Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #81  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Y'all have me laughing - the dots aren't straight....? Never noticed on either Polka Dot Parade or Bitty Dots. I cannot wait for tonight - I am getting all the star stuff....all the buttons....restocking....just...a bunch of stuff. Those new buttons - the brown ones....those will be the first buttons I don't get...they are....I don't know but they reminded me of a pack of old chocolate like chocolate covered raisins that is old and melted and you find it when you are cleaning out the car - LOL Can't wait for tonight - see ya' there! ;)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 02:20 PM   #82  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by rediView Post
I am looking forward to the new stamp sets. I was a big SU paper fan until I bought PTI, now that is the only cardstock I will buy. Plus, if you order over $55,you get free shipping. which adds up. I would also like to see more colors,especilly a pretty shade of navy. I am also going to CHA, I only live about 45 minutes from Orlando. My friends and I are so excited to go. I am trying to save money to buy some stuff from PTI.
I'm going to CHA too!! and I am trying to save my money which means not buying any PTI this month or next or next! GULP!! Probably not going to happen lol!

My Gallery
Proud Dirty Dozen Alumni!
Proud DT Member for CAS-ual Fridays Stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 02:24 PM   #83  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by mearsfansinboiseView Post
..I don't know but they reminded me of a pack of old chocolate like chocolate covered raisins that is old and melted and you find it when you are cleaning out the car - LOL Can't wait for tonight - see ya' there! ;)

Oh my word that's funny!! But I will still have to get them

My Gallery
Proud Dirty Dozen Alumni!
Proud DT Member for CAS-ual Fridays Stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #84  
Stazon Splitcoast

I will have to let go of my SU demoship and thinking of buying PTI now.
Havent tried their cardstock, but hear is the best ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #85  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by creatingisfunView Post
I will have to let go of my SU demoship and thinking of buying PTI now.
Havent tried their cardstock, but hear is the best ;)
Their cardstock is fantastic, for sure! You cannot go wrong, it's just so sturdy. I love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #86  
Toy
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I gotta give major props to Nicole and her crew. As I mentioned before, I placed my first order a couple days ago. I have already received the shipping notice (yesterday) and it is supposedly being delivered tomorrow! Now THAT is customer service!

Ahhhhhhh, life is good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 04:24 PM   #87  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Y'all have me laughing - the dots aren't straight....? Never noticed on either Polka Dot Parade or Bitty Dots. I cannot wait for tonight - I am getting all the star stuff....all the buttons....restocking....just...a bunch of stuff. Those new buttons - the brown ones....those will be the first buttons I don't get...they are....I don't know but they reminded me of a pack of old chocolate like chocolate covered raisins that is old and melted and you find it when you are cleaning out the car - LOL Can't wait for tonight - see ya' there!
ACK! You stinker! ;) How could you say that?!?! I love the rustic wood buttons -- I really like the natural look/inspired by nature style ... and I HATE raisins LOL!! BLECH! And old, chocolate-covered (!? Chocolate Corruption!) and laying in the car?! Imaginative and vivid imagery, I'll give you that! ;)

I will not let it infiltrate my rustic-wood-button-lovin' brain
I will not let it infiltrate my rustic-wood-button-lovin' brain
I will not let it infiltrate my rustic-wood-button-lovin' brain :mrgreen: .

[You made me LOL though ;) . . . too funny!!]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 05:33 PM   #88  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Y'all have me laughing - the dots aren't straight....? Never noticed on either Polka Dot Parade or Bitty Dots.
What can I say? A math teacher likes things perpendicular.

Ok, I've filled up my cart with some paper, ribbon, and Mega Mixed Messages...I think I'm going to add the pattern sampler, jute twine, text background, and tea dye. Ah! This was supposed to be my good month! I even unsubscribed to Nichole's blog so I wouldn't be tempted, and then I had to read this post and go check it out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #89  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchicView Post
I even unsubscribed to Nichole's blog so I wouldn't be tempted, and then I had to read this post and go check it out!
Now, that is too funny! If it was only that easy to stay away!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 02:54 AM   #90  
Gallery Gazer

Well that entire experience was ridiculous. I stayed up until 11:25 trying to get those #%)(& vintage touch inks to work finally gave up and decided to place my order this morning at 5:30 when I woke up....and they are SOLD OUT!!! I guess I will stick with my colorbox chalk inks.

Not to mention the fact that I tossed in the star prints when I heard it was ringing up at $15, but of course it was changed back to 24. Not really their fault, but I was just trying to snag a deal.

I think I am definitely re-unsubbing to Nichole's blog & Lauren's blog. I just get suckered into the hype, when I would be much happier ordering it the month after at a normal time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 03:04 AM   #91  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

Oh man, I ordered the flourish set and all the new papers/string/ink/buttons, LOVE ME SOME PTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 03:13 AM   #92  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

...I think I am definitely re-unsubbing to Nichole's blog & Lauren's blog. I just get suckered into the hype, when I would be much happier ordering it the month after at a normal time!
Sorry your experience was so negative! I have never stayed up for a release and don't regret it. For years, I bought in haste and regretted at leisure. This month's Papertrey products will be there next month, and the next.... I wait, and if I STILL can't live without something a month later, then I buy. Very few things I buy now go unloved.

Yes, it's hard to resist (esp the text background set, which is so totally perfect!), but anytime I start feeling weak, I go reorganize my stamps. Reminds me how much I ALREADY have and how little I NEED to get, LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 04:12 AM   #93  
Knit, Purl, Stamp

Quote:

Y'all have me laughing - the dots aren't straight....? Never noticed on either Polka Dot Parade or Bitty Dots. I cannot wait for tonight - I am getting all the star stuff....all the buttons....restocking....just...a bunch of stuff. Those new buttons - the brown ones....those will be the first buttons I don't get...they are....I don't know but they reminded me of a pack of old chocolate like chocolate covered raisins that is old and melted and you find it when you are cleaning out the car - LOL Can't wait for tonight - see ya' there! ;)
I was thinking they look like a smooshed raisin.......the kind you find on the floor in your car. I can't wait to get mine!!

My Gallery
My Blog - My adventures in knitting
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 04:17 AM   #94  
Knit, Purl, Stamp

Quote:

Well that entire experience was ridiculous. I stayed up until 11:25 trying to get those #%)(& vintage touch inks to work finally gave up and decided to place my order this morning at 5:30 when I woke up....and they are SOLD OUT!!! I guess I will stick with my colorbox chalk inks.

Not to mention the fact that I tossed in the star prints when I heard it was ringing up at $15, but of course it was changed back to 24. Not really their fault, but I was just trying to snag a deal.

I think I am definitely re-unsubbing to Nichole's blog & Lauren's blog. I just get suckered into the hype, when I would be much happier ordering it the month after at a normal time!
I rarely order the current sets. I find that i like to "see them in action" in other galleries/blogs before I commit. I frequently buy a set months after it's initial release. I like to look at the new stuff, I just rarely buy it.

My Gallery
My Blog - My adventures in knitting
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 04:43 AM   #95  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossomView Post
Sorry your experience was so negative!
I don't mean to be such a Debbie Downer about PTI....I was just cranky due to lack of sleep and lack of breakfast cookie! It's frustrating when you're so excited about ordering and then it just all goes downhill.

I do love all of the stuff I have received from them, and found over $100 worth of stuff to put in my cart. I got lots o' cardstock & ink & ribbon, the hodge podge paper pack, jute twine, rustic white, & text backgrounds. I hope it will get here by next Friday so I can celebrate the end of school with all my new goodies!!!

I just need to take your lead and hold my fire. It will still be new to me the following month!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 04:48 AM   #96  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I don't mean to be such a Debbie Downer about PTI....I was just cranky due to lack of sleep and lack of breakfast cookie! It's frustrating when you're so excited about ordering and then it just all goes downhill.

I do love all of the stuff I have received from them, and found over $100 worth of stuff to put in my cart. I got lots o' cardstock & ink & ribbon, the hodge podge paper pack, jute twine, rustic white, & text backgrounds. I hope it will get here by next Friday so I can celebrate the end of school with all my new goodies!!!

I just need to take your lead and hold my fire. It will still be new to me the following month!
I didn't think you were a Debbie Downer about PTI...you just had a really frustrating experience that can (and will!) happen to everyone who orders online. (((hugs)))

Glad you ordered lots of fun goodies to play with, even if it wasn't everything you wanted, LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 04:50 AM   #97  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I knew what you meant. There is so much hype, it's frustrating to stay up until midnight, not be able to order and then it's sold out so soon. It's only because we like PTI so much I've never been a midnight orderer, I like to wait and see everything in action. Someday I'll hit that I want it all button at midnight, but so far there hasn't been a month where I want EVERYTHING. Especially without a new color. I have to admit to being slightly disappointed in text style, I was hoping there might be more variety in the sizes of text blocks. Doesn't mean I still don't like PTI, it's just not all for me everytime.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 05:18 AM   #98  
Crimping Master

Thankfully, I live in Europe and I can't just order as easily as you gals in the US. It's easy to get sucked in to the hype, but like with any area of my life - everything in moderation. I love PTI, but I don't purchase as much as I would like. The few things I did purchase have been put to good use and are worth every penny I spent on them.

About the new release stamps, I'm with HoosierMama, I'm disappointed with the Text set. I wish there were more in the set. And the bird set would have been really cute if only the middle toe (is that what they're called? :-)) is longer and the tails are wider. I love the patterns in them - so trendy, but can't get over their feet and tails. I love the flourishes, but wish it's a smaller set for $15....Sorry not I'm being Debbie Downer...I really do love PTI, just not everything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossomView Post
Sorry your experience was so negative! I have never stayed up for a release and don't regret it. For years, I bought in haste and regretted at leisure. This month's Papertrey products will be there next month, and the next.... I wait, and if I STILL can't live without something a month later, then I buy. Very few things I buy now go unloved.

Yes, it's hard to resist (esp the text background set, which is so totally perfect!), but anytime I start feeling weak, I go reorganize my stamps. Reminds me how much I ALREADY have and how little I NEED to get, LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 05:38 AM   #99  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by momtoggkView Post
...And the bird set would have been really cute if only the middle toe (is that what they're called? :-)) is longer and the tails are wider. I love the patterns in them - so trendy, but can't get over their feet and tails. ...
ITA...I really like the birdhouses, but am not a fan of the birds themselves. Hard to justify $24 for just the birdhouses.

What a relief!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 06:23 AM   #100  
Gallery Gazer

[QUOTE=momtoggk;14069850] And the bird set would have been really cute if only the middle toe (is that what they're called? :-)) is longer and the tails are wider. I love the patterns in them - so trendy, but can't get over their feet and tails. QUOTE]

Ha! I totally didn't notice the middle toe issue, but now it's the only thing I can see! I just thought the legs looked weird proportionally--I wanted a middle leg length to go with the small & tall!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 06:30 AM   #101  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I bought the birds and the text backgrounds. This was the first time I've ordered from PTI in over a year, I think! Right now I'm all about Hero Arts, A Muse, and My Cute Stamps.

I was in to PTI's white cardstock for a while, but I like Gina K's Pure Luxury much better. It is the weight of PTI's, but with the really smooth feel of SU!'s.

I want all of the PTI buttons! I think I need to organize a button share.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 06:33 AM   #102  
Matboard Maniac

I love the quality of PTI products and pretty much only use them for card making. When I first started ordering from them last year I would stay up for the release and all that too. Then it always seems that there were problems either with the server or errors in posting, so I gave up on that. Besides I don't have much time to stamp anyways, so I generally just wait every few months then place an order for a few things I've been wanting. Its much less stressful. Also I find that if you give it a day or two, the cuteness & hype of certain stamp sets wears off, then you ask yourself "do i really have a use for this set?" I find I end up buying a lot less if I just wait and think about it, and see the uses with it in the gallery.

I do have a question though...the stamp sets such as heart prints and star prints that go with EK Success punches...are they the same punches u can find in Mike's and AC Moore??? Cuz if so, I will just use a coupon on those. Any help on that is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 06:36 AM   #103  
Crimping Master

Sorry, mtgchic, didn't mean to ruin it for you. :-) I love the birdhouses, though, but not enough to jusitfy the $24.

Krystie, you're right about GinaK's paper. It's the best of both worlds and they're introducing new colors in their new release. I can't wait to see.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #104  
Stazon Splitcoast

I cant stand the bird set...it is just not my taste.. I did order new papers, inks and the star sets..I also ordered guidelines 2. Oh and some buttons in Aqua mist and Melon I think it was. Was easy to spend $66.00. Got free shipping and didnt spend as much as usual. I am trying to be good.
Now the wait for all the goodies to arrive.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #105  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I ordered the bird set and the beach set. I got the white/natural pack that included the wood buttons and new papers.

I won the star set from the Spring Fling contest!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 10:35 AM   #106  
Gabfest Goddess

Lol, I TOTALLY noticed the middle toe on the bird legs and was creeped out!!! I was going to get both bird sets, but after I saw the whole sets decided against it (for now).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #107  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

You guys are making me LOL with all of the talk of bird toes! I wouldn't have noticed that in a million years.

When my birds get here, they're going to give you all the middle toe. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #108  
Crimping Master

LOL, Krystie. Did I mention I can't stand the tail either...Sorry, I didn't mean to ruin it for you. But your cards are so beautiful that you can make me forget about the middle toe. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #109  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by momtoggkView Post
LOL, Krystie. Did I mention I can't stand the tail either...Sorry, I didn't mean to ruin it for you. But your cards are so beautiful that you can make me forget about the middle toe. :-)
Hah! Thanks. If I ever need a testamonial, that's a great one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 11:53 AM   #110  
Stampin' Fool

I have had my eye on the buttons for a while, so I caved and bought buttons in true black, cream and white, spring moss, sweet blush, berry sorbet, aqua mist, dark chocolate, and lemon tart. I also got one of the twines, and the lemon tart quick pick pagage, and the summer sunrise quick pick. I waited to place my order until the 15th only because of the lemon tart buttons, I wanted to be able to get those since I had the lemon tart quick pick in my cart.

I do like the bird sets and want to get those eventually, along with um, yeah, every other stamp set they sell

Erin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 12:01 PM   #111  
sgc
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 114 Likes on 63 Posts

I want all of the PTI buttons! I think I need to organize a button share. [/QUOTE]

I wish you would. I'd be in!!! I would love for someone to organize a ribbon share also.

SandyeSgc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 03:11 PM   #112  
Mad Swapper

I sold a few of my old SU sets on ebay, so I treated myself to a larger order. I ordered almost all the buttons, the bird set, the star set, the beach set and the text set as well as some twine. I really hope it comes before the holiday weekend, but I doubt it, it takes five days just for shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 06:39 PM   #113  
Kookie Creator

anytime I start feeling weak, I go reorganize my stamps. Reminds me how much I ALREADY have and how little I NEED to get, LOL![/QUOTE]

I have started doing the same thing. I look in my notebook (all my sets are stamped on pages in protectors) and I see so many that I want to keep, but don't get used as much as they should. I then ask myself - "Do I really need more sets?" Of course, I do sometimes, but I always need to restock cardstock, etc.

Last edited by SandyKayd; 05-19-2009 at 06:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 07:09 PM   #114  
Die Cut Diva

I got my shipping notice already. It should be here Mon or Tues.

My brand new blog: Tinkering With Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #115  
Matboard Maniac

I just received my first PTI order today. I ordered the cardstock sampler and it looks fabulous. I ordered two older sets (polk dot basics & bitty baby). I can't wait to play with them. I love this month's new flourish & text sets, but will wait till next month and see if I am still in love with them yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2009, 03:07 AM   #116  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW: I can't believe how fast PTI delivered Only put my order in on 12 May, and they turned up to the US based address on the 15th! That's great service, I can't wait to play with my goodies now

babybluegirl

12.07pm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2009, 03:20 AM   #117  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyKaydView Post
anytime I start feeling weak, I go reorganize my stamps. Reminds me how much I ALREADY have and how little I NEED to get, LOL!
I have started doing the same thing. I look in my notebook (all my sets are stamped on pages in protectors) and I see so many that I want to keep, but don't get used as much as they should. I then ask myself - "Do I really need more sets?" I can pretty much substitute with sets I already have and use the DT ideas, etc.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I carry my stamp inventory around with me everywhere...and the thing is HEAVY! When you already have lots of stamps, it's usually easy to substitute.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2009, 04:45 AM   #118  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm smiling at all the comments on the bird set ~ I did get it but for everything BUT the birds!! Just don't like them. But I really thought the rest of the bird stuff will go well with other bird stamps I do have . I agree - wish it was smaller for $15. What's really funny is when I saw there would be an additions set, I figured it would be mostly sentiments and I'd like that. Definitely passed on the additions for this one!!

Love the vintage stuff and for once hit the "want it all" specifically for the cs, buttons and twine, and that tea dye ink duo - curious about that!

Maybe navy next month!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2009, 06:04 AM   #119  
Stazon Splitcoast

got my goodies yesterday! Whoo hoo! I thought I ordered more, but I guess I behaved myself. I wound up with the stars, the flourishes, lemon and new leaf buttons, and some trendy tubes to put them in. (I also had ordered both of Lauren's templates) Happy girl here
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2009, 07:17 AM   #120  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystie leeView Post
I bought the birds and the text backgrounds. This was the first time I've ordered from PTI in over a year, I think! Right now I'm all about Hero Arts, A Muse, and My Cute Stamps.

I was in to PTI's white cardstock for a while, but I like Gina K's Pure Luxury much better. It is the weight of PTI's, but with the really smooth feel of SU!'s.

I want all of the PTI buttons! I think I need to organize a button share.
if you don't, I will- and ribbon. I agree- I could use it all!:mrgreen:

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes