Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-14-2018, 07:29 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Seriously thinking about getting rid of my Stampin Up inks

In the six years that I�ve been back in the stamping world, SU has changed their ink pad style twice and revamped their colors twice. Plus they add five new colors every year that only last for two years.

I�ve spent money on a SU caddy and Stampin Storage holders for the ink pads.

I actually like some of the color changes, and the new pads seems like a better design, but I�d rather invest in companies with more stable product lines.

So what do you think? Will you buy all new pads? Keep a mix of the old and new? Are you ready to part with Tangerine Tango and Tempting Turquoise?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2018, 07:53 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 358 Likes on 197 Posts

I am excited about some of the new colors, but I realized several years ago there were colors that I simply did not use. I discovered that for me I like bright colors and dark colors and use those the most. When I saw the new Sea Foam green color, I knew immediately that it was not a color that I would use and would not get.
As far as replacing all my ink pads? No, I don't do that; however, there are some ink pads that need replacing like Real Red (I've had forever and the pad is in bad shape). I was about to order a few new ones that needed replacing when the news came out about the new design and ink formula so I will wait to get the newest ones.

I understand your frustration. When they changed the color family names (bold brights to just Brights, etc) and overhauled the colors in each family, I had just about completed the set of all the inks that was offered at that time. My heart sank, but I decided that companies make changes, update, upgrade, etc to maintain an active market. Then I realized I didn't need all the ink pads as I do have markers and watercolor pencils that I can blend to achieve acceptable colors.

I will surely miss Tempting Turquoise as it has always been one of my favorites, but I have the marker, re-inker, ink pad, some old DSP and a whole pack + of cardstock. And the same with Tangerine Tango!

If a company doesn't add or change up the colors, then they aren't keeping up with the trends then I would be looking at other brands to see what I'm missing. And that would be sad, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Paula O. (06-30-2022)
Old 04-14-2018, 09:20 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts

All good points Arlene. I guess I'm super type A and like to have complete sets with pads of the same size and shape. There's a part of me that wants to get all new pads, and there's a part of me that wants to rebel and give up on SU ink altogether.

What I will actually do is keep the ones that I have that I like and try to buy new pads from different companies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2018, 03:21 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

I have really old linen/felt pads that still work, newer firm foam pads and I will be adding the new style foam pads to the mix when they become orderable. It doesn't bother me at all that they are different, they still stamp. As far as colors go, if you have some faves like Tempting Turquoise, as long as you have a re-inker and some paper you are good for years. Use what you like and add new colors that catch your interest. I will be ordering all the new colors but I have to have 'em all. You may want to try one or two and see how they go with the colors you use the most and see if you like the new style ink pads.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2018, 06:50 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

As far as I can see ..unless you are an SU demo and they dictate what you can and can't use or you sell cards for a living.. there is really no reason to make changes. If you really love the colour or design style of the new pads by all means change but it is a LOT of money to spend if you don't really have to. Just my opinion! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2018, 06:55 AM   #6  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may get lynched for this...but I hate SU ink pads. Love their ink, just hate the design. I have 15 of them, and I rarely use them - only when I am doing something that HAS to be SU, or when I need a really bright color. I use CTMH ink pads almost exclusively because they are so easy to open - they can be opened one handed (I have arthritis). If I were queen for a day I would have CTMH make bright and cheerful colors and then their ink pads would have everything I want. I will try the new SU ink pads, and I am excited that according to youtube videos I have watched they will now fit in my existing storage. if they are easier to open I will probably buy the bright colors I love and donate my old ones...but they still won't be my go-to ink pads because of the way they open, and frankly, I am currently loving the bright colors of distress inks and I can open them one handed, so.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2018, 07:07 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I go back and forth with SU inks. When I first started stamping, I didn't really know about other stamp companies. So I bought all the SU ink over time. Then they went through the first color change, then the in-colors and I could not keep up. I had some favorite colors back then, like mauve mist. So I got a re-inker and a bunch of cardstock. 10 years (or more ) later, my style has completely changed and I can't remember the last time I used that color. I realized I don't even like soft purple colors (for the most part).
Now, when I go to an SU stamp camp, I try the demos pads to see if I like the color and if I really need it, then I will purchase a new color.
I am excited to see they changed how the pad opens. They are very difficult to open, at least for me, without getting color all over. Of course, I just purchased two new ink pads and I would have waited had I known.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2018, 09:03 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I think I'm really going to like the new style pad, too. I think many of the new colors are wonderful! After many years as an SU fan, I have finally reached the stage where I don't need to get it all. I feel so mature and in control of my life!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2018, 10:42 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I don't like the way SU or CTMH inkpads open. I fight with the SU, and I get ink all over my hands with the CTMH. I've been stamping for almost 17 years, so I know how to handle inkpads, but these have always been problematic for me. And both companies' inkpads are too wide for my small hands. Love the colors but dislike the designs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2018, 01:54 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 501 Likes on 222 Posts

I really have no problem with opening the pads, so that's not so much of an issue for me.

But I used to be one who "had to have it all". I realized that I had stamp pads and paper I had not opened in two years. And my drawers were insufficient to keep adding new.

So I changed. I emptied everything out and sorted the papers by groups of colors. The muddy, grayed-out colors went first. They're gloomy to me. Next I put the reds/pinks and turquoises over into the "gotta keep" piles. I LOVE those colors. The others I kept just one or two color groups of the other colors. I found that the greens were never well-coordinated. Interesting.

Now I have a huge box of unopened paper, a huge collection of linen pads, and a moderate amount of firm foam pads that I will not use.

And with the new colors, well, I'm going to buy a paper sampler pack because that gives me just enough paper to make all my color charts that I share here on SCS, but I will buy only the colors I REALLY want, and fit with my favorites.

Much less stress!

To date myself...I still have the oldest SU pads as well. Those are in my totes of inks/paper/embellishments/ribbon that my grandkids can delve into.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2018, 04:27 PM   #11  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Overcoming the "gotta have the whole collection" is hard but it frees up space and creativity.

I'm working on it ... in much the way Dianne (fionna51) did, I am purging colors I don't like, hoarding (saving) colors I love and making sure I have inkpads and re-inkers for them. The remaining colors will depend on if they remind me of someone to whom I give cards or if they fit certain occasions (Vintage Violet = Halloween to me).

I haven't had issues with the SU pads and hope the new style doesn't change that (to me, it could be fixing what isn't broken). OTH, I trashed a CTMH inkpad out of repeated frustration (and to save the nearest window).

Regarding the color changes, I will miss Tempting Turquoise and some other colors but, IMO, it is unreasonable to not expect changes. I don't go into a clothing store, season after season expecting (or wanting) to see the same colors and designs.

I just wish I wasn't on a "storage or adhesive only" budget.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2018, 05:34 PM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

I won't be getting rid of the ones I have, but I am really rethinking adding new ones. The color changes don't bother me so much, but changing the shape of the pad does. They do have to be stored, and I don't care much for the random look of mismatched ink pads from the same manufacturer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2018, 07:58 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

In the beginning , 12 yrs. ago, I had to have it all. Ink pads, markers, paper. About 5 years ago I decided that was crazy as there were colors I had never used or rarely used. I've also gotten over the had to have all the In Colors. There's one year I didn't buy any of them. This year I'm liking the new In Colors so will probably get them or at least part of them. I did a purge couple years ago and got rid of a lot of ink pads and paper. Will be doing another purge shortly of ink pads, paper and markers.

I will not be replacing the ink pads I keep with the new ones but will be buying some of the new colors. A few of them I already have.

Also, don't think demos will be replacing all their pads with new ones. IMHO Frenchie even did a video how she fixed her Stamp N Storage ink pad organizer to accommodate the current and new style pads. Stanp N Storage also is coming out with spacers, 12 for $3.75, May 1st so you can use their pad organizer for both styles. They will also have a new organizer just for the new pads.

I do like how the new pads open since the current ones can be a pain.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2018, 06:00 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 64 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm at a point where I don't need any more pads. I've also realized that if there is an S.U. color that is retired, some other company will undoubtedly have a similar color. I no longer limit myself to just S.U.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2018, 06:24 AM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

I started as a SU demo in 2003. I only lasted 2 years as a demo because I was my own best customer...but I continue to make cards as I love all that crafty stuff! As a demo I wanted ALL THE STUFF! And I tried, like others have mentioned to add all the color families that existed when I joined.
Also like others, I came to realize I had colors I never used! What was that pale, grey-green called...Sage Shadow?

When SU did that first big color revamp 5 years ago I think...I suddenly found the freedom to ditch colors I don’t like and did not use. I have the ink storage caddy but rearranged the way I store them in color order...reds, blues, greens etc. I pay no attention to the specific color families SU lays out.
I only buy colors I like and if I see another brand with a color I like I buy it. All the non-SU ink pads end up in a drawer. It’s not my favorite storage solution but I have to work with what I have.

I’m actually excited about the new colors being introduced, especially the new purples!
And I LOVE that they brought back Blackberry Bliss and Mossy Meadow as part of the regular lineup. The new ink pad design looks good to me and as I can afford to I will buy new colors as well as replace the ones I use most often with the new design.

I do like the whole concept of the In-Colors too. It’s a great way for SU to stay current and not let their color line get stale. There have not been many that I really loved so I never feel pressure to buy and “collect” those colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2018, 07:16 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the old, old felt pads that seldom needed re-inking, but after 20 years they are getting "funny" but mostly still work. The next newer felt pads dried out before I could even use them. I am re-inking all the time and they are a pain to open and close unless you love being decorated in ink. I do like some of the newer colors and think the new design will be a plus. Glad they are bringing back some purples. Have been hoarding my Lovely Lilac and Lavender Lace. Miss Certainly Celery and will miss Tempting Turquoise but I have all the parts.
I have been changing over to Gina K inks that don't seem to dry out and have a wide variety of colors and are easy to open. They have even come out this past week with additional colors that I love.
Been trying out the Distress Oxides for a whole new look.
I need to dump some of the colors of inks and papers I do not use - you all have just enabled me that it is OK to do that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2018, 03:32 PM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Lots of good thoughts on this thread.

I am someone who initially had to have it all. I got over that quickly. Well, maybe not THAT quickly. It happened the last time SU changed their colours about 5 years ago. I kept things I'm not using.

So I need to do a purge of my inks and my cardstock, much in the way @fionna51 describes. Figure out which colours I genuinely like & want to use and get rid of the rest.

I have gotten really good at not buying all the new in colors. In fact, I have NONE of the in color pads that are retiring (Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Sweet Sugarplum, Flirty Flamingo & Peekaboo Peach). I genuinely liked 3 of the colours (Peach, Denim & Emerald), but I decided I had things that were close enough so I didn't need them. I genuinely don't like Sugarplum or Flirty Flamingo. So I will NOT buy that pad to 'complete the collection.' I already have some of the cardstock; I bought a few of the mixed packs over the last two years so I'm set.

I did buy all 5 of the current In Colors that retire next year. I don't actually like Powder Pink so I'm eventually going to give it away.

This year I'll make a concerted effort to use all my pads & officially confirm which colours I don't like so I can hopefully get rid of some more.

I do have all the Tim Holtz Distress Oxides, because you can stamp with them. And I have a bunch of the regular distress inks. I genuinely love them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2018, 07:15 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

I figured out why I’m more into other inks than SU these days.
Ink lines like Altenew offer a range of tones within a color group which is great for layering.
SU has nice colors, but they don’t come in cubes and seem to be more of stand alone colors.
Im with you on Powder Pink....disappointing for a pink and I love pink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2018, 07:52 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Ink

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I don't like the way SU or CTMH inkpads open. I fight with the SU, and I get ink all over my hands with the CTMH. I've been stamping for almost 17 years, so I know how to handle inkpads, but these have always been problematic for me. And both companies' inkpads are too wide for my small hands. Love the colors but dislike the designs.
You might not know, but CTMH changed their stamp pads two or so years ago. They're much better than the old ones. I kept the CTMH old pads I had cause I loved the colors & couldn't find them anywhere else, but gave away all my SU pads. I probably won't be buying any of the new pads cause I have lots of other ink pads, and can't afford SU anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2018, 08:20 PM   #20  
Linking Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris01View Post
I figured out why I�m more into other inks than SU these days.
Ink lines like Altenew offer a range of tones within a color group which is great for layering.
SU has nice colors, but they don�t come in cubes and seem to be more of stand alone colors.
Im with you on Powder Pink....disappointing for a pink and I love pink.
You make a good point, especially if only considering current (and about to be current) offerings but long-time customers probably have lots of colors that help fill in some of the gaps. Plus, I'm a firm believer in mixing and matching products from many companies to get what I need.

Newer companies are smart to eliminate gaps from the get go. Also, I think cubes are going to increase in popularity due to bring easier to use with stamp positioners (Tonic/Tim Holtz; M.I.S.T.I. ofvSU's Stamoaratus among others). I hope SU realizes this, even if only in the mini catalogs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2018, 08:34 PM   #21  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula in GAView Post
You might not know, but CTMH changed their stamp pads two or so years ago. They're much better than the old ones. I kept the CTMH old pads I had cause I loved the colors & couldn't find them anywhere else, but gave away all my SU pads. I probably won't be buying any of the new pads cause I have lots of other ink pads, and can't afford SU anymore.

I have every color of the new ones. They are magnetic and I just lift the lid off and the ink is in the lid so I can do it all one handed. I never get ink on my fingers with them, and there's no pulling, popping, twisting, sliding, etc. They are larger, so if you have small hands that might be an issue, but for me they are the easiest ink pads to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 12:08 AM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

I won't miss any of the retiring colors except Ch. Chip which I love! I stocked up, of course!

I still have the linen pads -the type SU had right before the foam pads. I actually like them better than the foam. i'm also too practical to replace them. I do think it will bug me a little to have three styles of ink pads from SU!

I only have SU ink. Those of you that have ink from other companies......don't they replace them with new colors?

I have purged a few colors but I generally keep them. I have an old set of markers.....the big set in the case. It's 10 years old but the old colors get used for random things. I wouldn't dream of getting rid of them!

I have an old ink pad-Summer sun. It's never dried out and I don't have a re inker for it. I never even bought the card stock but I use SS when I'm stamping a cute sun I have.

I have my Close to Cocoa ink pad laying on the floor next to my desk. I should just toss it!!!

Also, I buy one or two in-colors. This year it was Lemon Lime Twist. Last year Peek a boo Peach. A fun simple guilty pleasure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 05:14 AM   #23  
Compulsive Stamper

After seeing a Youtube video where the demo actually stacked a new pad on top of the old one, they appear to be almost exactly the same size, except for the flared portion of the old pad. This should work fine in my existing storage, so I might actually pick up one or two colors if I really love them.

As for buying all the In Colors, I have not really liked the last couple of sets. I haven't bought the markers that match them for 4 years or so. Most of the stamp sets from the last two catalogues haven't really been ones that appeal to me, either. I find one or two things I love and just stick with that.

I have really high hopes that the new items will be more like the appeal of SU four or five years back. Those catalogues were so full of things I loved that I had to budget for stuff every month and still didn't get all I wanted.

Either way, my demo is a wonderful lady, and I'm sure I'll find some basics to order from her at least when June 1st rolls around.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 05:56 AM   #24  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
Those of you that have ink from other companies......don't they replace them with new colors?

Yes, but not as many or as often as SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 08:34 AM   #25  
Linking Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyomingRobinView Post
Yes, but not as many or as often as SU.
I think many also don't have 50 colors or been around as long (so less need to refresh)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 09:09 AM   #26  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDeeView Post
I think many also don't have 50 colors or been around as long (so less need to refresh)

My experience is mostly with CTMH, which has been in business over 25 years and has over 40 ink pad colors.

To me, the more colors you offer the less you should have to refresh. SU refreshed 16 (or so?) colors this year - thats almost a third of their color line. That's huge.

I like the in-color system, where 5 new colors come out each year to replace 5 old ones. To me, that keeps the color line fresh without shocking the budget too much. But that's just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 09:17 AM   #27  
Linking Queen

What I meant about having many colors and being in business a long time is your long-time customers keep seeing the (retained) colors year after year and it could start to feel stale to some. The In-Colors do bring in freshness but they don't remove the "old".

In fairness, it's only a shock to the budget if you choose to replace old with new. So, demos are definitely affected but can often work around it (borrowing supplies, using old pads but having a new style in a new color to show the difference, etc.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 11:59 AM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

I rediscovered a color by accident when making a card today......Distress Weathered Wood.
I never use regular Distress for regular stamping because I did not think it would stamp an image clearly like the oxides.
This stamped beautifully.....like a blue gray color. Even felt like it had a bit of texture to it.
Since I like subtle colors, it appeals to me.....maybe not to you though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2018, 10:10 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just found out that SU is increasing their prices on the cardstock and ink pads. Not sure what else is going up, but since I don't use a lot of the colors ink that I have purchased I think an assorted pack of cardstock might be all I need to keep my cards trendy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2018, 01:24 AM   #30  
Forum Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 17 Posts

I was a "collector" of entire sets and then I realized how many colors I never used because I just didn't like them. A couple of years ago I tested all my pads (over 400 as I have duplicates for classes). I removed all the colors I never used, then decided if I really needed craft and dye of the same color, then decided if a spot was good enough or did I need the full pad. I'm down to about 200 of colors that I actually use. I tried a couple of brands that people raved about and found them to not be much different from any other brand. Forgive me..but ink is ink unless it has some special properties like oxide, solvent, etc. I haven't bought a new pad in quite a while and I don't plan to unless it some of new oxides as I love the colors. also, I'm not a matchy match for ink and paper as I can usually find something that is "close enough".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2018, 03:43 AM   #31  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I was so happy this thread was started. I was debating upgrading my stamp pads. Not because the new ones came out. I am upgrading a few things in my room and seriously looking at my ink pads. I was thinking about this before the new SU design. Then what happens? LOL!

Thank you to everyone. This thread was so helpful. I am keeping my old pads. Going to buy a few new ones because I love the colors. It was why I bought SU inks in the first place because I loved the color range.

stamphappy1650 and others- I know there has been a lot of talk recently about how many of the ink brands are similar. So happy those threads were started too. I definitely know Oxides are different. For all of you who use both SU and Distress Inks (Original) do you think there is a difference? I don't do techniques. I just use my DI's to ink cardstock. I don't want to keep adding DI's if SU inks cardstock in the same way.

I guess I am asking for inking cardstock are DI & SU the same? Thanks for letting me tack on a question.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2018, 07:15 AM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have given up on SU inks and cardstock, for a few reasons. I don't love many of the colors (I prefer brighter, purer colors). I am weary of finding a color I do love, only to see it get retired. And, finally, I dislike the ink pad design - the hinged top is a pain, the foam pads are high maintenance, and the size is awkward to use on a stamp platform.

I sold off the colors I didn't love. But now I'm investing in cardstock and ink pads from companies with stable colors. I also love that many of these are less expensive for similar quality.

I'm currently slowly adding MFT colors to my collection, but there are other fantastic brands out there as well. Because I use the TH stamp platform, I prefer ink cubes over full sized pads.

I don't miss the SU product at all.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2018, 02:35 PM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 290 Likes on 114 Posts

I don't care AT ALL about any of the styles of any company's pads because I just buy ink refills and make my own cubes. I can have as few or as many as I want and they all fit into my system just fine. Adding new colors doesn't break the bank, either, and I still have plenty of ink if/when a color retires to re-ink my cube for quite awhile. The only full-size pads I have are Distress Inks (regular and Oxide) and a handful of colors that retired from CTMH and SU that I still love (Poppy Parade, for example - now that it's returning I'll buy a refill, make a cube and ditch the full-size pad). Probably wouldn't work for others, but it sure has helped me!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2018, 04:31 PM   #34  
Matboard Maniac

When buying blank cubes, is there a best brand to buy.?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2018, 05:23 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Has anyone used Taylored Expressions or Lawn Fawn cardstock or inks? Just asking for some input as I was thinking of ordering some of each to try, but if there is negative feedback I might not waste my time or money. I love the stamps from both of these companies. I am not into the Distress or oxide inks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2018, 05:24 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 290 Likes on 114 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris01View Post
When buying blank cubes, is there a best brand to buy.?
If that question was directed to me, I'm afraid I'll disappoint you. I don't buy blank cubes, I just buy Ranger Cut 'n Dry Felt and use the small boxes from this set to make my cubes:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2018, 06:19 PM   #37  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlene_CView Post
Has anyone used Taylored Expressions or Lawn Fawn cardstock or inks? Just asking for some input as I was thinking of ordering some of each to try, but if there is negative feedback I might not waste my time or money. I love the stamps from both of these companies. I am not into the Distress or oxide inks.

I don't have either of those brands, but have heard nothing but good things about their cs and ink.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2018, 08:44 PM   #38  
Inking Addict

Quote:

I use Lawn Fawn card stock frequently and really like it. I haven't tried TE, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2018, 05:53 AM   #39  
Forum Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 17 Posts

Quote:

I like Taylored Expressions but haven't tried Lawn Fawn. TE is very similar to SU and they have some colors that are very close to the older retired SU colors that I miss.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2018, 11:20 AM   #40  
Cardstock Collector

Will the new SU redesigned 2018 ink pads still go on the rotating color caddy that's been out for a while?

Last edited by stampinstacey88; 04-24-2018 at 11:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes