I do double up - but at least I know I've made them with both challenges in mind at the time of creation!

Quote:

My personal pet peeve is that every once in a while a drink a coke and then I'm wide awake all night... wanna guess what I had to drink earlier yesterday now?
Hmmm - not a Coke, by any chance ;-). I hope you get to sleep sometime soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 02:48 AM   #192  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lori92760View Post
I recently paid for a mixed media class online, not the most expensive class, around $50 and every video it was like someone rushed into her kitchen in the middle of dinner and said "come out here we are shooting a video!" she spent so much time searching for her scissors or paint or brushes or whatever. I've never shot a video but I am thinking if you are doing a video class it would be similar to having a real class and you might be somewhat prepared. I probably wont take another one of her classes.
In my opinion, there is NO excuse for this! In real life you only get one shot at that particular class, but taping a video allows for "time lapse". If you can't find something, shut off the camera until you locate it - sheesh! Call me crazy, but I'd be nervous enough about making a video that I'd triple-check that I had everything ready to go before the camera rolled. Very unprofessional, if you ask me...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 03:31 AM   #193  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

Ha Ha! I think we all have a friend like that! My friend says: " whit-ness ", instead of witness. Also, He has a "retreating" hairline, instead of receding. And my favorite, She is a "dishwasher blonde", instead of dishwater blonde.

And how many people have you heard say, "prostrate", meaning lying flat, instead of "prostate", meaning the gland men sometimes have trouble with as they get older.
Oh yes, we have a lot of people in Australia mix up prostate/prostrate too. And a lot of people say "vuNerable" instead of "vuLnerable". Even our ex-Prime Minister Julia Gillard used to say it and it made me want to throw my shoe at the TV every time I heard it LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 04:23 AM   #194  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
You're really under-estimating it with 5+, LOL, that's very low on the spectrum. Think 10/12 up to 50+ and that's more like it :rolleyes:.I must admit that sometimes I speed-read first time round and miss something, but if I make a card and I've missed something out, hey - then it doesn't fit the challenge and I won't submit it.
I will still submit but I will post the caveat that I participated but messed up... sometimes it is more about playing along.

And it must be very frustrating to part of a challenge blog where people don't read the rules. I know the High Hopes blog does a challenge and they specify using their product (not unreasonable) and people still submit without even the tiniest use of their stamps. :???: The thing is I honestly like High Hopes stamps and wish I could participate more. I think they are struggling from a change of ownership and probably need some power blog players and a better online presence.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #195  
Band Mom

Over the weekend, I came across a blog where the owner was offering blog candy. I have no problem with that. But then below the photo of the giveaway was this note:

"Winner will be responsible for shipping cost and will be billed via PayPal emailed invoice."

:shock: I suppose that's the blog owner's prerogative, but IMO it rather takes away from the spirit of generosity...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #196  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PH in VAView Post
Over the weekend, I came across a blog where the owner was offering blog candy. I have no problem with that. But then below the photo of the giveaway was this note:

"Winner will be responsible for shipping cost and will be billed via PayPal emailed invoice."

:shock: I suppose that's the blog owner's prerogative, but IMO it rather takes away from the spirit of generosity...
Any chance the "candy" was something like a Cuttlebug machine? Or a huge assortment that would STILL be a great gift if you won it and had to pay the postage? Please tell me My vision of Bloggers still doesn't have one bad apple in it. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 08:29 AM   #197  
Band Mom

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahbView Post
Any chance the "candy" was something like a Cuttlebug machine? Or a huge assortment that would STILL be a great gift if you won it and had to pay the postage? Please tell me My vision of Bloggers still doesn't have one bad apple in it. :-)
Sadly, no. It was a smallish clear stamp set that likely could be sent in a 5x7 envelope via first class mail for less than a dollar.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #198  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by BathBelleView Post
I totally agree Dea. I make a lot of 15 x 15cm cards and would love more embossing folders that were, say, 14 x 14cm. But most suppliers don't make them. Why not? They fit through the Big Shot. I have found a very few but would love more, I would even re-buy designs I already have in a bigger size. It is so limiting.
A 15cm x 15cm swiss dot embossing folder would change my life

I am thinking of buying Craft Too's A4 'Dottie' and cutting it down. Oooh! Scary stuff!

Lesley

Last edited by lesleybd; 09-03-2013 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #199  
Kookie Creator

Lesley
I have a 6" x 6" (15cm) Swiss dot embossing folder by Embossalicious. Don't know if you can get this make in US.
Ruth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #200  
Stampin' Fool

Default Pet peeve

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbi GView Post
I wish all vendors would indicate stamp and die sizes. Even better, actually show the product in full size.
Amen, sister!! That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. Tell me how large it is or show the product next to a ruler or some other item that would indicate the size of the product. Please.

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes