Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Perfect Layers: QVC vs SU (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/perfect-layers-qvc-vs-su-139288/)

cher 04-21-2006 12:36 PM

Perfect Layers: QVC vs SU

I was watching scrapbooking on QVC and finally ordered the Perfect Layers Tool. It was $21.95 vs SU @ $22.95. The QVC version comes with the 2 rulers, cutting mat and hobby knife, whereas; the SU version (from what I can tell from the Spring mini catalog pg 3) comes w/just the 2 rulers. Just my 2 cents. ;)

twinks 04-21-2006 12:53 PM

thanks for sharing the info - is shipping equitable as well? Is it on now? Don't see it on my TiVo schedule?

Last time they were on I purchased a little binding unit that is just perfect for me. I'll have to go and check the schedule and hope the Perfect Layers isn't already sold out.

BadSherry 04-21-2006 12:59 PM

I purchased the ones from QVC a few months back. The cutting mat and blade that come w/them is excellent for the money, but I was rather disappointed with rulers. The more I used them, I noticed that the interior edges were curved. So if I used one side, the other side would not line up correctly. I ended up order the SU and they are great! I think I got a defective set of rulers from QVC since others here at SCS have said that they really like theirs and have no problem with them!

misswendyk 04-21-2006 01:07 PM

I had the same question.. does anyone have the QVC and love it? I think it is more bang for your buck.. with the knife and the mat.. Please let me know if you have it and love it (not curved)...

Plus QVC is VERY good at returns. If you think it is defective you should contact them and you will get a new one!

flipflopstamper 04-21-2006 01:13 PM

I have the QVC and they are straight, and love them. I've used them so long that I wore my mat out on both sides and have replaced the blades a few times! I would think both SU and QVC are so similar, but if the mat and cutter are included in QVC, it would be a better value. I actually got the set for about $19 on special. I would return the set to QVC, they are great about returns and replacements.

Rubber Stamp Nut 04-21-2006 01:57 PM

I have both and I like SU's better because it has the stainless steel embedded into the "rulers". I don't believe the QVC product has that. It seems to make a difference for me because I was constantly "shaving" the plastic on the QVC product, which kind or ruins it once that has been done. I haven't had the shaving problem with the SU product and I think it's because of the stainless steel. Hope that makes sense (and helps!).

gamblemom 04-21-2006 02:01 PM

I have the QVC one and I think it may be the same except for the metal embedded in it....that would be better. I have shaved the side off of mine with my blade so it is not a smooth now.

ScrappinAubrey 04-21-2006 02:27 PM

The QVC one does have the metal embedded in it.
They are both made by the same company. You just get a better deal and price at QVC
They can be ordered at QVC.com

gamblemom 04-21-2006 02:30 PM

LOL....I just checked and yep, my QVC one does have metal in it! I had never noticed it before!

misswendyk 04-21-2006 02:30 PM

Thanks for letting me know.. The ladies on this website never let me down!

imataloss 04-21-2006 03:41 PM

I just ordered mine from QVC as well. Should arrive Mon. Now I'm wondering if I should have gone with the ones from SU. Guess I'll have to wait and see. You are right QVC is EXCELLENT with returns.

MaryEileen 04-21-2006 04:50 PM

Perfect Layers: QVC vs SU

I got mine from QVC before SU had them. They are great. I saw a hint recently on here to use the rotary blade with them. That was a very good suggestion. No shaving of the edges with this method. I already had the rotary blade with plain and wavy blades. Keeps me nice and even. Eileen

hedgiemama 04-21-2006 05:12 PM

Not as steady as I used to be. Glad to have this idea..will order one.