Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-14-2006, 07:09 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Paper Mache Box

I would like to make those paper mache boxes that you see at Michael's-like the altered tins etc. How do I get the cardstock to stick - mod-podge(?) never done anything like this before lol ! I need help or is this someplace on here where I can find my answer ?
thanks
Marilynn from Southern Maryland
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-14-2006, 07:12 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

You can use Mod Podge, double stick tape (Scotch), or you can use tacky tape. If you use Mod Podge on the top, you must use it on the bottom of the paper. If you don't need the box shiney, you don't have to Mod Podge the top. I use Mod Podge to put papers on composition books, just on the bottom. On the box I made, I used double stick tape on the bottom and Mod Podge on the top. My paper bubbled and I had to peel it off and start over.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:56 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Also, if you're using CS, you can use a thick tacky glue. I use Crafter's Glue. Lightly squirt it on the side you want to glue down and then spread it out into a thin layer either with your hand or a popsicle stick (the thicker ones that double as tongue depressors work best). Then stick! If you have bubbles that you can't get out, you're likely either using too much glue or your paper is too thin. If that happens, just put a thin coating of glue over the entire project and coat with glitter!