Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Pathetic Admission and You are to Blame! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/pathetic-admission-you-blame-243935/)

Joan B 04-27-2007 09:13 AM

Pathetic Admission and You are to Blame!

I'm sitting here trolling SCS when I hear the distinct sounds of a delivery truck rolling up my street. My heart literally started to beat faster and I'm not expecting anything! I blame YOU guys.

I'm not going to single out any one person but does the word "'tini" ring a bell??:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

stamper-c 04-27-2007 09:15 AM

I know the feeling!!!

serialpurrs 04-27-2007 12:05 PM

I make that jump every time I hear the truck, even when I'm not expecting anything.

StampingShawn 04-27-2007 01:36 PM

Ok...talk about pathetic...but many of us are right there with you:)

Sara in WI 04-27-2007 01:40 PM

Oh, I love those brown trucks! And I jump to the door when the mail comes early because that means......package!

NYstamper 04-27-2007 01:42 PM

When I turned onto my street tonight after work and saw UPS parked near my house I got all excited....until I remembered I had nothing more coming this week. Sigh....can't wait until the new catalog. I need some new toys.

KimberlyinMN 04-27-2007 01:43 PM

My UPS guy has always given my dogs treats when he brings a package -- so when they hear the truck on our street, they get all excited. And since most dogs have excellent hearing, I get a very advanced warning that the truck is near. I can't believe how dejected the dogs are when the truck just keeps on rolling past the house without stopping.

Kimberly

GarnetJ 04-27-2007 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN
I can't believe how dejected the dogs are when the truck just keeps on rolling past the house without stopping.

Almost as dejected as Joan? http://www.millan.net/minimations/to...leepingdog.gif

Lisa Loiselle 04-27-2007 03:31 PM

This afternoon the FedEx guy shows up at my door. Knowing that both TAC and SU ship UPS and that I wasn't expecting anything didn't help to lower my blood pressure or slow my heartrate. What's up with THAT?

KimberlyinMN 04-27-2007 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Loiselle
This afternoon the FedEx guy shows up at my door. Knowing that both TAC and SU ship UPS and that I wasn't expecting anything didn't help to lower my blood pressure or slow my heartrate. What's up with THAT?

So did he actually deliver anything or does he have the hots for you?! http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/love003.gif

jace5814 04-27-2007 03:56 PM

ok so now I know that I'm not the only one!!! the best is when I am driving in the car with DH and we pass Mr Brown in our neighborhood. He INSTANTLY looks at me with that "what did you get this time" look!!! I have gotten to the point that anytime we pass him, I now look back at him and say "nothing honey, I promise"!!!!!

Tah Dah! 04-27-2007 03:58 PM

I *sooooo* hear you! Last year I was not-so-patiently waiting for my new box of catalogs to arrive. I heard the familiar rumbling coming up the street, and was absolutely devastated to discover a water delivery truck pulling up in front of the neighbor's house. Yep, I live a sad li'l life :rolleyes:

trudee 04-27-2007 04:24 PM

I don't know what you are talking about.

I have never done that.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/hippie8.gif

gmcbunny 04-27-2007 04:41 PM

I am in the same boat - I have the neighborhood kids as an early warning system

reneejul1 04-28-2007 06:54 PM

I know the feeling, there are 2 of us in our cul-de-sac that get deliveries, and it is so sad for me to see him take a U-turn through without stopping at me house. http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...consoling2.gif

jtax 04-28-2007 07:13 PM

Yesterday Mr. Brown came and rang my doorbell (usually he just drops the package and runs!). He had a package for someone else in his hands wondering if I knew who the addressee was, as the address didn't exist (no 9400 on my street...) I wished him luck in trying to find the recipient and said "see you soon..."

banana.cream.pie 04-28-2007 07:37 PM

Can you picture a bunch of SU Demo Ladies chasing a UPS truck down the street in hopes of a SU package??? Like children chasing an Ice Cream truck...It makes me think of a FUNNY commercial! LOL!:D

GinaP 04-28-2007 07:41 PM

My 3-year-old daughter used to yell and tell me that "The Stampin' Up! truck is here!!" She now knows it's not a SU! truck, but it may as well be! lol

We are SOOO addicted!!

cafemocha 04-28-2007 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaP
My 3-year-old daughter used to yell and tell me that "The Stampin' Up! truck is here!!" She now knows it's not a SU! truck, but it may as well be! lol

We are SOOO addicted!!

That's just too funny - I can relate. My kids (5 & 6) sometimes get the letters mixed up and instead of UPS, they call it the SUP truck (yup - short for Stampin' Up truck) and then they yell for me to come to the door because my stamping stuff is here ;)

Joan B 04-29-2007 07:25 AM

Te second my husband walked in the door my son used to blurt out "mom got another package today." Put a stop to that one by leaving my packages on the kitchen table! Took all the fun away from my son.

Marinaof5 04-29-2007 07:43 AM

Just before christmas I had been waiting for a huge box of stuff both for my customers and myself and getting very very impatient so I went out for a walk with my daughter well on our way home I see that beautiful brown truck in front of my house and start walking faster..my daughter running beside me saying "mom its going to be there when you get home take it easy" well I get home and my other kids (the truck has left by this point) mom it was a mistake there are no boxes. Well I have a pretty good sense of when I am getting my packages and I just now that omthing should have been there.....the LITTLE BEGGERS HID IT ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...they thought it would be really funny to hide it on me for a bit.....WRONG!!!!!!!!

sheeze....do they not get it!!!..I mean that is just sooooooo wrong!!!!!!!!!!

They in turn laughed they tiny butts off and made me dinner while I got to play with my new stuff...{HEHE}

redapron 04-30-2007 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
I'm sitting here trolling SCS when I hear the distinct sounds of a delivery truck rolling up my street. My heart literally started to beat faster and I'm not expecting anything! I blame YOU guys.

I'm not going to single out any one person but does the word "'tini" ring a bell??:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Too funny. Just Friday, my dh & I were sitting on the front porch when UPS trolls by...

DH gave me that look - you know the one -
I told him I wasn't expecting anything (yet)

Hazzzmomy 04-30-2007 11:22 AM

OMG...this thread has me laughing hysterically!! Someone else that does the same thing as I do...sort of makes me feel like I'm "normal" and my addiction is "okay"!!! LOL The UPS guy doesn't usually come (I'm not a demo and don't order much online that is ordered via UPS) but I do RUN through the house with the bags of goodies I've scored and go straight to my stamping closet with them before dh can see! :) Of course, when my demo drops an order by, he gives me "that look"! :)

momsquiltn 04-30-2007 11:56 AM

I can hear the delivery truck in the neighborhood right now. Unfortunately it's not coming here. (sigh) This is hilariously funny because my heart rate goes up too when the delivery truck comes or even the mail lady in her truck because I swap pretty regularly via SCS. My current order will come via the neighbor's house so I won't get the look from my honey this time... tee hee..... :-)

Silvergirl 05-03-2007 12:29 PM

Joan! That is hilarious!

We laugh because at our house, even my 6 yr old knows that the UPS guy is a "sign of prosperity"... according to my husband. We're ALL pavlov's puppy in that regard!

Thanks for the laugh!
Lisa

Leticia 05-03-2007 12:36 PM

This is the funniest (and truest thread!!)
I used to be a CM consultant and I used to see my UPS guy so much that I bought him a gift card for Christmas!:rolleyes:
Haven't established a relationship with the new one since I moved.
Not yet, there's still 7 months til Christmas!!:-D

Grammyof2boys 05-03-2007 02:40 PM

I think my DIL, who happens to be my demo, has you all beat! Instead of waiting patiently for the UPS truck to bring new catalogs or a huge stampin order she calls UPS and has them deliver her box to the nearest UPS store first thing that morning. So no more waiting for us!!!